241 RB Jerick McKinnon Georgia Southern

Think I like my second draft better

59 S Terrence Brooks Florida State

90 DE Marcus Smith Louisville

166 DT Deandre Coleman California

203 CB Dontae Johnson Norh Carolina State

232 S Nickoe Whitley Mississippi State

241 RB Jerick McKinnon Georgia Southern

Your score is: 4156 (Drafting Ability: B, Player Quality B, Future Draft Picks: N/A) 

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 31 (DEN): Demarcus Lawrence, DE, Boise State (B)
Round 3 Pick 31 (DEN): Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford (B-)
Round 4 Pick 12 (TENN): Dion Bailey, FS, Southern California (A-)
Round 4 Pick 13 (NYG): Louchiez Purifoy, CB, Florida (A)
Round 5 Pick 12 (NYG): Ahmad Dixon, SS, Baylor (A)
Round 5 Pick 26: Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech (A-)
Round 6 Pick 27: Deandre Coleman, DT, California (C+)
Round 7 Pick 17: Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley (A)

Third draft pretty decent mainly defensive backs though

59 s Terrence Brooks Florida state

90 de Marcus smith louisville

166 s Kenny ladled vanderbilt

203 cb dontae Johnson north Carolina state

232 cb Ricardo Allen purdue

241 wr Cody Hoffman byu

Only sleeted wr was bpa

Yesterday was Tuesday, meaning their system was updated.  Using the Fanspeak big board:

DE STEPHON TUITT
NOTRE DAME

A little raw, but certainly has the build and talent to develop into a very good DE

G ANTHONY STEEN
ALABAMA

Very good pass protector.  Hard working guy.  Run blocking needs some work.  Could provide some competition at the guard spots or be a serviceable backup in case Costa or Thomas (or whoever the starters are) gets hurt

DT DEANDRE COLEMAN
CALIFORNIA

Analysis given in previous mocks

WR L’DAMIAN WASHINGTON

MISSOURI

Big WR (6'4", 198 lbs). He's fast, but raw.  With that said, he's a hard working guy, so he could develop into a reliable WR

S MARQUESTON HUFF
WYOMING

Explosive and physical DB.  NFL.com says he will project better at CB than S, but perhaps he could be a versatile player with the ability to play either position if required.  He could turn into a starter

QB KEITH WENNING
BALL STATE
Hard working, great character guy.  Doesn't throw the deep ball well.  I don't expect Hasselbeck to be here much longer, and he could project into a decent "dink-and-dunk" QB.  He could be our #3 QB behind Harnish or even provide Harnish with some competition for the #2 spot

Using Walter Football's big board:

C MARCUS MARTIN
USC

He is versatile in that he can play guard and center.  I think he's a little raw in that scouting reports say he is stronger than he plays, so perhaps that could be drawn out of him with better technique.  He doesn't have a mean-streak in him though, which might be a bit of a problem when it comes to run blocking, especially since we want to be a power running team going right up the middle.  With that said, I like his potential and think we should let the two former USC Cs battle it out for the starter position.

CB STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE
NEBRASKA

Analysis given in previous mocks.  I do want to add that I think he's being overvalued right now.  People want to compare him to Sherman or Browner because of his size, but he is nowhere near as physical as those guys.  The size is good, but I want a guy who can make plays and make tackles.

CB WALT AIKENS
LIBERTY

Character requires close scrutiny, but he has good size (6'1"), is very physical, and is suited to a man scheme

WR CODY LATIMER
INDIANA

A former basketball player (those guys tend to do well in the NFL), so he has good body control and good hand-eye coordination.  He's a big guy (6'2"), but doesn't have great speed or juking ability to make defenders miss.  He could ba a good possession receiver and a solid red zone threat.

S BROCK VEREEN

MINNESOTA

My darkhorse pick to make the biggest impact from this group of picks.  He's a smart guy and is pretty rangy, but he may not be able to cover bigger TEs due to short arm length.  He's has football in his blood (brother is Shane from the Pats, father was drafted by the Bucs), and he has exceptional intangibles.

