Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why is Trent Richardson playing?

trueblueblood

What is it with you and your habitual use of one emoticon?

:D indicates happiness or pleasure. 

Does your opinion that the Colts were fleeced by the Browns make you happy?

He does it because he knows everyone finds it annoying and his sole purpose here is to russell people's jimmies. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D 

What is it with you and your habitual use of one emoticon?

:D indicates happiness or pleasure. 

Does your opinion that the Colts were fleeced by the Browns make you happy?

Nah, nothing like that. It is a play on my real name and my online name here. Just blue and that is all. A mod asked me not to use :36dancing: which I like better because the shades sort of match my picture. I am happy even with I point out something negative or positive.

Nah, nothing like that. It is a play on my real name and my online name here. Just blue and that is all. A mod asked me not to use :36dancing: which I like better because the shades sort of match my picture. I am happy even with I point out something negative or positive.

Ok, but don't be surprised when others find your overuse of one emoticon to be annoying and obnoxious.

May I suggest that you put your favorite emoticon in your signature . . . that way it would be there to indicate how happy you are whether you are posting something negative or positive without grating on the nerves of others.

I'm ambivalent on Trent right now, but I like his toughness. I'll hang on and hope. BUT yet again poor Donald gets lambasted for breaking out big gains. Such a shame good work is ridiculed so often on here by a few haters. And the fragile / injury nonsense. He's played in 65 games, missing 14. 82% play-time. With our line, that's tough. And not one lost fumble in 539 carries. I really do hope they resign him.

oh__stop_it__you__by_rober_raik-d4cwd9f.

Love it when people are like this. If you can't give legitimate reasons and examples why he sucks or what he's doing wrong when he runs then there's no reason to take you or your position on Richardson seriously. 

richardson the last 3 weeks:

@ chiefs: 16 carries for 43 yards

vs texans: 19 carries for 64 yards ( a season high! wow!)

@ bengals: 6 carries for 20 yards

you're totally right, he's been lighting it up out there. how stupid of me! and don't give me the o-line nonsense. just don't. 

Posted · Hidden by Superman, December 24, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Superman, December 24, 2013 - No reason given

He does it because he knows everyone finds it annoying and his sole purpose here is to russell people's jimmies. 

That isn't true. I thought that icon was pretty non controversial. I don't try to irritate anyone, not even you.  :D

you're totally right, he's been lighting it up out there. how stupid of me! and don't give me the o-line nonsense. just don't. 

Congrats you can copy and past statistics. Go back and watch the games and maybe you'll realize it's not all on him. If you're hell bent on just thinking it's him you can go ahead and still be wrong. It just provides a nice laugh for the rest of us. Does he sometimes choose the wrong hole? Yes. He's of over thinking about it at times as well, but it's not all solely on him. You'd be amazed if you went back and watched the game how many times he and brown just aren't give much if anything to work with. 

Congrats you can copy and past statistics. Go back and watch the games and maybe you'll realize it's not all on him. If you're hell bent on just thinking it's him you can go ahead and still be wrong. It just provides a nice laugh for the rest of us. Does he sometimes choose the wrong hole? Yes. He's of over thinking about it at times as well, but it's not all solely on him. You'd be amazed if you went back and watched the game how many times he and brown just aren't give much if anything to work with.

Ok, ok he's sucking RIGHT NOW. Is that fair to say? My whole argument is that brown should be getting more carries

You are one sassy poster.

Care to compare the last two games?

T-rich

35 rushes 107 yards, 3.0 YPC 0 TD's

Waiver wire scrub Edwin Baker

25 Rushes 102 yards, 4.1 YPC, 2 TD's

But yeah,"boom, roasted". LOL no

Willis Mcgahee hasn't started a game in a month and hasn't even played in the past two. So yeah, waiver scrubs out performing Richardson. Third leading Rusher on your team as well no doubt. 

Not sure why you quoted me but okay,  Instead of leaving it at we've seent he last of you, I almost posted that we have seen the last of BgP or he will cherry pick some stats to prove his point. 

Oh well. Good luck to the Cleveland Browns.  I hope in 2014 they end up with a winning record for the 3rd time since they came back into the NFL in 1999. 

How many yards did he leave on the field in those games?  How many yards did he have after 1st hit?  How many receptions did he have?  How many first downs?

Don't get me wrong, I am not a Richardson apologist or anything, I stated shortly after the trade that it would be until next year before Richardson will be comfortable and effective in this offense, but to get a true feel for how a RB is doing you have to look at lot more things than just yards and carries.

Dont be so hard on Rich from what I can see he is doing a good job. He is not missing his assignments.. How long has D.Brown been in our system so he should know he should get thr. I am just not ready to throw Trent away he works hard and Luck says he does as well.

