Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Done defending Peyton

Shane Bond

What on earth are you talking about?

BLOODontheTRACKS changes his picture every week based on this weeks opponent.

PATS16NO was unaware of that, didn't notice the bull was a trophy, so he blasted him as if he were a Texan's fan.

It was pretty funny. Been going on for a couple days.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His arm was fine. I encourage you to study what coverages are and how it plays into what an offenses game plan is. Biggest problem for Denver was they had absolutely no run game that allowed for San Diego to sit back in pass coverage all night.

I know what coverage is, thanks. He was 2 for 9 on third down. That is where the game was lost largely. Too many three and outs and the SD offense chewed clock.

And Denver is not a running team. Save for the Pats game when they ran because they were up big, they have been an air attack. Manning is not at 47 TDs for nothing.

PATS16NO was unaware of that, didn't notice the bull was a trophy, so he blasted him as if he were a Texan's fan.

haha I love it.

Oh I know. I was just hoping our newest Pats fan would go on a rant to me, and explain how the Pats are better than the Texans, even though BOTT is a Colts fan lol.

Sorry, I guess I messed that up. Would have been a load of fun...

Yeah, my fault also.

Oh I know. I was just hoping our newest Pats fan would go on a rant to me, and explain how the Pats are better than the Texans, even though BOTT is a Colts fan lol.

O.K., let's keep this between the 3 of us then.

Maybe they won't notice.    :peek:

do they really...NE has been far behind in each of the last 2 games before rallying to win

..and they're short Gronk, Vince W....and they need those rookie WRs to play well the last 3 weeks.

Lets wait until the NE-Miami game ends

Those thing may be true but guess what..... They still find a way to win games. That's what matters. It may not be pretty or Ideal but they are winning. I honestly wouldn't be supprised to see them make a run in the playoffs, especially with Brady they always have a chance to win.

I know what coverage is, thanks. He was 2 for 9 on third down. That is where the game was lost largely. Too many three and outs and the SD offense chewed clock.

And Denver is not a running team. Save for the Pats game when they ran because they were up big, they have been an air attack. Manning is not at 47 TDs for nothing.

Again I don't think you do. The Broncos are not a rushing team but you won't win many games rushing for about 20 yards. You ideally want somewhere between 80-120 yards so that play action (which is what the Broncos use a lot) is useful. Since it was not, Denver was forced to throw predictably each time.

Again I don't think you do. The Broncos are not a rushing team but you won't win many games rushing for about 20 yards. You ideally want somewhere between 80-120 yards so that play action (which is what the Broncos use a lot) is useful. Since it was not, Denver was forced to throw predictably each time.

I am not knocking the game plan. The Chargers outplayed them and made them one dimensional.

Without a strong running game and strong defense no team gets far in the post season especially when they have to play outdoors in bad weather and the Super Bowl is outdoors this year in New Jersey in February.

I think the 49ers right now might be the most complete team in the NFL and most balanced.  They have an offense that can score and a good defense.  The Seahawks are more a defensive team and one dimensional that their half roof design over their stadium that increases db gives them a great home field advantage.  The Seahawks are partly where they are due to their stadium design and fans.

At the beginning of the season I predicted the 49ers/Broncos super bowl.  I'm sticking to it.

I just cant stand that INT. He had time to decide to throw away or take a sack.

Precisely, Manning always seems to do that the worst possible time. It drives me insane! I don't care if 18 got hit, you throw the darn ball away. I agree 100% Same scenario always happens in December. A costly turnover which stops Denver dead in it's tracks...A bitter, self inflicted demise...

How about offsides on a 4th down punt?  When the other team is punting out of their own endzone guaranteeing you great field position, no less? Can't forget that one.

Yeah, another Denver mental lapse again...They just seem to proliferate vs decrease don't they? Excuse while I go into another room & scream... :censored2:  :hissy:  :flaming:

Precisely, Manning always seems to do that the worst possible time. It drives me insane! I don't care if 18 got hit, you throw the darn ball away. I agree 100% Same scenario always happens in December. A costly turnover which stops Denver dead in it's tracks...A bitter, self inflicted demise...