ILB AVERY WILLIAMSON
KENTUCKY
LB depth.  Great intangibles with athleticism that leaves something to be desired.  Could be a good special teams player and make the occasional play on defense to give the other guys a rest

Lastly, using the Optimum Scouting big board:

WR DAVANTE ADAMS
FRESNO STATE

A reliable possession receivers with the ability to develop into a #1.  If Nicks doesn't work out, he could learn from Wayne and step into the #1 role when Wayne leaves.

DT STEPHON TUITT
NOTRE DAME

DT ZACH KERR
DELAWARE

A big DT (326 lbs).  He tends to wear down as games go on (I would think most linemen do), and he has a bit of an injury history, but I think he, Montori Hughes, and Chapman could turn into a really good DT rotation.

S MARQUESTON HUFF
WYOMING

CB LOUCHEIZ PURIFOY
FLORIDA

Frustratingly inconsistent.  He has the physical tools, so perhaps coaching from a DB guru like Pagano could really help him.  With that said, you never know how that could turn out.  He could do great in practice, then revert back to his old tendencies in a game.  If nothing else, he could contribute as a special teams gunner and returner.

QB JEFF MATTHEWS
CORNELL
I really like this pick.  He lacks athleticism and relies on his arm.  He's a smart guy who really understands the game, so NFL.com says coaching could be in his future.  With that said, he possesses the intangibles to make him stick with a team for a while.  He could even develop into a serviceable backup.  Given what I've read about him and what I've seen on Harnish, I would be more confident with him as our backup than Harnish.  I really like this pick!!  Jeff Matthews to Indy!!

WE DON'T NEED WR we almost have too many offensive weapons there is only one ball. As I respect people taking the time to draft I really think if we don't go solely defense in rounds 2,3, and 5 what's the point

I think it wouldn't hurt to draft one.  Nicks could go either way and Wayne is coming off a major knee injury.  Another guy for insurance wouldn't hurt.  Last year, we got ravaged by injuries, so it never hurts to have depth.  If you're referring to my draft using Optimum Scouting, I went WR first because the other top prospects at that time according to their big board were positions we didn't need, like RB or TE.  I don't think WR is a major need, but I had no choice but to pick on there since anyone else would have been a huge reach

I think it wouldn't hurt to draft one.  Nicks could go either way and Wayne is coming off a major knee injury.  Another guy for insurance wouldn't hurt.  Last year, we got ravaged by injuries, so it never hurts to have depth.  If you're referring to my draft using Optimum Scouting, I went WR first because the other top prospects at that time according to their big board were positions we didn't need, like RB or TE.  I don't think WR is a major need, but I had no choice but to pick on there since anyone else would have been a huge reach

I can totally understand your logic think we need to go FS then CB we really need to improve the D I mean I wouldn't be upset to see a center or OLB maybe I definitely like Coleman in the fifth unless there is just someone we can't pass on I think next season is suppose to be a good WR year also although I could be wrong. Thanks for taking the time to do the draft by the way

I can totally understand your logic think we need to go FS then CB we really need to improve the D I mean I wouldn't be upset to see a center or OLB maybe I definitely like Coleman in the fifth unless there is just someone we can't pass on I think next season is suppose to be a good WR year also although I could be wrong. Thanks for taking the time to do the draft by the way

haha I agree with everything you said :thmup:.  Secondary is a huge need.  I also wouldn't mind seeing a C or OLB brought in for some competition/depth

I went with appeared need of the team, did not take a BPA approach.  I utilized the simulator with Fanspeak rankings.

C MARCUS MARTIN
USC

S AHMAD DIXON
BAYLOR
ILB PRESTON BROWN
LOUISVILLE
G SPENCER LONG
NEBRASKA
CB AARON COLVIN
OKLAHOMA
YOUR PICKS
Big Board Selected:
PLAYERS AVAILABLE

First-pick.com made some significant adjustments to their platform, which many of us were hoping they would. Fewer trades, more in line with the draft value chart, you can only accumulate up to 14 picks, etc. 

http://first-pick.com/Content/update.html

Thanks for sharing this news.

