Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reverse Psychology?

Black-Vell

Wow - we got beat down so bad today that I think people are in shock.

Listen - if you feel you need to come on here after that total blowout - and tell me "its ok" - allow me to tell you what you obviously do not want to come to terms with........

It's Over.

Just like what happened to Oregon against Stanford this week - reality has slowly choked the life out of our season.

Reality is - T Richardson was not suppose to be our starting RB this year. He was suppose to be a fresh bruiser back that ate up clock in the 4th quarter behind V Ballard &/or A Bradshaw. Injuries have us with D Brown as our featured RB. Let that sink in - D Brown was a 3rd or 4th string RB BEFORE we even got T Rich & some thought he was about to be released.

Reality is - the offensive line just is not ready for NFL competition. Again - injuries have us starting a rookie. I do not care who that rookie is - fact is - he was not drafted to start his rookie year.....period. And if you have been watching S Satele - we probably should be playing the other rookie. I have seen S Satele miss a block on a screen that the man he was suppose to block did not even see him coming.

Reality is - i bet a lot of you can not even remember a Colt's game without R Wayne in it. I seen a thread or a post talking about "next man up" - this is not baseball - R Wayne is irreplaceable. If our WR corp was a fist - R Wayne was the wrist. I teared up over the Peyton Tribute - but I cried when Reggie went down. Perspective - DHB is our most tenured WR & he's being outplayed by T.Y.

Reality is - the injury to D Allen has exposed C Fleenor as more of a WR than a TE. That's not a bad thing - but - he needed to be brought along slower with less targets - not thrust into the fire.

Reality is - Pep Hamilton's offense - just like C Pagano's defense - is wrong for us with our current roster. On offense - you cannot feature your 4th string RB behind an offensive line so soft in the middle you start a 4th rnd rookie. You must spread defenses out & win or lose with our best player. (A Luck) I mean it's not like A Luck is being protected any better. 

On Defense - you cannot play all out bump n run man if you cannot stop the run or get a disruptive 3, 4 or heck 5 man pass rush

A consistent pass rush gives the DB's a realistic amount of time they "have" to cover. Without it - you get covered WR's making catches on unaware DB's because they have no idea what is going on behind them. So sometimes they look & the WR makes another move.

Reality is - too many injuries to too many key players - mixed in with too many underperformers. The best thing is we have a young team - it just sucks that we did what we did last year to make it seem we were going to skip the rebuild transition phase.

I guess I should say that this is my opinion and I am OK with positive and/or negative feedback. I do not care about how my opinion differs from yours. Actually - I'm hoping people do not see as many problems moving forward as I do.

Listen - if you feel you need to come on here after that total blowout - and tell me "its ok" - allow me to tell you what you obviously do not want to come to terms with........

It's Over.

tFdO5ET.gif

So if we beat the Titans in two of the next three games and win the AFC South do we just tell the league we don't want to go the playoffs because it's over?  I am so glad the team doesn't share the attitude of some of the posters here or they wouldn't even have come out of the locker room at the half against the Texans last week. 

Today was ugly was no question but it's one game.  Things can and will be adjusted.  Do I think this team is going to win a Super Bowl this year?  No but I never thought that to start with.  What I thought was fair expectations was an AFC South Title and a playoff win.  Both of those are still with in reach and very possible. 

Wow........... hey OP the bandwagons leaving, why don't you hop on it...

While yes we have injuries and got the crap beat out of us and flat out embarrassed today, the season is not over. This team is still learning and such. While I agree our Oline absolutely isn't in existence, we will be fine.

With the play that we have seen the last two weeks, let alone the stellar (if not identical) play we showed against the dolphins and chargers, and near identical play against Oakland, is there any doubt that we will likely be one and done in the playoffs?  If things don't change drastically, I think the answer is definitive.

It's Over.

Just like what happened to Oregon against Stanford this week - reality has slowly choked the life out of our season.

