Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Done defending Peyton

Shane Bond

He did it in his college career too.

He is who we thought he was.

If you want a stat-compiler who will embarrass NFL bottom feeders in September and October and get all sorts of love from the media, Peyton Manning is your man.

If you want championships, please look elsewhere.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shane...... 27 of 41, 289.. 2TDs..one interception..after they were down

....and he was on the sidelines most of the game...as SD ran the ball

The loss goes on his record but he doesn't play defense

How about offsides on a 4th down punt?  When the other team is punting out of their own endzone guaranteeing you great field position, no less? Can't forget that one.

& as u say  the above equated to 

7 minutes of Bronco sitting on sidelines    as Chargers punting at own endzone and defense offsides = 1st down and 7 minute + charger  drive

instead of great  Bronco field position that could of flipped game,

earlier Peyton started near his endzone way to often

& 7 minutes of wasted time as Chargers punting at own endzone and defense offsides = 1st down and 7 minute + chaarger  drive instead of great  Bronco field position that could of flipped game, earlier Peyton started near his endzone way to often

Sounds like the playoffs game there in 2008. 

Or commit boneheaded penalties. (Plentiful, and could have had one more for unsportsmanlike conduct but the zebra gave them a pass)

Or coach the players not to do the above.

Or catch. (Average tonight)

Or run. (Poor tonight)

Or block. (Average tonight)

Or return punts. (Terrible tonight)

He does, however, pass and he looked average doing so.

Bonus: Worst onside kick attempt I've ever seen. Though that was far from a major reason they lost, just icing on the cake.

didnt even go the   needed 10 yards, compare that to way Pats did it and shows which coach has team better prepared for all contingencies

run d quite bad ever since lost big vick plus wolfe, hopefully get welker back

thats it from me , on to next game,

Shane...... 27 of 41, 289.. 2TDs..one interception..after they were down

....and he was on the sidelines most of the game...as SD ran the ball

The loss goes on his record but he doesn't play defense

They only scored 20 points.  3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out.  Everybody brags on Manning being a football genius, and how he doesn't need coaching.  If he is truly the de-facto Offensive Coordinator, he did not "adjust" properly.  SD played good defense, the Broncos couldn't adjust.  As is said so often, the NFL is a copycat league.  Look for other teams to emulate SD's game plan.

He did it in his college career too.

He is who we thought he was.

If you want a stat-compiler who will embarrass NFL bottom feeders in September and October and get all sorts of love from the media, Peyton Manning is your man.

If you want championships, please look elsewhere.

Are you calling Peyton Manning The Greatest of Garbage Time?

Few thoughts on the game:

First all of hard to believe that with all the records this Denver offense will set, the team itself sits behind NE in the standings today and its O lost every single offensive skill guy this year and now, of course, Gronk the rest of the way. That fact is mind blowing. At season's start I was hopeful for the Pats to win 10 total games and take the East and then roll the dice in the post-season. To be in position to be the top seed in the AFC is one of best accomplishments of Brady/Belichick right along with winning the 3 SBs in 4 years. This may propel Bill to coach of the year if NE hangs on to the 1 seed.

In terms of the game:

Short week killed the Broncos. They were complaining about it before the game and it showed. They were not mentally prepared for the beat down that SD had planned.

I have been saying all season how bad the Denver D is and it showed up in spades last night. Not sure how you fix so many problems over two weeks. SD ran rough shod over them. Stat of the game is Rivers only completing 12 passes out of 20. He didn't need to do more than that.

Denver's O was shut out for two quarters. Not sure if that has happened at all this year. Not surprising as high flying passing attacks always get grounded late in the season.

I do think Denver missed Welker. His health going forward is something to watch.

Decker, Thomas, Jones came up small again in a big game.

Manning is what he is in a big game. You just kind of know at this point that he won't make the plays to win that type of game and have a brutal pick along the way. Many on the Pats boards had predicted exactly what happened in the final minutes.

P.S. Rivers deserves some serious kudos this season. I, for one, thought he may have been done after his last two seasons. But he is having some kind of season this year.

Did Andre Caldwell drop a crucial pass?

