Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Draft Simulator

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we signed a solid ILB in FA, resigned Bethea, and a competent C, I would be thrilled with this rather unrealistic draft. 

Your Picks:
Round 3 Pick 4 (ATL): Dakota Dozier, OG, Furman (B+)
Round 3 Pick 26: Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina (A)
Round 3 Pick 29 (N.E.): Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, Nebraska (A)
Round 4 Pick 3 (ATL): Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss (A-)
Round 4 Pick 30 (N.E.): Ego Ferguson, DT, LSU (A)
Round 5 Pick 30 (S.F.): Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama (B)
Round 6 Pick 22 (N.E.): Walt Aikens, CB, Liberty (B)
Round 6 Pick 27: Howard Jones, OLB, Shepherd (C+)
Round 7 Pick 17: Dri Archer, WR, Kent State (E)
Round 7 Pick 28 (S.F.): Jeremiah George, ILB, Iowa State (F)

Another awesome but unrealistic and really lucky draft.  Can we just say these are the guys we want?

Your score is: 4604 (Drafting Ability: A-, Player Quality B, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
Round 3 Pick 8 (MINN): Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 3 Pick 12 (DET): Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss (B-)
Round 3 Pick 23 (K.C.): Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, Nebraska (A-)
Round 4 Pick 23 (CINN): Marcus Martin, C, Southern California (A)
Round 4 Pick 29 (S.F.): Christian Jones, ILB, Florida State (A)
Round 5 Pick 10 (JAX): Kenny Ladler, FS, Vanderbilt (A)
Round 7 Pick 17: Howard Jones, OLB, Shepherd (B+)

CB STANLEY JEAN- BAPTISTE
NEBRASKA

ILB SHAYNE SKOV
STANFORD

DE JOSH MAURO
STANFORD

CB AARON COLVIN
OKLAHOMA

WR CODY HOFFMAN
BYU

S ISAIAH LEWIS
MICHIGAN STATE

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=uzznqz

Not a bad draft.  You cna also try http://first-pick.com/

It's a little more involved as teams will offer trades and what not.  It is also, however, a bit more unrealistic.  If you pay attention or look at the full draft results when you're finished, some teams just trade a ridiculous amount of picks (i had a draft where Cleveland had 79 draft picks, almost all of which were in the 5th-7th rounds)

Seems legit. I think people should start warming up to the idea of Skov coming to the Colts. I know people want Smallwood, but he's not going that high. Also follows what I've been saying about our 2nd round pick coming down to a CB or WR. Could also see BPA on the defensive line at that pick if someone crazy falls like Van Noy or Stephon Tuitt.

Other than that the draft is a 8/10

To me, Mauro will do well to be on a practice squad week 1.

Based on what i saw at the combine.

The Combine is a pretty poor judge of what a player will do out in a game situation, Mauro is much better in games then he is a top notch athlete

Not bad at all...defense heavy

Don't need 2 rookie corners this year, however. We need to upgrade Moala, Matthews, and Franklin in the DL rotation. I'm convinced that's one of the colts biggest needs.

And..Redding isn't getting any younger...some don't like RJF (unspectacular but solid) and Chapman still gets a swollen knee. All six of these DL spots have some issues.

Keep the 2nd if Hageman, Tuitt, or Daquan Jones is available. Trade out if not (I know you said that's not part of this particular mock site).

Not bad at all...defense heavy

Don't need 2 rookie corners this year, however. We need to upgrade Moala, Matthews, and Franklin in the DL rotation. I'm convinced that's one of the colts biggest needs.

And..Redding isn't getting any younger...some don't like RJF (unspectacular but solid) and Chapman still gets a swollen knee. All six of these DL spots have some issues.

Keep the 2nd if Hageman, Tuitt, or Daquan Jones is available. Trade out if not (I know you said that's not part of this particular mock site).

