Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Toler out another week

#87WayneFanHe'sTheMan

Colts LCB Greg Toler (groin) has been ruled out for Week 13.

The Colts also ruled out ILB Kavell Conner, though RCB Vontae Davis (groin) is listed as probable. Indy's defense does not pose a difficult Week 13 matchup for Ryan Fitzpatrick, who's been on fire over his last two games.

Nov 29 - 1:14 PM

Not surprising but still disappointing. Looks like another day of watching Vaghn not watch the ball.

Not really, I think he only had this years money guaranteed.

I like the guy and there's a HUGE difference when he's out of our line-up (even davis has been garbage, since toler's injury). But he just doesn't play enough to warrent the money. The good news is, he'll be fresh for the playoffs.

I like the guy and there's a HUGE difference when he's out of our line-up (even davis has been garbage, since toler's injury). But he just doesn't play enough to warrent the money. The good news is, he'll be fresh for the playoffs.

Davis hasn't been playing well lately, I think it has to do with the injury he's been playing through.

He only has 5m guaranteed. Think he can be cut without any salary cap penalties.

Ok that's good if that's the case were gonna have to cut him after this year

Were Toler to be cut after this season, we'd have a $667k cap penalty in 2014 (or it could be evenly split between 2014 and 2015, depending on the way we handle the release). It's negligible.

I'm irritated with Toler's injury right now, but I wouldn't cut him. I'd add two more corners and get rid of Vaughn. 

I wonder if any one no's how many games all our free agents we signed have played up to this point there I am guessing not even half. With not having much talent last year and Grigson  signing many free agents at this point its been a disaster

I don't know that it matters, but you might not be far off.

Landry has played 7/11

Toler has played 7/11 (call it 12, since he's not playing tomorrow)

Franklin has played 11/11

RJF has played 7/11

Cherilus has played 11/11

Sidbury has played 0

D. Thomas has played 2/11

Bradshaw has played 3/11

Hasselbeck has been active 11/11

Walden has played 10/11

DHB has played 11/11

Did I miss anyone? That's 80/121, 66%. Of course, it's heavily skewed by Sidbury, Bradshaw and Thomas. Two of those three were signed as reserves. You can take Hasselbeck out if you want, but he's the backup QB and has been available in every game. 

Either way, it's difficult to hold the GM responsible for player injuries. In the case of Bradshaw, Toler and Landry, we knew we were signing guys with injury history, so we can be critical there. But everyone else has held up pretty well. And besides, it's football. Guys miss games.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I wonder if any one no's how many games all our free agents we signed have played up to this point there I am guessing not even half. With not having much talent last year and Grigson  signing many free agents at this point its been a disaster

The one big money guy that Grigson went after (Cherilus) has been a bright spot.  He's the one contract that really hurts us if he didn't pan out.  So far so good for Gosder.

The one big money guy that Grigson went after (Cherilus) has been a bright spot.  He's the one contract that really hurts us if he didn't pan out.  So far so good for Gosder.

Yep Grigson set up those contracts for everyone else so he can get out of them if he needs too.  It's why they looked so big early.  He had to over pay up front so he could get out of them if they didn't work out after a year or two. 

Its been well documented that a lot of players end up with other leg injuries coming back from a knee injury. The player often does things differently or puts pressure on other parts of the leg and over works the other muscles to compensate for the weakness in the knee or perceived weakness. It seems the press coverage/physical Denver game ended up costing us more in the long run than the win that came from it. Not saying injuries wouldn't have happened either way or later but for one night those guys played special....and haven't been seen from since.