I can't believe your on here starting this thread and then said you didn't see the second half. With some of the replies you have posted I'm not even sure you saw the first half.  :scratch:   My suggestion would be If you want to talk trash at least watch the game and know what your talking about.   :popcorn:

Look guys, I think Peyton is an unbelievable quarterback. But after they blew that 24-0 lead to the Patriots in the cold, there is just no covering it up. It's hard to defend, then you lose to the Chargers in the cold at home with the one seed throughout the playoffs at stake ? Not to mention the loss to the Ravens last year, etc. There has to be something to it.

Look guys, I think Peyton is an unbelievable quarterback. But after they blew that 24-0 lead to the Patriots in the cold, there is just no covering it up. It's hard to defend, then you lose to the Chargers in the cold at home with the one seed throughout the playoffs at stake ? Not to mention the loss to the Ravens last year, etc. There has to be something to it.

Certainly couldn't be the Defense,  or lack there of...???   :scratch:   :???:

Certainly couldn't be the Defense, or lack there of...??? :scratch: :???:

Denver's defense is bad, but didn't they give the Broncos a two touchdown cushion with defensive plays against the Patriots ? If you are the GOAT , you have to put that game away with a 24-0 lead ! Bad and untimely interceptions in the NE, Baltimore, and SD games, with everything on the line ? I'm not betting against Peyton because I really respect him, but he had given his critics a lot of raw meat to chew on.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 13, 2013 - trolling
Hidden by Nadine, December 13, 2013 - trolling

Peyton isn't winning as SB in the cold. He can not like that narrative, but it's true. He can't push the ball down the field and everyone notices it. Oh well, I'm not a Broncos fan. 

Bubble Boy is a dinker and dunker for the most part. He's a great stat guy and regular season QB but not a big game winner. The proof is indisputable. 

I'm still curious on why this loss falls completely on Peyton. The entire Broncos TEAM looked completely unprepared and lost last night. It's also pretty hard to win when you're beaten 2:1 on time of possession and your defense and special teams (two other critical components of a TEAM) play terribly and undisciplined.

Miami - Probably squeak by through some mind numbing, head scratching penalty, bounce, and/or lucky break.

Ravens - ???

Buffalo - Let's be serious. A herd of actual Buffalo plays football better than them.

not only that you can't roller skate in a Buffalo herd either, just ask Roger Miller . . .  a few of the old timers might remember him . . .I love this guy . . . he had the best goofy songs . . . Most folks will know him for King of the Road . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skFWsc_-i14

You don't come here, as a fan of another team, and carry on through post after post, just to put down someone.

That's dedication right there. Sorry Gramz lol.

Well,  let's just say  I have my moments..

I try not to gloat when he does great,  but I will defend him to the moon and back when people make asinine comments.

Who cares at this point? They can lose the final three games for all I care. They made the playoffs, and they was the first goal. Hell I'd be all for Peyton and the offense tanking if it meant the defense learned how to play.

They need to figure out how to stop the run without Knighton. Big loss, but Denver needs to adjust.

You don't come here, as a fan of another team, and carry on through post after post, just to put down someone.

The best always bring in the most haters. ;)

But its a discussion  of NE SD and Denver..

....and Jim Caldwell takes another arrow....even though he has no connection to the 3 and is a defending super Bowl champ.

Its just funny

Well, it is now, but it started as one man's dismay over the performance of his hero, as if he knew what went through the hero's head, and regarded him as something more than human.

But, hey, if people had no such feelings, what would we talk about?

Had to think a little about what you were saying.   I get it now, and You are correct.

I do not, as a fan of another team, go to the Pats Board after they lose to point out Brady's flaws (like when the Bengals kept him from even one TD).   In fact,  I've NEVER been to any other team's forum board, Period (except for the Broncos, for obvious reasons)

People get too caugh ton on this peyton rules or peyton chokes...

can anyone pay attention to the Defense ? i said like 2  weeks into the offseason, and others did too(like amfootball). they wont win a crap with that Defense and i dont care if you have tom brady, peyton manning or joe montana. That D wont stop a  team that is balanced. they cant stop the run and the only way they stop the pass is if they other team is trying to catch up and they can just rush the passwer.

that defense sucks.