Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who will be Brady's receivers after Amendola if Dobson is out?

LUCKy

Endelman, Amendola, Thompkins, Collie and Vareen out of the backfield.

I mean I know Amendola, Edelman and Dobson have been his favorite WR's this year (that remain).  Dobson seemed to be the one that really emerged of the young guys, so who should would we fear out of the rest besides Vereen?  

Tangent: Thank god no more kevin faulk.  That guy has to be one of the most underrated role players ever. Whenever you needed a 3rd and 2-4 yds to go, Brady would find him.   

BTW I think you guys come out run heavy anyways.  So throwing would be if we bring Landry up to help or our LBs cheat up.  I mean I guess you guys could come out empty backfield dinking and dunking.  God I hate you guys...

I mean I know Amendola, Edelman and Dobson have been his favorite WR's this year (that remain).  Dobson seemed to be the one that really emerged of the young guys, so who should would we fear out of the rest besides Vereen?  

Tangent: Thank god no more kevin faulk.  That guy has to be one of the most underrated role players ever. Whenever you needed a 3rd and 2-4 yds to go, Brady would find him.   

BTW I think you guys come out run heavy anyways.  So throwing would be if we bring Landry up to help or our LBs cheat up.  I mean I guess you guys could come out empty backfield dinking and dunking.  God I hate you guys...

There really has not been a go to guy this year except for Endelman. He has over 100 catches but most of them are 5-10 grabs. Although he is very dangerous after the catch as he is fast and tough to bring down. After him it is the open guy for Brady. Dobson was looking good in the middle of the season but has been hampered with the foot for a few weeks now and seems doubtful to play. Thompkins looked great to start the season but has since faded a bit. I think much will have to do with match-ups and how the Colts choose to play the WRs. I wouldn't be surprised to see Collie get some targets if he is singled.

You are right about the backfield though. I expect a lot of runs and Vareen could be split out wide as well.

I miss Faulk. I do not think he was ever undervalued in NE. The rest of the league maybe but not Pats fans. We all knew just how special he was. I hope Vareen can do his best imitation of him Saturday night.  :)

Edelman is Brady's go to even on the rare occasion that Amendola is healthy.  Colts really need for the good Vontae Davis to show up and be physical with Edelman.  Brady is the best there is a dinking and dunking you to death, especially this year since the Patriots don't have the deep threats like they have in past years.  That would spell major trouble for our old cover 2 "D" but I have no doubt Manusky will be calling an aggressive game. If Davis can show up even half as well as he did against the Broncos I like the Colts' chances.

Dobson hasn't practiced this week (unless he returned today). Foot injury, not sure exactly what it is, but possibly a lisfranc thing. He was out for a few weeks, came back for one game, and didn't make it through four quarters. My guess is he doesn't play.

There are really only three receivers you'll hear much about on Saturday - Edelman, Amendola, and Thompkins. 

Edelman scares the crap out of me. Either he is on or he is not. When he is, he racks ups the catches.

They run al these horizontal routes....a little like Phily....

You just have to move Tom Brady.....You cant rush 3 or 4....you need more....

..and you have to blitz (and fake blitz) him from different positions..we're good at that....

.....Its a tall order

It almost doesn't matter what receivers Brady has to choose from.  Although if Amendola isn't able to suit up - thats really helpful to the Colts.  However they whole key to this is winning the line of scrimmage. Can't let the Pats RBs get going and Brady has to get hit often.  Brady's kryptonite is pressure and getting hit - its how the Giants owned him as well as the Ravens.

There really has not been a go to guy this year except for Endelman. He has over 100 catches but most of them are 5-10 grabs. Although he is very dangerous after the catch as he is fast and tough to bring down. After him it is the open guy for Brady. Dobson was looking good in the middle of the season but has been hampered with the foot for a few weeks now and seems doubtful to play. Thompkins looked great to start the season but has since faded a bit. I think much will have to do with match-ups and how the Colts choose to play the WRs. I wouldn't be surprised to see Collie get some targets if he is singled.

You are right about the backfield though. I expect a lot of runs and Vareen could be split out wide as well.

I miss Faulk. I do not think he was ever undervalued in NE. The rest of the league maybe but not Pats fans. We all knew just how special he was. I hope Vareen can do his best imitation of him Saturday night.  :)

I always thought Kevin Faulk was one of the most underrated players in the NFL. 

We have to get pressure on him up the middle, from there I think we can send a couple delayed cross blitzes if we can get them into 3rd and medium or 3rd and long situations

NO!!! :no:

We absolutely suck at stunts & crosses. Everytime we ran them against the Chiefs the pass rush was invisible. The worst stunt team I've ever seen has to be the Colts. Everyone just stick to their normal gaps & go from there

We better not run another stunt ever again

Let's hope the blind refs call the picks if they are used

The blatant ones, yes. But if it's done properly, like we used to do it, they won't.

I think we're going to use a similar gameplan that we used against Denver. NE has a better line and RBs, it's going to tough to stop those rub routes.

The blatant ones, yes. But if it's done properly, like we used to do it, they won't.

I think we're going to use a similar gameplan that we used against Denver. NE has a better line and RBs, it's going to tough to stop those rub routes.

Id bite at better OL, but certainly not RBs.