I'm impressed that the staff running the website actually listened to their clients!    That doesn't happen too often, especially on the Internet.

Good for them.   And hopefully good for the users of the simulator.     Hope it's win-win for everyone!

First-pick.com made some significant adjustments to their platform, which many of us were hoping they would. Fewer trades, more in line with the draft value chart, you can only accumulate up to 14 picks, etc. 

http://first-pick.com/Content/update.html

BOOOOOO!!! lol.  It was more fun before, but obviously not realistic.  Here's my second attempt since the update.  I could definitely live with this but I was extremely ticked that Keith McGill went 2 picks ahead of my 3/26 pick.  In the 5th, I was debating between Ellis and Deandre Coleman.  Figured since Chapman was the only true NT on the roster I'd go with Ellis but I'm kinda regretting it now.  

Your score is: 4380 (GRADE: B+) 

Your Picks:

Round 3 Pick 2 (WASH): Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech (A)

Round 3 Pick 26: Rashaad Reynolds, CB, Oregon State (B)

Round 4 Pick 2 (WASH): Craig Loston, SS, LSU (B+)

Round 5 Pick 26: Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech (B+)

Round 6 Pick 27: Kevin Norwood, WR, Alabama (A)

Round 7 Pick 17: De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon (B)

Your Future Picks: 

2015 Round 1 Pick

2016 Round 1 Pick

BOOOOOO!!! lol.  It was more fun before, but obviously not realistic.  Here's my second attempt since the update.  I could definitely live with this but I was extremely ticked that Keith McGill went 2 picks ahead of my 3/26 pick.  In the 5th, I was debating between Ellis and Deandre Coleman.  Figured since Chapman was the only true NT on the roster I'd go with Ellis but I'm kinda regretting it now.  

Your score is: 4380 (GRADE: B+) 

Your Picks:

Round 3 Pick 2 (WASH): Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech (A)

Round 3 Pick 26: Rashaad Reynolds, CB, Oregon State (B)

Round 4 Pick 2 (WASH): Craig Loston, SS, LSU (B+)

Round 5 Pick 26: Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech (B+)

Round 7 Pick 17: De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon (B)

Your Future Picks: 

2015 Round 1 Pick

2016 Round 1 Pick

You can still make a bunch of trades and accumulate a bunch of picks. I played around with it last night, and my beef is that it's kind of erratic. One draft had Terrence Brooks go at 1/25, and the next he went at 2/25. But if you do a bunch of trade backs, you can still almost triple the amount of picks you start with.

They also have Dion Bailey as a 2nd round prospect, it seems, which I think is too high. My goal was to trade back and get Bailey and McGill in the third, use the extra 4th on either a Sam/Rush prospect or an ILB, and then get a couple OL/DL guy in the 5th/6th, and do something exciting with the 7th rounder. But Bailey is gone too soon, I don't like any of the 4th round ILB guys (and I think Smallwood is getting overdrafted), etc. 

Whatever... I need to watch more film.

You can still make a bunch of trades and accumulate a bunch of picks. I played around with it last night, and my beef is that it's kind of erratic. One draft had Terrence Brooks go at 1/25, and the next he went at 2/25. But if you do a bunch of trade backs, you can still almost triple the amount of picks you start with.

They also have Dion Bailey as a 2nd round prospect, it seems, which I think is too high. My goal was to trade back and get Bailey and McGill in the third, use the extra 4th on either a Sam/Rush prospect or an ILB, and then get a couple OL/DL guy in the 5th/6th, and do something exciting with the 7th rounder. But Bailey is gone too soon, I don't like any of the 4th round ILB guys (and I think Smallwood is getting overdrafted), etc. 

Whatever... I need to watch more film.