No, he's not missing assignments, implying that he knows the playbook. The system was installed by Pep this year so Donald Brown and T-Rich have the same familiarity with the offense by now. No one's questioning his ability to pass protect or catch the ball. It's his ability to run, which is all about reading, reacting, and instincts. That's where he's lacking.

No, he's not missing assignments, implying that he knows the playbook. The system was installed by Pep this year so Donald Brown and T-Rich have the same familiarity with the offense by now. No one's questioning his ability to pass protect or catch the ball. It's his ability to run, which is all about reading, reacting, and instincts. That's where he's lacking.

I, like a lot of people on Trent, think that at the beginning of next season he's going to start producing.

I, like a lot of people on Trent, think that at the beginning of next season he's going to start producing.

I hope that's the case. By the way, I personally like the way Trent's been running the last few games. He hasn't gained a lot of yards, but he's ran with so much determination.

I've read on so many occasions that all Trent needs is an off season and then he'll be better. I've stated before that that's exactly what the Browns were hoping for. His first year, he averaged 3.6 YPC. After the offseason, in his first two games he averages a worse 3.4 YPC. That's what led to the trade. So, in my opinion, an off season is to get a good grasp of the play book. That's not Trent's problem. His ability to read, react, and trust his instincts is where he needs to improve. I'm not sure that's an offseason issue.

Where we can benefit is by improving the O-Line in the offseason, which will have a positive impact on Trent's game.

How many yards did he leave on the field in those games?  How many yards did he have after 1st hit?  How many receptions did he have?  How many first downs?

Don't get me wrong, I am not a Richardson apologist or anything, I stated shortly after the trade that it would be until next year before Richardson will be comfortable and effective in this offense, but to get a true feel for how a RB is doing you have to look at lot more things than just yards and carries.

Ladanian Tomlinson did a fine breakdown prior to our Thursday night game...but fairly brief of Richardsons on field problems carrying the ball along with showing footage of games to illustrate, He also said some of thats on the O Line as well, Sometimes when he does get positive yards he will turn what should be 7-8+ yard gains into 3-4 yard gains, Example: 1st carry of the game vs KC the play was designed to go left but Nixon got blown off the ball into the backfield, Richardson got the handoff, instead of pressing the line and surveying where there was an actual hole to go go through he went around Nixon who was knoced 4 yards into the backfield while Satele and Mcglynn had Bailey pretty well neutralized, Franks Zombo ran up field a couple yards enough to leave a wide hole between Cherilus and Mcglynn, Now Berry came up in that gap but not quick enough to bring down Richardson, I think Richardson should be able to get passed Berry anyway although he is a pretty good Safety, result of play 1 yard run

I hope that's the case. By the way, I personally like the way Trent's been running the last few games. He hasn't gained a lot of yards, but he's ran with so much determination.

I've read on so many occasions that all Trent needs is an off season and then he'll be better. I've stated before that that's exactly what the Browns were hoping for. His first year, he averaged 3.6 YPC. After the offseason, in his first two games he averages a worse 3.4 YPC. That's what led to the trade. So, in my opinion, an off season is to get a good grasp of the play book. That's not Trent's problem. His ability to read, react, and trust his instincts is where he needs to improve. I'm not sure that's an offseason issue.

Where we can benefit is by improving the O-Line in the offseason, which will have a positive impact on Trent's game.

I agree. Once we improve our O-Line, Trent will be hitting those holes more.

That's not true at all.  That is what OTAs and TC and preseason are for.  During the season the time is spent learning/practicing the game plan, not learning the lineman and how they block, where to anticipate the hole opening, etc.  Also Brown has always been the type of runner that would do better behind a man blocking scheme, TRich came from a zone blocking team, those require two different types of running styles.

That's not true at all.  That is what OTAs and TC and preseason are for.  During the season the time is spent learning/practicing the game plan, not learning the lineman and how they block, where to anticipate the hole opening, etc.  Also Brown has always been the type of runner that would do better behind a man blocking scheme, TRich came from a zone blocking team, those require two different types of running styles.

I still think the majority of the Colts O Linemen are made for Gap Blocking and Zone, They certainly are not for Man/Power

Guest NDColts!!

Idc what people say, he sucks. If brown can run all over the same defense behind the same oline, there's a problem. Brown needs to be getting all the carries.

You are right in that Brown is running better on his running style fast to the hole, some would call scat back. This type of runner works better when O-line is being over powered. the holes created close fast but break thru the front line cracks and you can go and Browns speed makes him elusive, Now Trent is a power runner he likes to run thru the crack and bust out then says bring me down. The Colts line has tried to make adjustments but seems they are finding it real hard to find the sweet spot on a consistent basis  but they have not stayed healthy enough to gel the unity. Work in progress as a Colt fan I still feel like overall this team is closer then last years and last year we lost to Ravens who won it all so lets believe and be real and watch them close as they are young and wan't to win. In just two yrs. The Colts are real close. GO COLTS show your fans your game is real. AFC South Champs!!!

