Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Want to know why there's so much Da'Rick hype?

Guest TeamLoloJones

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to seeing him on the field. In a way, we are a club of second chances-- look at Darius Butler and what Grigson told him. Basically, put up or shut up-- if DB didn't catch on here, he was presumably out of the league.

Let's go Rogers.

Jeffrey. He's clearly our savior at wide out.

Look, I have it on good authority from both the 10 commandments and the man upstairs himself, thou shall place no god before me, thou shall worship no graven image, oh and take 1 day a week off just to honor and worship me. I think it's pretty clear the people in this thread are skating on very thin ice.

Look, I have it on good authority from both the 10 commandments and the man upstairs himself, thou shall place no god before me, thou shall worship no graven image, oh and take 1 day a week off just to honor and worship me. I think it's pretty clear the people in this thread are skating on very thin ice.

haha

Guest TeamLoloJones

I don't know why there is so much talk /.Like many, I've never heard of him outside this message board...

We do love the 'new guy'

If you followed college football at all the last 2 years, you would know who he is.

Guest TeamLoloJones

He'd have been on the field earlier if he had much of anything, in my mind

NO idea about all the hype

Do people even read?  The whole point of this thread was to explain WHY PEOPLE ARE HYPING UP Rogers.  You can agree or disagree.  I did not intend to spur a debate.  It was just to answer the question, "Why are people so excited about this guy?" which has been posted a thousand times in every single thread the last few weeks, and it's gotten to be annoying.  Instead of posting "Why the hype?"  people should just do some research, and they will find the answers themselves.

He'd have been on the field earlier if he had much of anything, in my mind

NO idea about all the hype

Meh. That don't really apply, We have been trottin DHB out on the field for the last 11 weeks waiting for him to make himself relevant in a football sense

Guest TeamLoloJones

Meh. That don't really apply, We have been trottin DHB out on the field for the last 11 weeks waiting for him to make himself relevant in a football sense

He also wasn't in training camp or preseason with us.  If people can make those excuses for TRich, then why not Rogers.  Plus the same people that won't throw Da'Rick out there, are the same people who keep Satele as a starting Center.

He also wasn't in training camp or preseason with us.  If people can make those excuses for TRich, then why not Rogers.

Oh you know....cause Richardson is the 2nd coming of Adrian Peterson and its all our O Lines fault only......on moms laptop till after Thanksgiving and for some reason it wont let me access the emoticons.....But Im rolling my eyes

Guest TeamLoloJones

Oh you know....cause Richardson is the 2nd coming of Adrian Peterson and its all our O Lines fault only......on moms laptop till after Thanksgiving and for some reason it wont let me access the emoticons.....But Im rolling my eyes

haha...not to get off subject, but I still love Trent.  He may never be the 3rd overall pick talent we want him to be, but I don't care.  Still love the kid being on our team.

haha...not to get off subject, but I still love Trent.  He may never be the 3rd overall pick talent we want him to be, but I don't care.  Still love the kid being on our team.

I expect he improves over the offseason.....Never gonna live up to that 3rd round pick , Hes a talented kid but not close to Adrian Peterson talent and Peterson went 7th.

I expect he improves over the offseason.....Never gonna live up to that 3rd round pick , Hes a talented kid but not close to Adrian Peterson talent and Peterson went 7th.

Agreed, min stole him with the 7th pick. Think he dropped dude to injuries. Think it was his shoulder if memory serves correct.

The comparison of Rogers and Julio Jones is spot on.  They are almost the exact same size, and have the exact same skill set.  Is Rogers as good as Jones? No.  But if you watched enough tape of both of them in college you could swear you were watching the same player.

Respectfully,  I think we're going to have to agree to disagree.

I don't want to go into a long breakdown, so I'll simply say this...

If Da'Rick Rogers was half of what you think he is,  (A) he would have been drafted by somebody, maybe in the 6th or 7th round, but some team would've taken him.   (B)   If he was half of what you think he is,  the Bills would NOT have cut him after signing him as a free agent.  And ©  if he was half of what you think he is, he would've been playing for the Colts weeks ago, and not held out most of the year.

I just checked ESPN and NFL.com    They both gave him a nice write-up, but nothing out of this world.   This was not a first round talent who fell completely off the board because of his well documented character issues.   This was more like a 3rd round talent.    He was not Julio Jones,  who not only was a 1st round talent,  he was a HIGH first round talent.  And that's rare for a WR.

Here's the write-up from NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/darick-rogers?id=2540179

Either way.....    hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving!

p.s. -- nothing would make me happier than if Rogers has a HUGE game vs. Tennessee and I'm sitting there thinking....  "maybe lolo jones was right!?!"

