Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis Injury Update

Bluefire4

Colts will win but they need him on the field. In the playoffs there's no planning for tomorrow.

If his groin is irritated or pulled(strained) he would be limited as to what he can do. I would rather have him sit and play anyone completely healthy. Why risk it, we will need him more when we head into Denver or Foxboro. Take away Charles and limit Bowe and we beat KC. Smith is doubtful to light us up, and if we need to we can slide a safety over top to help on that side. IMO

If his groin is irritated or pulled(strained) he would be limited as to what he can do. I would rather have him sit and play anyone completely healthy. Why risk it, we will need him more when we head into Denver or Foxboro. Take away Charles and limit Bowe and we beat KC. Smith is doubtful to light us up, and if we need to we can slide a safety over top to help on that side. IMO

All I'm saying is he can't sit just to play it safe, the coaches wouldn't let that fly anyway. If he's that injured where he's a liability, then yeah sit him.

All I'm saying is he can't sit just to play it safe, the coaches wouldn't let that fly anyway. If he's that injured where he's a liability, then yeah sit him.

I think we agree. I feel the same way as you, I don't want him to sit just to play it safe. But if he can't do his job, then sit him? Let him heal for the gunslingers we are going to face next. And we are going to play Manning or Brady next right?

I hope he is 100% groin injuries can linger.....MRI came back negative, I hope he heals up throughout the week.  He most likely will be covering Dwayne Bowe, Toler with a little more height might cover him as well.  Either way we need him!

Davis has had some groin issues on and off throughout the year. Hope he is good to go for the WC game.

that soon?

in other news Anderson Silva has been labeled day to day as well

That was brutal, watched that one. Sucky way to end his career. Weidman is Silva's nemesis and was absolutely destroying him in the first before Silva broke his leg. Weidman and Vitor should be a pretty brutal match.

We don't have a safety that can play coverage over the top.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I don't know if its a drop off or not, but short yardage goal line plays are often called to be run over The Pancaker and get stuffed frequently.  Can't say its his fault and you can't win them all, but the article indicates his run blocking is probably about #20 in the NFL if you just do the math between #4 PB and #11 overall.  If I read it correctly.
    • Honestly, it may be our biggest strength on the entire team after adding Latu. The only concern is how much we will blitz with Gus Bradley as the D-Coordinator. If we get pressure, we can duplicate last year again IMO. 
    • It is more like how the Seahawks defeated the Broncos. They went 7 or 8 deep on their DL. There were 1 or 2 household names but their 2013 collection as a unit of 7 or 8 was better than the Giants collection of 7 or 8 though the Giants' starting 4 were ALL household names.   The Giants primarily featured their front 4 but Spags augmented it with great safety and LB blitzing. Yes, there were rotational DL that contributed but the starting 4 still played heavy minutes unlike with the Seahawks.   The difference was the Seahawks DL got more help from the Legion of Boom than the Giants' DL got with a good but not great secondary like the Seahawks. To make up for that, Spags blitzed in a timely fashion with LBs Antonio Pierce, Kawika Mitchell that played great roles. Our secondary has to be at least good to very good, if not elite, for our D to play at a high level with the DL investments paying off.
    • Just watched Mike Florio on YouTube . He is saying the NFL is in court this week regarding their business practice of demanding top $ and only one choice ( all the early and afternoon sunday games). Hopefully they lose and have to offer other price plans and choices . For example..Colts only package. 
    • I can make excuses about injuries regarding any particular year until the Cow's don't moo and the Pig's don't oink, but nobody cares. I 100% believe that had Dwight Freeney been 100% and played in the 4th Qtr in SB 44, Colts beat the Saints. It goes on deaf ears and haters just want to bring up, Peyton threw an INT going for the tie late. Nobody cares that Drew Brees couldn't do anything in the 1st half when Freeney was in there, they just cared who won. It's not the Pacers problem that Giannis was out and when we played NY, Brunson played every game and NY was favored in Game 7.   @NFLUp, I really hope that you don't think Porzingis is better than Haliburton because if you do, I really question your knowledge and that would be one of the worst takes of all-time. Haliburton is our engine that makes the team go. 
  • Members

• Mr. Irrelevant

Mr. Irrelevant 959

• AwesomeAustin

AwesomeAustin 2,463

• NFLfan

NFLfan 17,526

Moderators
    • Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 3,677

• stitches

stitches 19,947