DE STEPHON TUITT
NOTRE DAME

WR DONTE MONCRIEF
MISSISSIPPI
ILB PRESTON BROWN
LOUISVILLE
S ISAIAH LEWIS
MICHIGAN STATE
CB AARON COLVIN
OKLAHOMA
RB JERICK MCKINNON
GEORGIA SOUTHERN

Did a draft earlier today and it made me realize that Tuitt is exactly one of the Defensive Line guys that could fall to us. Hell, we could get him and Coleman in the draft.

DE STEPHON TUITT

NOTRE DAME

WR DONTE MONCRIEF

MISSISSIPPI

ILB PRESTON BROWN

LOUISVILLE

S ISAIAH LEWIS

MICHIGAN STATE

CB AARON COLVIN

OKLAHOMA

RB JERICK MCKINNON

GEORGIA SOUTHERN

Did a draft earlier today and it made me realize that Tuitt is exactly one of the Defensive Line guys that could fall to us. Hell, we could get him and Coleman in the draft.

I'd French kiss the monitor if the Colts got both Tuitt and Coleman.

Of course not.

Safety is absolutely fine. And LB is an area we need to address.

However IMO our lines should be our priority. If we address those in Free Agency, cool. But if not, our draft better not look like these.

Run defense is moreso a need. An ILB can help that. I agree the D-Line needs to be upgraded though. But the safety position is terrible. Bethea and Landry did nothing last season. That's the biggest weak link on our team. The corners can play decent when they want to. The safety core was just terrible.

Run defense is moreso a need. An ILB can help that. I agree the D-Line needs to be upgraded though. But the safety position is terrible. Bethea and Landry did nothing last season. That's the biggest weak link on our team. The corners can play decent when they want to. The safety core was just terrible.

Listen there is no greater advocate for Defense than me. But Safety play just isn't that big a deal when the reality is you can't stop the run. That is Dline and yes, LBs too. But the Safety play is not prioritized above either of those when game planning against the run. Our Safeties are good enough for now.

Regardless, our Oline is the biggest problem. Everyone knows that instinctively. A person would have to over-think it to come to some other conclusion.

Now if we address that via Free Agency, I'm all for going Defense with the draft. However even then I'd rather have Dline & LBs over Safety & CBs. We stop the run & generate pass rush and both our Safeties will go to the Pro Bowl.

DE STEPHON TUITT
NOTRE DAME

WR DONTE MONCRIEF
MISSISSIPPI
ILB PRESTON BROWN
LOUISVILLE
S ISAIAH LEWIS
MICHIGAN STATE
CB AARON COLVIN
OKLAHOMA
RB JERICK MCKINNON
GEORGIA SOUTHERN

That's more like it. I wonder whether Tuitt will be there at #59 and whether McKinnon will be there at #218, but if they are, I'd co-sign the heck out of these choices. Aaron Colvin would probably sit for the first year, but he was considered a top 50 pick before he hurt himself at the Senior Bowl. Get a vet corner as a stopgap, and Colvin is like an extra pick in 2015.

Listen there is no greater advocate for Defense than me. But Safety play just isn't that big a deal when the reality is you can't stop the run. That is Dline and yes, LBs too. But the Safety play is not prioritized above either of those when game planning against the run. Our Safeties are good enough for now.

Regardless, our Oline is the biggest problem. Everyone knows that instinctively. A person would have to over-think it to come to some other conclusion.

Now if we address that via Free Agency, I'm all for going Defense with the draft. However even then I'd rather have Dline & LBs over Safety & CBs. We stop the run & generate pass rush and both our Safeties will go to the Pro Bowl.

I agree, but I think a young safety to go with Delano Howell is needed, as well as another LB.

The DL needs to be upgraded not just for the run, but to collapse the pocket in the passing game. 34 DE's aren't really designed to do that, but Redding does have his moments. No one else on the DL can do that. RJF was not signed to be that kind of player.

Really, when in the past 15 years have the colts got ANY pressure on the QB from the DT's or up the middle in general?

I agree, but I think a young safety to go with Delano Howell is needed, as well as another LB.

The DL needs to be upgraded not just for the run, but to collapse the pocket in the passing game. 34 DE's aren't really designed to do that, but Redding does have his moments. No one else on the DL can do that. RJF was not signed to be that kind of player.