What I really hate about it is, it makes no room for tweeners and crossovers.  Some prospects with a "SS" tag could play the FS position just fine, some OTs project better as OG, or OG/C prospects.  With a few of the lesser stacked positions, positions like OT, OG, and FS are being drafted WAAY ahead of where they are projected or even rated.  It's like every time a T is listed on the BPA, it's seldom higher than a B rating and never an A.  Sucks for the Colts because we have no first round pick and no matter how you draft, sooner or later, you'll be forced to either reach for crappy players or draft BPAs that dont' fit anything you need.  Not that I really care about the grade and I can get a solid group of players that I personally like...but com'on, it's a game, sometimes I wanna get a high score.  Can't figure out how people get 6,000 or higher...I've tried literally everything I could think of and my highest is like 4900.

What I really hate about it is, it makes no room for tweeners and crossovers.  Some prospects with a "SS" tag could play the FS position just fine, some OTs project better as OG, or OG/C prospects.  With a few of the lesser stacked positions, positions like OT, OG, and FS are being drafted WAAY ahead of where they are projected or even rated.  It's like every time a T is listed on the BPA, it's seldom higher than a B rating and never an A.  Sucks for the Colts because we have no first round pick and no matter how you draft, sooner or later, you'll be forced to either reach for crappy players or draft BPAs that dont' fit anything you need.  Not that I really care about the grade and I can get a solid group of players that I personally like...but com'on, it's a game, sometimes I wanna get a high score.  Can't figure out how people get 6,000 or higher...I've tried literally everything I could think of and my highest is like 4900.

I disregarded the scoring on day one. Can't determine how they do their scoring, whether it's based on what they perceive your needs to be, the player's draft grade, the value you're getting... So I don't care about it. I initially used it to get a feel for how the board was looking, etc., and started doing homework on the players I'd draft. 

One change I really like, though, is that they adjusted their draft projection to show what range a player is expected to be drafted in. So according to them, if a guy has a Day 2 grade, and you get him in the 4th, that probably means that you are getting good value, according to them. Or at least you know that you can't wait on that guy, if you want him. Kind of helps you get an idea of their rankings so you can plan for future picks.

Haven't done one in a while but would be pleased with this one !!

CB STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE

NEBRASKA

DT STEPHON TUITT

NOTRE DAME

S KENNY LADLER

VANDERBILT

C MARCUS MARTIN

USC

WR T.J. JONES

NOTRE DAME

Did something happen with Marcus Martin? Last I saw, he was considered a second round prospect...

I disregarded the scoring on day one. Can't determine how they do their scoring, whether it's based on what they perceive your needs to be, the player's draft grade, the value you're getting... So I don't care about it. I initially used it to get a feel for how the board was looking, etc., and started doing homework on the players I'd draft. 

One change I really like, though, is that they adjusted their draft projection to show what range a player is expected to be drafted in. So according to them, if a guy has a Day 2 grade, and you get him in the 4th, that probably means that you are getting good value, according to them. Or at least you know that you can't wait on that guy, if you want him. Kind of helps you get an idea of their rankings so you can plan for future picks.

I couldn't figure out how they did the scoring either.  But hey, I was bored at work and I can't watch film at work because it gets blocked out by our IT security program.  Since this game functions, I had time to figure it out.  And well, after many many hours, I am no closer than when I first started, and the gamer in me just can't let it go.

I couldn't figure out how they did the scoring either.  But hey, I was bored at work and I can't watch film at work because it gets blocked out by our IT security program.  Since this game functions, I had time to figure it out.  And well, after many many hours, I am no closer than when I first started, and the gamer in me just can't let it go.