That's not true at all. That is what OTAs and TC and preseason are for. During the season the time is spent learning/practicing the game plan, not learning the lineman and how they block, where to anticipate the hole opening, etc. Also Brown has always been the type of runner that would do better behind a man blocking scheme, TRich came from a zone blocking team, those require two different types of running styles.

Please know that my response is intended as discussion and not merely to be argumentative. We've had too much of that on the forum lately.

I would reply to your post by stating that Donald and T-Rich do have the same familiarity with the play book. T-Rich hasn't missed too many assignments as a sign of this and he had joined the Colts as of week 3. He's had plenty of time to get familiar.

To suggest that Brown had an off season with the Colts while T-Rich didn't and thus the reason for T-Rich's lack of running success might not be true. First of all, we've had 7 different line arrangements throughout the season. There's no way that DB would've known that Thomas was going to be injured and that he would've ran behind Link and Thornton, Satele and McGlynn at center, and Nixon, who wasn't even on the team.

Any practice in the offseason would've been to get familiar with the new offensive scheme. Brown has shown that despite all of the shuffling going on with the O-line, he's been able to produce. I wish that was the case with Richardson.

Please know that my response is intended as discussion and not merely to be argumentative. We've had too much of that on the forum lately.

I would reply to your post by stating that Donald and T-Rich do have the same familiarity with the play book. T-Rich hasn't missed too many assignments as a sign of this and he had joined the Colts as of week 3. He's had plenty of time to get familiar.

To suggest that Brown had an off season with the Colts while T-Rich didn't and thus the reason for T-Rich's lack of running success might not be true. First of all, we've had 7 different line arrangements throughout the season. There's no way that DB would've known that Thomas was going to be injured and that he would've ran behind Link and Thornton, Satele and McGlynn at center, and Nixon, who wasn't even on the team.

Any practice in the offseason would've been to get familiar with the new offensive scheme. Brown has shown that despite all of the shuffling going on with the O-line, he's been able to produce. I wish that was the case with Richardson.

I wasn't doing it to be argumentative either.  In training camp is when they do the drills to ingrain the techniques the coaches want to use during the season.  They may run in a drill 1000+ times during the offseason, during the season the only time they get a chance to work on that is during the bye week.  People think it's easy to just run differently but it's not.  

The lineman issue I agree with and I don't think NOT going through training camp is Trich's only issue.  But to expect production much above what he has been doing this year is a bit unrealistic, IMO.

Am I seeing something different? Everything you guys blame on Trent should be thrown on Pep.He is the one that is calling the plays. Maybe he never liked this Trent trade. Maybe, he just doesn't like him. But, come on Pep!! I mean, we all see a play call for Trent, and nothing will give. All of the sudden, you bring in Donald, and you get a +15 yards. The line just seems to open up. It's not the line, it is Pep. This team needs to start letting Luck start changing the plays at the line. YEAH LUCK!!!!,  If you have a run play with Trent called in, and then you see 8-9 guys in the box., maybe you should change the play!!! You guys are always setting yourselves up for failure. Blame Pep for all of this. He is the one making the calls. 

Also, just one thing I would like to add. PLEASE!!, work on your fakes on handing it off to the RB. Peyton would do this and completely fake out the defense. I've have never seen such a fake that Peyton couldn't do.  

I am currently re-watching the KC/Colts game as I was visiting with family during the game and couldn't really watch it.  At the end of the first quarter, Richardson is a COMPLETE embarrassment.  I can't imagine he's going to end the season with even a 2 ypc average.

He and Donald run behind the same line, and even when Donald sucked, he got more than 2 yards per carry.  I certain hope Trent improves in the offseason, because there is no question he sucks at the moment.

Merry Christmas everyone!  I hope Santa brings us all what we really want for Christmas....A Colts Superbowl win.

No question there are problems with the offensive line, but it's certainly a bit puzzling at times.

T Rich has a similar skill set, speed and running style as Ricky Williams but it seems like

he has absolutely no VISION.  At times it almost feels like he's back there running with a mask

over his eyes.  There are open holes on some plays, but he always seems to run to the area where

there are defenders standing there waiting on him.  I think he needs to improve his vision, hopefully this

will improve when he's not thinking anymore.  On the other hand I love what Donald Brown has been doing

lately, but we do have to remember how long it has taken DB to get his stuff together as well and he is also 

a former first round draft pick.