Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning TD Record

unitaswestand

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does this have to do with the colts

Hmmm.....Good point.  If Manning throws 51 TDs, that means they will probably win their remaining games, which will give them home field advantage over the Patriots.  So the Colts have a better chance to get the SB if Denver has the home field advantage because I think the Colts have a better change against Denver in Denver then NE in NE.  Plus, we like to see the Patriots beats.  How is that?

Another thing is I think Peyton used to play in Indy.

Peyton Manning used to play for Colts and at one time set the NFL record for TD passes at 49 with the Colts.   There will probably be a bronze statue of him outside LOS sometime in the future.  Thanks for asking.

Manning is at 41 right now with this game to finish and 4 more games to go.  Please get to at least 51 and get the record back from Tom "Trashman" Brady.

Tom Brady has been anything but trash....terrible post. I dislike the Patriots as much as any but he had one of the statistical seasons of all time and taken his team to 5 SBs....nothing but class in that guy....and Peyton...in fact they are like the Magic Johnson/Larry Birds of their era lol....switch either and they probably would have had the same careers.

I don't care if he breaks it or not. I want to see him stay upright and lead the Broncos to a Superbowl. (Not at our expense, though.)

Having said that, I think he might break it and probably will fall short in the playoffs when his team finds a way(s) to blow it in another nailbiter. The guy has a black cat stuck up his rear when it comes to dumb luck/relying on people when he's not on the field. Horrible over conservative coaches that play to hold on instead of win don't help, either.

I don't care if he breaks it or not. I want to see him stay upright and lead the Broncos to a Superbowl. (Not at our expense, though.)

Having said that, I think he might break it and probably will fall short in the playoffs when his team finds a way(s) to blow it in another nailbiter. The guy has a black cat stuck up his rear when it comes to dumb luck/relying on people when he's not on the field. Horrible over conservative coaches that play to hold on instead of win don't help, either.

I think its a curse like a spiderman not marrying a woman ( spiderman's case can be a blessing :) )

Why do people get so butthurt when we talk about Peyton? People cry too much

A lot of people on here do care.....   Those that don't ~~ should simply just not enter threads with Peyton or Manning in the Title.  It would save a lot of bickering.

For the Record,  I am one that does Care, and think it's a real good possibility that he'll break the Record.  

Great Job today, Peyton....   :cheer:

A lot of people on here do care..... Those that don't ~~ should simply just not enter threads with Peyton or Manning in the Title. It would save a lot of bickering.

For the Record, I am one that does Care, and think it's a real good possibility that he'll break the Record.

Great Job today, Peyton.... :cheer:

I believe the complaint was lodged only that this thread didn't belong in the Colts section.

I believe the complaint was lodged only that this thread didn't belong in the Colts section.

Could be....  It was in the NFL General when I first read it.   My comment still stands, as far as people entering threads about Peyton Just to complain that he's being discussed.   :nutz:

Could be.... It was in the NFL General when I first read it. My comment still stands, as far as people entering threads about Peyton Just to complain that he's being discussed. :nutz:

I think it was more like "What does this have to do with the Colts" and then it got moved and made the complainer look like a jerk lol.

A lot of people on here do care.....   Those that don't ~~ should simply just not enter threads with Peyton or Manning in the Title.  It would save a lot of bickering.

For the Record,  I am one that does Care, and think it's a real good possibility that he'll break the Record.  

Great Job today, Peyton....   :cheer:

That was as good as I've seen him since he moved to Denver....

....400 yards...5 TDs....against a quality defense...without his starting tight end..

......Gramz....he's got 4 more games against 4 teams with losing records.....and the Broncos need to win because NE is chasing them...

..and the road games are in warm weather..Oakland and.Houston

...He'll get to 52, 53...at age 37...and he's still got a shot at the all-time yardage record (about 5,450)....

I've never seen anybody do this ..set all time  league highs in his late 30s...

//all the other greats faded or stayed steady late in their careers.

This is something that is truly incredible

the weather is Denver is supposed to be very cold next week for the Tennesse game

..but I think Peyton is adjusting to the  'Michael Jackson-style" one glove routine...he threw well with the glove at KC..obviously

..and the last two games are in perfect conditions...

Dec, 29 at Oakland......tall records will fall. :scoregood:

Makes no sense.  People on here talk about John Unitas, Bert Jones, Edgerran James, Marvin Harrison.  None of them are currently on the Colts. Should they stop talking about them?  Manning is to the Colts as Jones and Unitas were.

Difference is, they aren't active.  They aren't players of an opposing team.  Once Peyton retires, then it will be ok.

TD record i think is in the bag.  But how about the passing yards record?  Against the teams he has left, it may be possible.  338 (technically 337.7) yards per game is what he needs.

Titans

Chargers

@Texans

@Raiders

Last two games will be warmer as well.

TD record i think is in the bag.  But how about the passing yards record?  Against the teams he has left, it may be possible.  338 (technically 337.7) yards per game is what he needs.

Titans

Chargers

@Texans

@Raiders

Last two games will be warmer as well.

For him to break these records, the opponents have to play well so he can play till 4th quarter AND Chiefs and NE keep winning.

If he plays 60 minutes the remaining 4 games, he will break them all.

I hope Manning break that record. It would just solidify his position as the greatest QB ever. I like how it was first Manning breaking the td record. Then it was Brady that broke Manning record. And now Manning has chance to break Brady record. Just two GOAT

Only in the minds of Colt fans. If he goes down in the post season this year you can kiss any chance at GOAT redemption for Peyton Manning goodbye, 51 TDs or not.

