Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis Injury Update

Bluefire4

Colts will win but they need him on the field. In the playoffs there's no planning for tomorrow.

If his groin is irritated or pulled(strained) he would be limited as to what he can do. I would rather have him sit and play anyone completely healthy. Why risk it, we will need him more when we head into Denver or Foxboro. Take away Charles and limit Bowe and we beat KC. Smith is doubtful to light us up, and if we need to we can slide a safety over top to help on that side. IMO

If his groin is irritated or pulled(strained) he would be limited as to what he can do. I would rather have him sit and play anyone completely healthy. Why risk it, we will need him more when we head into Denver or Foxboro. Take away Charles and limit Bowe and we beat KC. Smith is doubtful to light us up, and if we need to we can slide a safety over top to help on that side. IMO

All I'm saying is he can't sit just to play it safe, the coaches wouldn't let that fly anyway. If he's that injured where he's a liability, then yeah sit him.

All I'm saying is he can't sit just to play it safe, the coaches wouldn't let that fly anyway. If he's that injured where he's a liability, then yeah sit him.

I think we agree. I feel the same way as you, I don't want him to sit just to play it safe. But if he can't do his job, then sit him? Let him heal for the gunslingers we are going to face next. And we are going to play Manning or Brady next right?

I hope he is 100% groin injuries can linger.....MRI came back negative, I hope he heals up throughout the week.  He most likely will be covering Dwayne Bowe, Toler with a little more height might cover him as well.  Either way we need him!

Davis has had some groin issues on and off throughout the year. Hope he is good to go for the WC game.

that soon?

in other news Anderson Silva has been labeled day to day as well

That was brutal, watched that one. Sucky way to end his career. Weidman is Silva's nemesis and was absolutely destroying him in the first before Silva broke his leg. Weidman and Vitor should be a pretty brutal match.

We don't have a safety that can play coverage over the top.