Really, when in the past 15 years have the colts got ANY pressure on the QB from the DT's or up the middle in general?

Well the issue regarding past 4/3 defenses has no bearing on this discussion. Regardless, our Ends & NT in this defense are supposed to occupy multiple blockers. Ours do not. Therefore the LBs aren't free to do what they're supposed to "create pressure" and tackle RBs. 

Wanting another young Safety versus it being a weakness are two different things. I wouldn't mind another young one too. But I'm not prioritizing it above either line.

You just "want" another Safety...and so you're making stretches to imply we need one.

We'll see what happens. Another exciting draft and off-season should make clear what Grigson thinks.

DE STEPHON TUITT
NOTRE DAME

WR DONTE MONCRIEF
MISSISSIPPI
ILB PRESTON BROWN
LOUISVILLE
S ISAIAH LEWIS
MICHIGAN STATE
CB AARON COLVIN
OKLAHOMA
RB JERICK MCKINNON
GEORGIA SOUTHERN

That is a great draft if you ask me.  You can't pass on Tuitt if he's there in the 2nd.  You just can't.  I mean, unless someone like Aaron Donald fell to us.

Second Mock, I like this Simulator its quite fun 

Round 2 - CB BRADLEY ROBY (Ohio State) - Fast athletic corner who is physical in run support and has a knack for making plays.

Round 3 - ILB SHAYNE SKOV (Stanford) - Instinctive ILB that is a force with good run stopping abilities.

Round 5 - TRE BOSTON (North Carolina) - Safety converted from CB makes plays in the box and in run support shows adequate coverage ability.

Round 6 - RUSSELL BODINE (North Carolina) - Strong Center who plays with a mean streak, will need to work on his mechanics but will certainly help in the run game. 

Round 7 - WR L’DAMIAN WASHINGTON (Missouri) - Tall athletic built Receiver has exceptional speed, Verttical threat, Has the will to win and succeed, Great upside. 

Round 7 - RB DRI ARCHER (Kent St) - Couldnt pass on Archer here lol. Kid is Blazing Fast with great hands. I would call this a risk/reward pick but there really isnt much risk with the last pick in the draft. Too much upside with Archer kid is a big playmaker. 

ILB CHRISTIAN JONES

FLORIDA STATE

STEPS IN AS A STARTER NEXT TO FREEMAN

C WESTON RICHBURG

COLORADO STATE

TAKES OVER THE STARTING ROLE

OLB PRINCE SHEMBO

NOTRE DAME

A MUCH NEEDED PASS RUSHER.  HAD A VERY GOOD COMBINE

CB ANDRE HAL

VANDERBILT

MOST LIKELY MAKES THE MOVE TO FS

RB DRI ARCHER

KENT STATE

PROVIDES DEPTH BEHIND RICHARDSON AND BALLARDTAKES OVER RETURNER DUTIES

CB AARON COLVIN

OKLAHOMA

WILL MISS MOST OF THE YEAR BUT TOO GOOD TO PASS UP AT THIS POINT

YOUR PICKS
R2

DE STEPHON TUITT
NOTRE DAME
R3

ILB SHAYNE SKOV
STANFORD
R5

TRE BOSTON
NORTH CAROLINA
R6

WR TEVIN REESE
BAYLOR
R7

CB AARON COLVIN
OKLAHOMA

I love this draft with the exception of Tevin Reese, I think at that point I should have taken Aaron Colvin in Rd. 6 and drafted L'Damian Washington in Rd. 7. His potential is pretty good.

EDIT: In retrospect, I don't think I hit all of our needs. I would have liked to grab a CB earlier in the draft and maybe an OG. Hard to work with so few picks this year.

Two thoughts....

Both draft websites....   the one at the top of this thread at fanspeak.com and the one from first-pick.com have very, very questionable ideas on where kids will be picked.   And it's not just in the first round....   it's all up and down the draft.  Oft times, they are just way, way, way off.