Reality is - T Richardson was not suppose to be our starting RB this year. He was suppose to be a fresh bruiser back that ate up clock in the 4th quarter behind V Ballard &/or A Bradshaw. Injuries have us with D Brown as our featured RB. Let that sink in - D Brown was a 3rd or 4th string RB BEFORE we even got T Rich & some thought he was about to be released.

Reality is - the offensive line just is not ready for NFL competition. Again - injuries have us starting a rookie. I do not care who that rookie is - fact is - he was not drafted to start his rookie year.....period. And if you have been watching S Satele - we probably should be playing the other rookie. I have seen S Satele miss a block on a screen that the man he was suppose to block did not even see him coming.

Reality is - i bet a lot of you can not even remember a Colt's game without R Wayne in it. I seen a thread or a post talking about "next man up" - this is not baseball - R Wayne is irreplaceable. If our WR corp was a fist - R Wayne was the wrist. I teared up over the Peyton Tribute - but I cried when Reggie went down. Perspective - DHB is our most tenured WR & he's being outplayed by T.Y.

Reality is - the injury to D Allen has exposed C Fleenor as more of a WR than a TE. That's not a bad thing - but - he needed to be brought along slower with less targets - not thrust into the fire.

Reality is - Pep Hamilton's offense - just like C Pagano's defense - is wrong for us with our current roster. On offense - you cannot feature your 4th string RB behind an offensive line so soft in the middle you start a 4th rnd rookie. You must spread defenses out & win or lose with our best player. (A Luck) I mean it's not like A Luck is being protected any better. 

On Defense - you cannot play all out bump n run man if you cannot stop the run or get a disruptive 3, 4 or heck 5 man pass rush

A consistent pass rush gives the DB's a realistic amount of time they "have" to cover. Without it - you get covered WR's making catches on unaware DB's because they have no idea what is going on behind them. So sometimes they look & the WR makes another move.

Reality is - too many injuries to too many key players - mixed in with too many underperformers. The best thing is we have a young team - it just sucks that we did what we did last year to make it seem we were going to skip the rebuild transition phase.

I guess I should say that this is my opinion and I am OK with positive and/or negative feedback. I do not care about how my opinion differs from yours. Actually - I'm hoping people do not see as many problems moving forward as I do.

TRich wouldn't be on our roster if Bradshaw and Ballard remained healthy..

FleenR needs/needed More targets. He is the mismatch he was projected to be.

Hmm! Griggs signed 9 new starters to replace last years krapola lineup.

Usually one would expect for a unit to develope mental cohession, they would need to play together quite a bit.

Without Andrew running for a number of 1st downs each game, we in trouble Offensively.

It's been a loooong day to end a loooong work week.

Where is the reverse psychology? Am I just too tired to comprehend it?

Maybe it`s the Yip IT`S Over. Were done. We just give up Tennessee.

Then we surprise`em with the ol, one two. Pop them in those nose early and put the whupp on them. Go Colts!

This loss was a culmination of everything the Colts have been bad at this year coming together at once. Falling behind early. Terrible run blocking, terrible pass protection, untimely dropped passes on 3rd down, the defense giving up big 3rd and long conversions, special teams not executing and Andrew Luck missing wide open receivers who may have dropped the pass anyways. Most of the issues can be fixed but the O-line, that's going to take another off season. When the Colts play their best and are fired up they can beat anybody and have. They just didn't seem ready to play today as a team

It's Over.

What ever?

No problem people - I just wanted to try to touch on everything negative so we could move on. I already have. If its over or not - i am a Colt's fan so whatever happens I'll be here.

I personally believe we have a good enough team to compete with anybody - it just really bothered me seeing how injuries have us looking like a shell of ourselves. So I screamed it from the mountain top one time - glad to see fellow members hold me up. 

Go Colts

It's Over.

Fact (in my best Dwight Schrute impersonation): All teams have issues.

It's over.

Waiting for Thursday.

There. I feel better now also.