Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano's post game speech and lineup changes

#87WayneFanHe'sTheMan

After seeing Pagano's post game speech I am hoping that more roster and depth chart changes are coming this week. I want to see Rogers in there instead of DHB. I thought Brazill did a little better this week than last week and will get better. I want to see Hilton, Brazill and Rogers as our 3 WRs. I would like to see the Colts bring Whalen back up from the practice squad as our 4th WR and bench DHB.  I would like to see see Holmes or Mcglynn or anyone else at center besides Satele. I am so sick of his head bob and constantly missing blocks or blocking the wrong guy or not blocking well enough to keep his guy away from Luck. Link can stay at G or Reitz if they want to give him a shot again. Rainey looked good as a KR and PR. Not perfect but he is just a little rusty. Obviously if Toler comes back this week that will help out the Colts a lot too. I also want to see Mcnary out there more with the defense I saw multiple plays where he had pressure on the QB and I think with some more time he can help with the pass rush and maybe get some sacks. I think the changes Pagano made last week were a good start but he still needs to make a few more this week as there are still people on this team that are not doing their job at all, not even close. I hope Pagano is ready to make some more smart changes and that it wasn't just a one time thing last week. He held some people accountable like they should be and there are still more that need to be addressed to help patch up some of our weak areas on this team. If we want to have any kind of shot of doing anything at all in the playoffs we need more changes.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I love everything you said.  My worry is that since our line gave up 5 sacks, Pagano will just put McGlynn back at RG...let's hope not. McGlynn a C, and Link at RG.  It's been our best line all year.  I also understand if some people are still skeptical of Rogers, but even the most casual fan can see DHB should not even see the field again.

I love everything you said.  My worry is that since our line gave up 5 sacks, Pagano will just put McGlynn back at RG...let's hope not. McGlynn a C, and Link at RG.  It's been our best line all year.  I also understand if some people are still skeptical of Rogers, but even the most casual fan can see DHB should not even see the field again.

Even Big Joe of 1070am is calling for McGlynn to replace Setele. Being a former offensive lineman he usually isn't too hard on those guys.

Conner has been on the injury report. Why do people think the coaches have something against him?

This was his first time being on the report in awhile. When he's healthy, angerer starts over him. Coaches have something against him for sure. Connor & Freeman are the batman & robin of our defense

Angerer & Freeman are batgirl & batman

See the difference?

He's been healthy at times during the season but Angerer still starts over him, seems to be in the coaches doghouse.

This was his first time being on the report in awhile. When he's healthy, angerer starts over him. Coaches have something against him for sure. Connor & Freeman are the batman & robin of our defense

See the difference?

Conner hasn't had a full week of practice since Week 11, and he played that week. He played the previous three weeks, and got plenty of time. 

I think Conner is better at certain things than Angerer, but I don't agree with this spreading belief that he's clear and away better. Conner has his own struggles, especially in coverage, which is the primary issue with Angerer. I don't see how starting Conner makes the defense better.

This coaching staff seems slow to make adjustments to lineups, for whatever reason. You shouldn't expect them to be willy-nilly with their starters. I'm kind of shocked that they switched things up this past week, even though I think the changes made plenty of sense. However, this Conner over Angerer thing is starting to get out of control. The coaches aren't benching Conner because they don't like him. He's been hurt. When he's healthy, he's played. And even healthy, I don't think he's necessarily better than Angerer.

See the difference?

Connor & Freeman are Nightwing & Batman

Angerer & Freemen are (Jason Todd) Robin & Batman. 

Batgirl was paralyzed by Joker in the Killing Joke. Also Barbara Gordon is super intelligent and vital to the Bat. Angerer is none of those things. Angerer is the Colts equivalent of the terrible character fans call a 900 number to killed off in continuity.  Before you all go Brody Bruce (Mallrats reference) on me I know Jason Todd is back as Red Hood and he is awesome now.

:rantoff:

I'm a comic book geek, this is what I do. :rant:

See the difference?

there is a batgirl?

Conner hasn't had a full week of practice since Week 11, and he played that week. He played the previous three weeks, and got plenty of time. 

I think Conner is better at certain things than Angerer, but I don't agree with this spreading belief that he's clear and away better. Conner has his own struggles, especially in coverage, which is the primary issue with Angerer. I don't see how starting Conner makes the defense better.

This coaching staff seems slow to make adjustments to lineups, for whatever reason. You shouldn't expect them to be willy-nilly with their starters. I'm kind of shocked that they switched things up this past week, even though I think the changes made plenty of sense. However, this Conner over Angerer thing is starting to get out of control. The coaches aren't benching Conner because they don't like him. He's been hurt. When he's healthy, he's played. And even healthy, I don't think he's necessarily better than Angerer.

Conner is clear and away better then Angerer imo. He's more athletic, faster, and a lot more physical. Angerer is just to stiff and slow to play ILB in a 3-4 defense.

Do fans really think that coaches would keep a better player out of the lineup, a player they thought gave them a better chance at victory because they "have something against him?"  Really?  If they have something against anyone, it's that they think he's not good enough to start or play.  That's it.  Now, they may be wrong in that evaluation, but there is no way Pagano would not play someone because they had something against them.

Conner is clear and away better then Angerer imo. He's more athletic, faster, and a lot more physical. Angerer is just to stiff and slow to play ILB in a 3-4 defense.