Don't get me wrong,  both are great fun...  very addictive...  and good intellectual exercises...   but if you view either of these websites as having some great insight as to wear players will be drafted, I think you're going to be very disappointed, or very surprised, or both...

The other thing to note....  a few weeks ago the simulator at Fanspeak.com started giving the Colts two draft picks in the 7th round.    If this is true, it's certainly news to the Colts, who insist they only have 5 picks...    in rounds, two, three, five, six and seven.    But that's it.   

There's lots of misinformation out there...   even in simulated draft games...

DE STEPHON TUITT

NOTRE DAME

Big DE to come in and add to the pass rush and run stopping. Tall and plenty of length.

DE MARCUS SMITH

LOUISVILLE

Pass rusher, athletic and hopefully long term replacement for Mathis.

S HAKEEM SMITH

LOUISVILLE

Bethea's replacement who can share time with Howell alongside Landry.

ILB PRESTON BROWN

LOUISVILLE

Big, athletic run stopper to add to the linebacker rotation.

RB DRI ARCHER

KENT STATE

PR, KR and big play RB. Added pace alongside Ballard and Richardson.

CB AARON COLVIN

OKLAHOMA

CB who would be drafted higher if not for an injury.

Haven't done one of these in a while.  Let's give it a shot:

DE STEPHON TUITT
NOTRE DAME

Huge (6'5", 304 lbs), can play in the 4-3 and the 3-4.  He has long arms, can shed tackles, and is a reliable tackler.  A major knock on him is he may not have the fluidity to rush the passer.  Other areas for improvement are his intensity, some body stiffness, and hands.  I think Redding and the coaches can mentor him to improve a lot of these weaknesses, but his size and versatility gets me excited.  He has a lot of potential and I could see him being a starting DE in a few years.  We could have a DL of RJF, Chapman, and Tuitt.  Those are three big boys!

G BRANDON THOMAS
CLEMSON

Can play tackle, but will likely be a guard in the NFL.  NFL.com says he is still learning what it takes to prepare as a pro, but I think being surrounded by hard working guys like Mathis, Wayne, Luck, etc. will help him.  He isn't known to be a mauler, but hopefully that can be changed with more work in the weight room.  If not, he could always be a solid backup guard if Thornton and Thomas become really good consistently.  His ability to play tackle makes him more versatile, so he can be there in case something happens to Castonzo or Cherilus.  They could even perhaps use him on sets with an extra tackle.

ILB MAX BULLOUGH
MICHIGAN STATE

I was really stuck here.  I had a choice between Bullough, Jordan Zumwalt, and a receiver whose name I can't remember now.  Bullough has great instincts and tackles very well.  He has the bloodlines and a great passion for the game.  He's also a great leader and he has a very high football IQ.  The problem with Bullough is he is iffy in coverage.  He comes across as a Brandon Spikes kind of player - great at stopping the run, but needs improvement in pass coverage.  Perhaps he could lose some weight (currently around 250 lbs) to gain some speed.  I took Bullough over Zumwalt because Bullough is a better tackler and is more durable.  If nothing else, I think he could be excellent on special teams.

DT RYAN CARRETHERS
ARKANSAS STATE

Analysis given in previous mocks.

CB DONTAE JOHNSON
NORTH CAROLINA STATE

I love his size (6'2", 200 lbs).  He has short arms, and small hands, so those may cause some troubles for our man scheme.  He tackles aggressively and is a smart, hard-working guy, which I love to see.  He's also fairly versatile as he has played some safety and nickel.  NFL.com says he is best suited for a zone scheme, so this may not be a good pick.  But when I see a late round CB with good size, a willingness to tackle, and good physical tools, I see him as a project.  I would love to see what Pagano can do to develop him.

S SEAN PARKER
WASHINGTON

I think I gave analysis for Parker in previous drafts.  If not, he's a good SS that could provide depth.  He can be a reliable backup and has grown and matured quite a bit.  He had a pretty good season last year, coming away with 91 tackles and 4 picks.  He's another physical player, which I'm sure Grigs and the coaching staff will love.  There may be some questions as to his durability since he's a bit small for a strong safety (5'10", 193 lbs) and had a season ending injury his first year of college ball.  I think he could still be a good depth player, could potentially develop into a reliable starter, and could contribute on special teams right away.