Do people even read?  The whole point of this thread was to explain WHY PEOPLE ARE HYPING UP Rogers.  You can agree or disagree.  I did not intend to spur a debate.  It was just to answer the question, "Why are people so excited about this guy?" which has been posted a thousand times in every single thread the last few weeks, and it's gotten to be annoying.  Instead of posting "Why the hype?"  people should just do some research, and they will find the answers themselves.

Not a very good question in a forum that is already debating a guy who hasn't seen the field for us, I'd love to research the guy more...  Problem is he's not seen to field for us, this tread will be pages long by end.  Proving only the debate on this guy is at full stir, and until he is on the field (if ever) the questions will not be answered...

Even with that draft analysis of him, it is all just speculation at this point.

I am not excited about this kid as most others are. Right now, he is our 5th WR and has yet to play a down in the regular season, and yet he is our "savior" and "god" 

If he comes in and produces, I will be happy and root for the guy. But if he doesn't, at least I won't feel disappointed in him.

If he is the 2nd coming, why can't he even make the field , for anyone...... press clippings are ok, but proof is actions. His personal actions have not been good, let's hope his on field ones live up to the hype!

Yeah unfortunately some people never get it together. Or will take way longer than wanted, ala pacman jones. But there's those who hit bottom and say screw this scrap this isn't me I want to succeed. Hopefully he's the latter!

well said basketballSteve well said.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Under-Review-DaRick-Rogers/0afc2688-7e24-44ae-96df-81173f4bdb70

watch that catch @ 1:25....now ik thats just practice but that still shows his potential right there...

Potential to get an incompletion in a real game?  He only had the right shin down and then the right arm lands out of bounds.  He needs to jump for that with a chance of touching the left toe in before the arm hits turf.  Not saying he doesn't have talent, or he won't be good, but that play is just a loss of down. The great receivers display incredible body control and feet awareness near the sidelines.

Guest TeamLoloJones

If Da'Rick Rogers was half of what you think he is,  (A) he would have been drafted by somebody, maybe in the 6th or 7th round, but some team would've taken him.   (B)   If he was half of what you think he is,  the Bills would NOT have cut him after signing him as a free agent.  And ©  if he was half of what you think he is, he would've been playing for the Colts weeks ago, and not held out most of the year.

I just checked ESPN and NFL.com    They both gave him a nice write-up, but nothing out of this world.   This was not a first round talent who fell completely off the board because of his well documented character issues.   This was more like a 3rd round talent.    He was not Julio Jones,  who not only was a 1st round talent,  he was a HIGH first round talent.  And that's rare for a WR.

p.s. -- nothing would make me happier than if Rogers has a HUGE game vs. Tennessee and I'm sitting there thinking....  "maybe lolo jones was right!?!"

"You are right.  Because top talent level players always get drafted."

-Victor Cruz

And it is the following "Bottom Line" in the link you provided that has a lot of people excited ...

"BOTTOM LINE

Rogers is a physical specimen with strong hands who overpowered defenders in his routes and after the catch on his way to second-team All-SEC status in 2011 (67 catches, 1,040 yards, nine TDs), and to a dominating season (78 catches for 1,207 yards and 11 TDs) while at Tennessee Tech. His immaturity off the field caused him to be dismissed from Tennessee before the 2012 season, and thus the biggest questions with Rogers will be about character concerns. While he's not a quick-twitch, vertical threat, Rogers is a big, physical receiver who works well across the middle, and has a tremendous deal of talent."

Naturally, Colts fans are focusing on the UPSIDE that he is evaluated as having.  Based on that upside, he has the potential to be a very solid receiver.  People are hoping for the best, especially given all the grim news (injuries ... especially to Reggie Wayne) and there isn't really anything wrong with that.  Grain of salt, "fans" are pretty much always looking for more, even when Reggie and Marvin shared the field, there were oodles of forum fans crying that the Colts need a big, tall, physical receiver.  Wouldn't we just NOW be giddy to have both Reggie and Marvin caliber back on the field at the same time?

Anyway, fans are fans and, especially when things are not going ideally well, we put our hopes into the potential of others that have yet to have a shot, in the hopes for "better".  It's natural and nothing to slap people for doing.  Sure it may be unrealistically optimistic, but there is nothing wrong with hoping.  Live and let live, I say.  :)

Potential to get an incompletion in a real game?  He only had the right shin down and then the right arm lands out of bounds.  He needs to jump for that with a chance of touching the left toe in before the arm hits turf.  Not saying he doesn't have talent, or he won't be good, but that play is just a loss of down. The great receivers display incredible body control and feet awareness near the sidelines.

yea ik..but i mean i like his effort...and even though he was out of bounds he still showed off his hands....that's what i meant