This is the nonsense I had to be subject to for a B+ grade:

Your score is: 4587 (GRADE: B+) 

Your Picks:

Round 3 Pick 21 (G.B.): Dion Bailey, FS, Southern California (B-)

Round 3 Pick 31 (DEN): Telvin Smith, OLB, Florida State (A)

Round 4 Pick 21 (G.B.): Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice (B)

Round 4 Pick 23 (CINN): Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford (A)

Round 5 Pick 26: Michael Schofield, OT, Michigan (A-)

Round 6 Pick 27: Deandre Coleman, DT, California (B+)

Round 6 Pick 30 (N.E.): Dri Archer, WR, Kent State (A)

Round 7 Pick 9 (BUF): John Urschel, OG, Penn State (B-)

Round 7 Pick 17: Marion Grice, RB, Arizona State (A)

Round 7 Pick 18 (NYJ): Alden Darby, SS, Arizona State (B)

Round 7 Pick 19 (MIA): Jonathan Newsome, OLB, Ball State (B)

Round 7 Pick 24 (CINN): Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (B)

Round 7 Pick 31 (DEN): Jordan Najvar, TE, Baylor (B)

Here was an odd one.  Traded the 3rd round pick and 6th round pick for the two 4th round selections.  At 4th Rd, #11, no OL, OLB, WR prospects I liked, but couldn't really trade for anything.  Meh on that pick.

Round 2 Pick 27: Terrence Brooks, FS, Florida State (A)
Round 4 Pick 4 (NYJ): Keith McGill, CB, Utah (A)
Round 4 Pick 11 (DET): Christian Jones, ILB, Florida State (B-)
Round 7 Pick 17: L'Damian Washington, WR, Missouri (B+)

Your Picks:

Round 6 Pick 27: Deandre Coleman, DT, California (B+)

Round 6 Pick 30 (N.E.): Dri Archer, WR, Kent State (A)

Round 7 Pick 9 (BUF): John Urschel, OG, Penn State (B-)

Round 7 Pick 17: Marion Grice, RB, Arizona State (A)

Round 7 Pick 18 (NYJ): Alden Darby, SS, Arizona State (B)

Round 7 Pick 19 (MIA): Jonathan Newsome, OLB, Ball State (B)

Round 7 Pick 24 (CINN): Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (B)

Round 7 Pick 31 (DEN): Jordan Najvar, TE, Baylor (B)

This netted me my highest grade that I've ever been able to get.  Would have liked to get a FS in there, but it wasn't in the cards.

Your score is: 5040 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:

Round 2 Pick 27: Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young (A)

Round 3 Pick 26: Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina (A)

Round 6 Pick 27: Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana (A)

Round 7 Pick 17: Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (A-)

It's been very sporadic for me.  One draft I won't get any trade offers the entire draft while others I may get an offer every other round or so.  Definitely don't get multiple offers every round anymore.

Your Picks:

So is Skov one of the ILB prospects you do like?  I agree with what you said about Smallwood.  I wasn't overly impressed with him. I'd rather go Preston Brown in the 5th (or possible trade up to the 4th) than take Smallwood in the 2nd or 3rd.

It's been very sporadic for me.  One draft I won't get any trade offers the entire draft while others I may get an offer every other round or so.  Definitely don't get multiple offers every round anymore.

So is Skov one of the ILB prospects you do like?  I agree with what you said about Smallwood.  I wasn't overly impressed with him. I'd rather go Preston Brown in the 5th (or possible trade up to the 4th) than take Smallwood in the 2nd or 3rd.

Think he meant he had to make a ton of trades just to get a decent grade.  Which is true about this game.  Either that, or your draft BPA available, but then you get docked because you aren't drafting a  "Top 3 Need."  It just doesn't make a lot of sense.  And it's why I can't, for the life of me figure out how people get 6000 and higher for the Colts.

This netted me my highest grade that I've ever been able to get.  Would have liked to get a FS in there, but it wasn't in the cards.

Your score is: 5040 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:

Round 3 Pick 26: Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina (A)

Round 6 Pick 27: Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana (A)

Round 7 Pick 17: Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (A-)

If you could get a safety at 6/27 instead of a WR, that would be an awesome draft (Darby wouldn't get you as many points, but he'd be a better pick there). Quarles is probably unnecessary, but he'd be good in our front (no McGill at 3/26?) Colvin would get stashed for a year, which is fine. I like Schofield as a swing lineman; he was a rock at RT for Michigan, but he's got to get stronger. Everyone knows how I feel about Van Noy...