There has been absolutely nothing special about this years Denver regular season. Just a lot of stat-compiling.

Until last night they had a losing record against play off teams, and are now just 2-2, with the 2 wins coming against the fools gold Chiefs.

Sorry, but stat-padding against scrubs doesn't make you a GOAT. Winning play off games does, against real teams, and real defenses.

Records are meant to be broken. They're transitory but their very nature. That's what seperates them from Championships, which are forever.

Manning threw 49. Brady threw 50. If Manning throws 51, someone some day will throw 52. When they do, it won't make them the GOAT.

Tom Brady was sat in six games the year he threw 50 touchdowns. Has Manning even taken a seat once yet?

Only in the minds of Colt fans. If he goes down in the post season this year you can kiss any chance at GOAT redemption for Peyton Manning goodbye, 51 TDs or not.

There has been absolutely nothing special about this years Denver regular season. Just a lot of stat-compiling.

Until last night they had a losing record against play off teams, and are now just 2-2, with the 2 wins coming against the fools gold Chiefs.

Sorry, but stat-padding against scrubs doesn't make you a GOAT. Winning play off games does, against real teams, and real defenses.

Records are meant to be broken. They're transitory but their very nature. That's what seperates them from Championships, which are forever.

Manning threw 49. Brady threw 50. If Manning throws 51, someone some day will throw 52. When they do, it won't make them the GOAT.

Tom Brady was sat in six games the year he threw 50 touchdowns. Has Manning even taken a seat once yet?

You probably were born after 2004 or another lacklustre Pats fan who hates greatness.

Manning did not play for 6 quarters when he made 49 TDs and he took way lesser snaps than Brady did for 50 TDs. Most of those TDs came at the end of 4th quarter ( remember the Titans game ?), who was piling stats?.

Just stop hating and respect talent.

You probably were born after 2004 or another lacklustre Pats fan who hates greatness.

Manning did not play for 6 quarters when he made 49 TDs and he took way lesser snaps than Brady did for 50 TDs. Most of those TDs came at the end of 4th quarter ( remember the Titans game ?), who was piling stats?.

Just stop hating and respect talent.

Tom Brady threw his touchdowns against some of the best defenses in football, on a schedule far more difficult than anything Peyton has ever faced.

The Jaguars, the Titans, and the 2000~2010 Texans are not competition. Last year the AFC West outside of Denver had a grant total of about 10 wins. He smashed all of them while also losing to every single last post season team he faced.

Nobody is challenging Peyton's ability to play great football against bottom feeders.

Tom Brady threw his touchdowns against some of the best defenses in football, on a schedule far more difficult than anything Peyton has ever faced.

The Jaguars, the Titans, and the 2000~2010 Texans are not competition. Last year the AFC West outside of Denver had a grant total of about 10 wins. He smashed all of them while also losing to every single last post season team he faced.

Nobody is challenging Peyton's ability to play great football against bottom feeders.

Yeah i will take the lacklustre Pats fan here.

Its funny how you ignored the facts i mentioned and start rambling with illogical sentences.

Lets talk about AFC East

Geno Smith - Rookie

E.J Manuel - Rookie

Ryan Tannehill - Sophmore

6 games with pretty much nothing and its 9-3??. The games Pats won except Steelers could have gone either way.

Since you brought up last year, AFC championship game at Foxboro - Brady scored a grand total of 13 points out of which 7 points were given during garbage time. Yeah thats clutch.

Fact that you find a reason to diminish anything Manning does explains your thought process and how much you just hate him.

Yeah i will take the lacklustre Pats fan here.

Its funny how you ignored the facts i mentioned and start rambling with illogical sentences.

Lets talk about AFC East

Geno Smith - Rookie

E.J Manuel - Rookie

Ryan Tannehill - Sophmore

6 games with pretty much nothing and its 9-3??. The games Pats won except Steelers could have gone either way.

Since you brought up last year, AFC championship game at Foxboro - Brady scored a grand total of 13 points out of which 7 points were given during garbage time. Yeah thats clutch.

Fact that you find a reason to diminish anything Manning does explains your thought process and how much you just hate him.

Rex Ryan fields one of the most stubborn defenses every single year, no matter how much of a circus he lets the rest of his team become.

It doesn't matter how much the Patriots beat teams by. Wins are wins. Loses are loses.

Last year we didn't have Gronk for the AFC Championship. If we did, that game would of gone much differently. You don't lose the greatest red zone threat in the NFL to injury and remain as deadly.

Who is the hater here? lol.

I thought maybe drafting Luck and moving on from Peyton would finally bring Colts fans into the real world. I think with many it has, but some are just incapable.

My biggest complaint about Colt fans after Tom Brady started winning Superbowls is, to defend your guy, you started putting greater value on MVP's and nonsense over Superbowl championships and play off victories.

The post season is where the real football teams await. You can throw 80 touchdown passes in a season against the nobodies of the NFL. If you go one-and-done afterwards in the play offs it means nothing. It means you beat up and shreded nobodies but couldn't handle the bigger fish in the pond.

Your teams owner knows the deal, which is why Peyton is now playing in Denver.

If you disagree, and would rather dump Luck to go back to having your expectations raised every year, just to play pitifully and lose your first play off game, season after season after season after season, more power to you.