Yeah, another Denver mental lapse again...They just seem to proliferate vs decrease don't they? Excuse while I go into another room & scream... :censored2:  :hissy:  :flaming:

Every QB makes mistakes and throws INT's.  The INT the other night Peyton threw against the Chargers could partially be blamed on the Broncos' offensive line not protecting Peyton as his arm was hit and the Chargers' linebacker caught it.

Also, one of the Chargers' coaches use to be the coach in Denver or Indy when Peyton was there so he knows Peyton and can game plan against him.

What part of do you not understand that he was trying to throw the ball away and his arm was hit  :dunno: You just keep harping on how Manning always throwing picks in the worst possible time it's a shame he's not perfect like you. :popcorn:  You just keep posting the same thing over and over again. :sigh:   post something new next time. :)

He'll come up short again (i honestly think agains't us) in the playoffs. I see C.V. taking a pick 6 to the house wrapping up the game and then we head to NE. I love P-MONEY, but what irsay said was true. The starwars stats are cute and adorable, but its about WINNING when it counts. He'll get bounced by us.

What part of do you not understand that he was trying to throw the ball away and his arm was hit  :dunno: You just keep harping on how Manning always throwing picks in the worst possible time it's a shame he's not perfect like you. :popcorn:  You just keep posting the same thing over and over again. :sigh:   post something new next time. :)

I am not sure if I following your first sentence, as there may be a word missing or words transposed which I do myself many times . . .

As you saying you think manning was trying to throw the ball away when he was hit?  Because I don't think that he was . . .

He'll come up short again (i honestly think agains't us) in the playoffs. I see C.V. taking a pick 6 to the house wrapping up the game and then we head to NE. I love P-MONEY, but what irsay said was true. The starwars stats are cute and adorable, but its about WINNING when it counts. He'll get bounced by us.

What makes you think the Colts will even get as far as to play the Bronco's  :???:   They will have to win their first game before even thinking about the Bronco's and Reggie won't be available this time and Irsay's emotional shenanigan won't work any more. haha  You have the cart before the horse so to speak.  You might want to slow down a bit. :)

I am not sure if I following your first sentence, as there may be a word missing or words transposed which I do myself many times . . .

As you saying you think manning was trying to throw the ball away when he was hit?  Because I don't think that he was . . .

Your probably correct but I am so tired of seeing from some and they know who they are that start out with I love Peyton  BUT and then they call out all his bad plays. He is not perfect but neither is Brees or Brady for that matter but I don't see all the call outs on those players.  If anyone could have been called it should have been the Saints & Seahawks  game at how badly Brees played in that game but not a word was said or the game against the Bengals where Brady didn't even throw a TD or the 2  SB's  that the Pats lost to the Giants. No one is perfect but Peyton is supposed to carry teams on his back and be perfect every time. It's getting really old to say the least.     :rantoff: 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 14, 2013 - personal shot/argument
Hidden by Nadine, December 14, 2013 - personal shot/argument

You really have to take a shot at me, dont you

I'll take it...

hahhaha... wahhh wahhhhh .... every post in this thread, how old are you? that's all I want to know?  you are adorable..  hahahah is it all really that serious? you a sore loser in life? things don't go your way and its poor you huh? hahahahaha go put you're big boy pants on you whiny cry baby.. Wahh wahhh my poor broncos, wahhhh...

8=====>~~~~~~~~~ O-: 

No more confusing you as a Colts fan. I can see you are a Denver Fan.

If I wasn't a Colts Fan why was I working at training camp for a few years now :???:  but I will always root for Peyton until he retires no questions needed. So you don't really know me at all just think you do. haha

No more confusing you as a Colts fan. I can see you are a Denver Fan.

It is never a good thing to question another's fandom.    It happens all the time, and it's never fun to be on the receiving end of that accusation.