If you could get a safety at 6/27 instead of a WR, that would be an awesome draft (Darby wouldn't get you as many points, but he'd be a better pick there). Quarles is probably unnecessary, but he'd be good in our front (no McGill at 3/26?) Colvin would get stashed for a year, which is fine. I like Schofield as a swing lineman; he was a rock at RT for Michigan, but he's got to get stronger. Everyone knows how I feel about Van Noy...

This was one I was drafting for grade.  McGill was available, and if this were a real draft, I'd have taken him over Quarles.  Schofield, if there at #5 I would take.  There was no real FS there, but Alden Darby was avaialable at the time.  In fact, more often than not, he is available in the 7th.

This is probably how I would have done the previous draft.  I can only take this game so long, haha

Your score is: 4612 (GRADE: B+)

Round 3 Pick 26: Keith McGill, CB, Utah (A-)
Round 7 Pick 17: Alden Darby, SS, Arizona State (B)

Each time I've done the draft on first-pick today, McGill has gone 2-5 spots ahead of the Colts spot at 26.   :ticked:

Each time I've done the draft on first-pick today, McGill has gone 2-5 spots ahead of the Colts spot at 26.   :ticked:

Really? He's there all the time for me.  In fact, the one draft where I traded the 3rd and 6th round for 2 4th rounders...McGill AND Moncrief were available at the 4th round, 4th pick...I was devastated because I know neither would be there for the second lol.

Think he meant he had to make a ton of trades just to get a decent grade.  Which is true about this game.  Either that, or your draft BPA available, but then you get docked because you aren't drafting a  "Top 3 Need."  It just doesn't make a lot of sense.  And it's why I can't, for the life of me figure out how people get 6000 and higher for the Colts.

I'm totally uninterested in Skov (and several other players on that list). I was just trying to improve my score on that site, as part of an exercise with OPC. You can disregard that mock entirely. 

I still get a bunch of trade offers throughout the draft. It's not consistent, and some are better than others, but there's no shortage of opportunities. I'm glad that it's not totally out of whack with real life trade offers, but I doubt that we could so easily go from 5 to 13 picks like I did, and there were a ton of deals I turned down because I liked the players on the board.

Specifically on Skov and Smallwood, I prefer Smallwood. I actually like him, based on his game film, but his workouts haven't been very good and his stock is dropping. I wouldn't be surprised if he lasts til the fifth round. And while his tape might not jump off the page at you, I think he diagnoses and positions himself well, and I think he tackles well. Skov plays slower than Smallwood, IMO, and would be a liability in coverage and to the sidelines. I actually think Skov would be a better fit at Sam than on the inside, but I think his best fit in the pros is as a Sam backer for a 4-3 defense. If I had to choose between those two and Preston Brown in the fifth, I think it would go Smallwood > Brown > Skov.

Yeah, it's silly. McGill is consistently a third round pick when I do it. But usually goes in the top 20 of the third round...

This is probably how I would have done the previous draft.  I can only take this game so long, haha

Your score is: 4612 (GRADE: B+)

Round 3 Pick 26: Keith McGill, CB, Utah (A-)

Round 7 Pick 17: Alden Darby, SS, Arizona State (B)

Now we're talking. Still don't like Norwood at 6/27, but whatever.

Now we're talking. Still don't like Norwood at 6/27, but whatever.

Really?  I'm a fan of the guy...I mean, 6th round or lower.  I wish I could remember who else was there.  But once you get to the 6/27...its' like like 3/4 RBs/WRs/DTs, and the rest are guys that will be there with the 7/17.  But a guy that nets me a bad score that I really would take here is OLB Howard Jones.  I wouldnt' care if we had Van Noy.  I think this kid is going to be a sleeper pick.  Really like that kid.