If you look closely, this mock was focused on the trenches and the run game.  Grigs and Pagano want to emphasize the run on both sides of the ball and Blount ran all over us in our last game.  Our run defense needs to be improved, as does OL run blocking for our offense.  Even the DBs I took were both noted for being physical players who can tackle.

RB TRE MASON
AUBURN

CB KEITH MCGILL
UTAH
DT DEANDRE COLEMAN
CALIFORNIA
DE JOSH MAURO
STANFORD
WR SHAQ EVANS
UCLA
S SEAN PARKER
WASHINGTON

Had to go with BPA in this one. Gabe  Jackson, Donte Moncrief, Stephon Tuitt, etc... were all gone so I went with Mason who reports say the Colts like. I know he probably won't be there but it's hard to pass over a talent like that just to draft a player of need instead.

I also like the idea of getting Coleman and Mauro to bolster the line. Coleman is a run stopper who can play 3-4 DE and possibly DT. Mauro isn't as good but he has hidden potential and can start after a year of sitting.

McGill is the 2nd best fit in our secondary after Dennard. Plus his versatility makes him a Grigson guy for sure. I think McGill, Desire, and both E.J. and Phillip Gaines are the best press/man corners in our range who fit what we do.

DE MARCUS SMITH

LOUISVILLE

Mathis' replacement, can rotate in and out as a pass rusher.

CB MARCUS ROBERSON

FLORIDA

Good man cover corner with some length, comes from the same school as Joe Haden and Janoris Jenkins so has some pedigree.

S KENNY LADLER

VANDERBILT

Safety to compete with Howell for Bethea's spot.

C RUSSELL BODINE

NORTH CAROLINA

Combine warrior who can play guard or centre and has great measurables to work with.

ILB PRESTON BROWN

LOUISVILLE

Run stopping athletic LB, can take Sheppard's spot and battle Muamba for snaps.

DT BEAU ALLEN

WISCONSIN

NT depth.

Your score is: 4152 (Drafting Ability: C+, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: N/A) 

Your Picks:
Round 3 Pick 16 (NYJ): Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt (A)
Round 3 Pick 27 (N.O.): Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford (B+)
Round 3 Pick 32 (MINN): DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State (A)
Round 4 Pick 9 (BUF): Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor (B)
Round 4 Pick 17 (CHI): Craig Loston, SS, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 28 (CAR): Chris Davis, CB, Auburn (A)
Round 5 Pick 1 (HOU): Caraun Reid, DT, Princeton (B)
Round 5 Pick 26: Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama (B)
Round 6 Pick 5 (OAK): Tyler Starr, OLB, South Dakota (B-)
Round 6 Pick 9 (BUF): Isaiah Crowell, RB, Alabama State (B-)
Round 6 Pick 27: Devon Kennard, OLB, Southern California (B-)
Round 7 Pick 17: Andre Hal, CB, Vanderbilt (C-)

Really screwed the pooch on Linder lol.   Otherwise I like this one a lot. :)

Your score is: 3639 (Drafting Ability: C-, Player Quality A-, Future Draft Picks: N/A) 

Your Picks:
Round 3 Pick 9 (BUF): Keith McGill, CB, Utah (B-)
Round 4 Pick 3 (ATL): Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford (A-)
Round 4 Pick 6 (CLE): Dion Bailey, FS, Southern California (B+)
Round 4 Pick 27 (CLE): Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama (A-)
Round 4 Pick 29 (S.F.): Caraun Reid, DT, Princeton (B+)
Round 5 Pick 26: Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A)
Round 6 Pick 22 (N.E.): Brandon Linder, OG, Miami (Fla.) (E)
Round 6 Pick 27: Deandre Coleman, DT, California (C+)
Round 6 Pick 32 (SEA): Isaiah Crowell, RB, Alabama State (A)
Round 7 Pick 17: Andre Hal, CB, Vanderbilt (C-)