Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Done defending Peyton

Shane Bond

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think 'am' is jealous as she watches Peyton get better with age as her idol declines.

Golden Boy has went 7-7 since he won his last Super Bowl ring. One would have to say he's mediocre now, and not even as good as Ben, Eli and Joe.

care to analyze how Gramz is feeling these days...???  ;)

Hope you had a Wonderful Holiday, my friend.

amfootball, on 15 Dec 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:snapback.png

Last year he had a top 5 D and top 5 run game and one of the best FG kickers in Prater.  

The Broncos defense was ranked 24th in points allowed with Tebow and ranked last year with Manning at 4.

The run game was more by committee last year with Moreno, McGahee and Hillman. The team rushed for more than 1,800 yards which was top 5 in the league.

In terms of the playoff game, while Moreno got hurt and the defense was torched by Flacco by the deep ball, Holliday also gave the Broncos 14 points so that pretty much cancels out each other. If Manning does not turn over the ball or just turns it over less then the Broncos win in a blow out.

1. was wrong regarding defensive rank with Tebow, i used someones else comment once read, but looked up now and u r right there

Denver d last year much better than this year esp  in coverage with a pro bowl champo bailey and good safety help, but both failed miserable in playoff lasat year and did so repeatedly on same basic play for all the TDs Flacco threw, thats uncalled for, also both Doom & Von Millerr, but somewhaat soft in the middle

Coaching was horrible ., no in game situational awareness

Mcaghee was out already  before the playoffs leaving only Moreno & Hillman, Hillman the youngest NFL player i think , well the baby was completely indecisive all year on when to hit the hole so was worthless so as i said 

Moreno went down in Ravens game  thus ended the run game and pass protection  

As Far as Prater being as u said a top kicker last year , he was this year and the year before last year , thats why got a franchise tag annd later an exytension but was bad last year anyway and doesnt alter the fact that , he missed many not like this year and doesant change that he missed in regulation Vs Ravens, those 3 points that  would of goiven Broncos the win ,  

as far as blame

save for Holiday there is blame all the way around, 

as noted above the Defensiveness lapses to same thing overr & over, coaching and not saying Peyon iss blameless but entire game wasnt bad

coaching , was there any 

1st IT was blatant PI that instead became a pick 6 Stokely or Decker over the  middle was hit and  head snapped back before he got the ball , keepo remembering post game repeats of it

2nd IT was a bad thrown across body as running towrds and near sidelines on a play Peyton had made during the season to stokly for a TD , if got it there he had lots of room to run, also all other recivers saw peyton heading to sidelines, and didnt even attempt top get free, just basicaally stopped, stokel;y fought his way free

Blame all around and Peyton doesnt get most of it for sure

Crap, just got a call , have to go 

Golden Boy has went 7-7 since he won his last Super Bowl ring. One would have to say he's mediocre now, and not even as good as Ben, Eli and Joe.

7-7 is indeed quite average. But it could be much worse, you know? Like 2-7 or something grisly like that. (Offhand what's 18's record since the Indy SB? Oh, really? Huh, odd coincidence to pick those numbers!  ;) )

OK, your turn sir.  :thmup:

Susie, are you Peyton's godmother or something? SW is a huge Peyton fan, and is only stating facts, and you get all bent out of shape as if he's insulting your first born. The guy screws up FREQUENTLY in big pressure situations.

Thanks VL. I'm not saying what I am saying just to be cruel, vicious, or sadistic. I take no pleasure from pointing out 18's swift post season exits. Peyton just needs to leap over a few Playoff hurdles 1st. Greatness is not handed down like a bloodline or the Divine Right Of Kings. It must be displayed, demonstrated, & earned season after season & while it is true that no QB is solely responsible for a defeat every field general can do things that prevent a loss too. 

I cannot exonerate Manning of Playoff miscues anymore. Elite QB play is seen, felt, & heard...Legacies are built in the post season: Either you finish the job you are expected to or you don't. Simple as that. 

Thanks VL. I'm not saying what I am saying just to be cruel, vicious, or sadistic. I take no pleasure from pointing out 18's swift post season exits. Peyton just needs to leap over a few Playoff hurdles 1st. Greatness is not handed down like a bloodline or the Divine Right Of Kings. It must be displayed, demonstrated, & earned season after season & while it is true that no QB is solely responsible for a defeat every field general can do things that prevent a loss too. 

I cannot exonerate Manning of Playoff miscues anymore. Elite QB play is seen, felt, & heard...Legacies are built in the post season: Either you finish the job you are expected to or you don't. Simple as that. 

I just don't understand.  You sound like you want Peyton to do well and leap over playoff hurdles.

Yet, before the season even started; you said that you hoped the SB came down to the Patriots vs. the Saints.

The two do not compute for me. 

Perhaps, I am just a lost cause.  :sigh:

I just don't understand.  You sound like you want Peyton to do well and leap over playoff hurdles.

Yet, before the season even started; you said that you hoped the SB came down to the Patriots vs. the Saints.

The two do not compute for me. 

Perhaps, I am just a lost cause.  :sigh:

I think (just a guess) SW believes Pats/Saints would be a great SB match up but he is still rooting for Peyton to do well. For me, I personally would love to see a Niners/Chargers SB (1994 rematch) but obv want the Pats to win it. 

7-7 is indeed quite average. But it could be much worse, you know? Like 2-7 or something grisly like that. (Offhand what's 18's record since the Indy SB? Oh, really? Huh, odd coincidence to pick those numbers!  ;) )

OK, your turn sir.  :thmup:

Luck has went 0-1, so not a great start, but coming into a 2-14 team, he didn't have the luxury of what Brady walked into. Give me a few more years.

PS - I'm not a Manning fan-boy, but you know that. But I also think he is as good as Brady, but don't try to compare them, as it is impossible as it is futile..

have you not seen the stats that show manning is one of the top playoff qb's? Cant help if the team messes things up.