I disagree. I think it's a case of fans falling in love with the backup because they don't like the starter. Doesn't really matter, I'm just saying that the coaches aren't benching Conner because they don't like him. He's been on and off the injury report all year.

I agree that Angerer is not an ideal ILB for our defensive front. But say what you will about him, he finds his way to the ball. Not a great tackler, not great in coverage, but he gets to the ball carrier. That's valuable.

To me, neither Angerer nor Conner is the answer for us at ILB, not if we're going to keep Freeman. We need someone who can take on blockers and stop ball carriers. Conner is better at that than Angerer, but he's not all that great himself, and is a step slow getting to the spot. I'd like to see him in the rotation more, but that means he needs to participate in practice, which he hasn't been doing lately.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I disagree. I think it's a case of fans falling in love with the backup because they don't like the starter. Doesn't really matter, I'm just saying that the coaches aren't benching Conner because they don't like him. He's been on and off the injury report all year.

I agree that Angerer is not an ideal ILB for our defensive front. But say what you will about him, he finds his way to the ball. Not a great tackler, not great in coverage, but he gets to the ball carrier. That's valuable.

To me, neither Angerer nor Conner is the answer for us at ILB, not if we're going to keep Freeman. We need someone who can take on blockers and stop ball carriers. Conner is better at that than Angerer, but he's not all that great himself, and is a step slow getting to the spot. I'd like to see him in the rotation more, but that means he needs to participate in practice, which he hasn't been doing lately.

I think Angerer should be a Will linebacker in a 4-3.  He's not well suited to play ILB in any defense.  To me, he'd be even worse as a 4-3 ILB.  He just does not have the speed to play ILB.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Do you think Angerer is any slower than Conner? I don't...

No, I wasn't commenting at all on Conner. Just saying I'm not conviced Angerer should be a starting LB in the NFL, and especially not at ILB.

Connor & Freeman are Nightwing & Batman

Angerer & Freemen are (Jason Todd) Robin & Batman.

Batgirl was paralyzed by Joker in the Killing Joke. Also Barbara Gordon is super intelligent and vital to the Bat. Angerer is none of those things. Angerer is the Colts equivalent of the terrible character fans call a 900 number to killed off in continuity. Before you all go Brody Bruce (Mallrats reference) on me I know Jason Todd is back as Red Hood and he is awesome now.

:rantoff:

I'm a comic book geek, this is what I do. :rant:

What did you think of "death of the family?"

No, I wasn't commenting at all on Conner. Just saying I'm not conviced Angerer should be a starting LB in the NFL, and especially not at ILB.

That's a fair consideration. I think ILB is clearly the weakest spot on our defense (it's also the least important, but still). 

Guest TeamLoloJones

That's a fair consideration. I think ILB is clearly the weakest spot on our defense (it's also the least important, but still). 

I think it's clear we have no one on the roster that is even close to Freeman in talent.  And Freeman isn't exactly a world-beater either.  It's without question one of our biggest offseason concerns.  I'd go #1 C, #2 WR (unless Rogers becomes a superstar, and even then it's a need.), #3 ILB, #4 CB, #5 DE, and I'll go G at #6 (even if we don't get a new starter, we need depth)

I think it's clear we have no one on the roster that is even close to Freeman in talent.  And Freeman isn't exactly a world-beater either.  It's without question one of our biggest offseason concerns.  I'd go #1 C, #2 WR (unless Rogers becomes a superstar, and even then it's a need.), #3 ILB, #4 CB, #5 DE, and I'll go G at #6 (even if we don't get a new starter, we need depth)

Where does a pass rusher fit into that picture? Focusing on the draft for that?

Guest TeamLoloJones

Where does a pass rusher fit into that picture? Focusing on the draft for that?

Well with at least 1 more year of Mathis, Werner, and Walden all together I would hold off on pass rush until 2015.  We aren't set at OLB by any means, but with more glaring needs at other positions, I would hold off.  Especially to give Werner time to develop.

I got a big laugh when we put Angerer in on 3rd down for Sheppard in a passing situation.

ANY worthwhile NFL headcoach gameplans to abuse our ILB`s when they need a first down.

In a 3-4, especially with Mathis also a Run Target, we need two Really Good, 3 down type ILB`s.

I would hope to have a 3rd one who is better than Angerer, who will always be a Target.

Why not make DHB a Cornerback or Safety?  They typically can't catch the ball either, but size and speed couldnt hurt us in the secondary...

Do you honestly believe that a guy that has never played in the secondary in his career going all the way back to college, is just going to step into the secondary and be any good at all? Good Lord, it would take a couple yrs. for him to even get acclimated to the position and he's not going to be here next yr. anyway so who cares?

Conner was active on special teams in weeks 7, 9, 10, and 11 and in that time had a total of 1 defensive snap in week 7 vs Denver. Now, I don't necessarily believe Conner should be starting over Angerer but I do believe he needs to be getting the majority of the 3rd LB snaps that were going to Sheppard even when Conner was healthy.

Note: Sheppard had a good game this week and has been looking better the last few weeks

Heyward bey dropping that WIDE open pass, should be the nail in the coffin for that guy

What guy?

Heyward Bey reminds me of Donnie Avery. Drops almost everything. Thankfully, we got rid of Avery and now he's dropping balls for KC Chiefs.  Maybe KC would like a set of bookends?