I, myself,  have been on the receiving end quite a few times ~ which is why  I  made it perfectly clear from the beginning that I always have been and always will be a fan of Peyton, first.  That doesn't mean I am not also a Fan of the Colts.     I don't understand why this bothers some people.  I'm perfectly fine with who I am and who I cheer for, and I don't judge others for their choices.   :dunno:

Why was he holding it so long?.

Its ok to critique him. He is not a God.

All the games he needed to perform - he didn't.

Colts - Homecoming game, same exact fumble and INT - Game Lost

Pats - Manning Vs Brady rivalry - INT turnover - Game Lost

Chargers - 4th Quarter , 5 minutes to go, 7 needed - INT - Game Lost

All these are acceptable, if we consider him a good QB. But our expectation and assessment about Peyton is about GOAT.

GOAT dont make these mistakes in these games.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 14, 2013 - personal shot/argument
Hidden by Nadine, December 14, 2013 - personal shot/argument

I'll take it...

hahhaha... wahhh wahhhhh .... every post in this thread, how old are you? that's all I want to know?  you are adorable..  hahahah is it all really that serious? you a sore loser in life? things don't go your way and its poor you huh? hahahahaha go put you're big boy pants on you whiny cry baby.. Wahh wahhh my poor broncos, wahhhh...

8=====>~~~~~~~~~ O-: 

Did you read forum rules before posting?.

Why was he holding it so long?.

Its ok to critique him. He is not a God.

All the games he needed to perform - he didn't.

Colts - Homecoming game, same exact fumble and INT - Game Lost

Pats - Manning Vs Brady rivalry - INT turnover - Game Lost

Chargers - 4th Quarter , 5 minutes to go, 7 needed - INT - Game Lost

All these are acceptable, if we consider him a good QB. But our expectation and assessment about Peyton is about GOAT.

GOAT dont make these mistakes in these games.

By the way this wasn't quoting you so I'm not sure why you decided to get your :2c: in. 

Peyton is 100% talent and 0% intangible.

If he didn't shrink when the games got big, he would be, hands down, the greatest of all time. However, since playing QB isn't purely about the skill set that Peyton has, he simply isn't.

Unfortunately, there's some undefinable characteristic that he completely lacks that guys like Brady and Montana (and even sometimes Eli) have.

There's a reason fans clear out of Mile High when the Broncos are down by a few scores to beat the traffic, just like there's a reason that Gillette stadium stayed packed when the Patriots were down by 24 points at the half against the media-proclaimed "best in the AFC."

The Peyton INT on what needs to be a game winning drive is at this point just predictable.

Go look at the Patriots thread for Denver v San Diego. There was a chorus of "ok, time for Peyton to clam up and throw the Manning interception."

Guest TeamLoloJones

Peyton is 100% talent and 0% intangible.

If he didn't shrink when the games got big, he would be, hands down, the greatest of all time. However, since playing QB isn't purely about the skill set that Peyton has, he simply isn't.

Unfortunately, there's some undefinable characteristic that he completely lacks that guys like Brady and Montana (and even sometimes Eli) have.

There's a reason fans clear out of Mile High when the Broncos are down by a few scores to beat the traffic, just like there's a reason that Gillette stadium stayed packed when the Patriots were down by 24 points at the half against the media-proclaimed "best in the AFC."

The Peyton INT on what needs to be a game winning drive is at this point just predictable.

Go look at the Patriots thread for Denver v San Diego. There was a chorus of "ok, time for Peyton to clam up and throw the Manning interception."

How about that AFC title game a few years back?  I can't remember what happened...did Peyton have the greatest playoff comeback in conference title game history, or did Brady choke away an 18-point lead in the AFC title game?

How about that AFC title game a few years back?  I can't remember what happened...did Peyton have the greatest playoff comeback in conference title game history, or did Brady choke away an 18-point lead in the AFC title game?

What? Brady has won 12 Super Bowls in a row