Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts player's have a message for their fans

TKnight24

Hopefully you all have relaxed yourselves from the :reaction: threads. If not, I offer you a glass of apple juice to soothe yourself. If you want one, ask & you shall receive.

Anyway back to topic lol, here are tweets from Colts player's after today's game

@MrLandry30: We MUST do better as a team #NoExcuses #24HrRule

@MattOverton_LS: Minor set back for a huge comeback!

No doubt! You gotta BELIEVE it!!!!! #COLTSTRONG

@VontaeDavis23: We gotta punch Adversity right back in the FACE!!!!!!!

@SergioBrown38: Tough lost #ColtsNation we gotta bounce back this will not happen again!!! U will have my full effort and we will not let u guys down!!!

I hope we can take something away from this embarrassment  

To be honest, the video of Pat McAfee and that soldier's homecoming at halftime completely made up this game for me. That man's homecoming is a great thing to take from this game.

From an "on the field" standpoint, TY and Robert had good games. The boys will right the ship and get a win on Thursday.

we will bounce back.  it wasn't that bad of a game if you look at the replays.  I mean, yea, we got hammered early in a couple different areas, but Luck had a really bad day that the rest of the team couldn't recover from.  you can't blame the rest of the team when luck controls so much of what goes on.  Yea ST and OL were horrid but it's like Luck was piloting United Airlines Flight 232, you had major damage to part of the Jet (hydraulics) rendering it almost useless as far as flight controls, He made a few mistakes of his own furthering the problems... but he landed the plane without a total loss of life.  I like our pilot, we just need to fix the hydraulics.

sure you can

that the colts are poorly coached

This team has some of the best true teachers in the game coaching them....especially the secondary, DL and LB coaches.  Manusky is known as a very good teacher, and you never hear a bad thing said about Pep's ability to teach. 

We can argue game day decisions in any game(This one was a buzz saw nightmare) but the Colts coaches are solid in their teachings. 

I have a message for the players.....I was at the game yesterday and I want a refund!!!!!! I've been to quite a few games and they have not won them all but yesterday.....I was SPEECHLESS! And that is far from ordinary for me.

Anyway....we've been here before many times and we have alot of work to do and changes to be made but we will be fine, on to the Titans! GO COLTS!!!!

This team has some of the best true teachers in the game coaching them....especially the secondary, DL and LB coaches. Manusky is known as a very good teacher, and you never hear a bad thing said about Pep's ability to teach.

We can argue game day decisions in any game(This one was a buzz saw nightmare) but the Colts coaches are solid in their teachings.

being that unprepared is poor coaching

being that unprepared is poor coaching

Yes a bad game....the coaches are great teachers as I said.  Players need to be mentally prepared...not up to the coaches.  Yes the coaches need to adapt...but they ran into a Ram buzz saw and a rare off day from a great young QB.

Go back to last year when we were bringing guys off of the street to play on the DL...and they performed admirably.  They were taught quickly and efficiently.  

As for yesterday...I said it above....on to Thursday for me dudeski!!   :thmup:

This team has some of the best true teachers in the game coaching them....especially the secondary, DL and LB coaches.  Manusky is known as a very good teacher, and you never hear a bad thing said about Pep's ability to teach. 

I think i agree with you here. I love the coaches preparation and general attitude towards playing the game (disciplined, power run, aggressive defense) but I hate the in-game adjustments. When Luck is getting massive pressure stop dropping him back and trying to throw deep. Why not run delays and screens to slow down the pass rush? Sometimes i think Pep is overmatched during the games.

We fans should not be surprised that a game like that pops up now and then.  Despite the greatness shown by this team at times, it is still VERY young and inexperienced and has a ton of new players.  Throw in the injuries and it's very understandable.  The type of consistent, great performances we are hoping for will not happen for another year or two IMO.

I think i agree with you here. I love the coaches preparation and general attitude towards playing the game (disciplined, power run, aggressive defense) but I hate the in-game adjustments. When Luck is getting massive pressure stop dropping him back and trying to throw deep. Why not run delays and screens to slow down the pass rush? Sometimes i think Pep is overmatched during the games.

I think you open the playbook and throw everything at the opposing team...especially at home to get the crowd involved early.  I also think you take the ball when you win the toss and score with Andrew.  (Not appicable yesterday)

When Pep arrived we were preaching 'getting the WRs/TEs and backs in 'space' where Yard After Catch is optimized.  Yes with Reggie and Allen out this proposes a problem in talent, but am I wrong or can DHB and Brazill run like sprinters?  And "Flash' Hilton:  Good point on the delays and screens.  Designed roll-outs would be nice as well...I personally am tired of the 3 and outs.....but love our Colts...

we will bounce back.  it wasn't that bad of a game if you look at the replays.  I mean, yea, we got hammered early in a couple different areas, but Luck had a really bad day that the rest of the team couldn't recover from.  you can't blame the rest of the team when luck controls so much of what goes on.  Yea ST and OL were horrid but it's like Luck was piloting United Airlines Flight 232, you had major damage to part of the Jet (hydraulics) rendering it almost useless as far as flight controls, He made a few mistakes of his own furthering the problems... but he landed the plane without a total loss of life.  I like our pilot, we just need to fix the hydraulics.

Gotta disagree with the bolded and underlined portion of your post.  Luck had no time to do anything all afternoon.  The first Ram touchdown came via a strip-sack fumble returned by the defense.  That's a testament to how little time he was given to complete a pass.  The next touchdown was a very bad read by a very good defender (Vontae Davis - got burned a few times last week as well) and had nothing, at all, to do with Andrew Luck.  The next offensive series saw Luck come out swinging and actually move the ball pretty effectively.  The refs picking up the flag on the pass interference was horrible and led to the punt which was returned for the third Ram touchdown.  Again, nothing Luck could do about that.  I told my son, after halftime, to watch for Luck to start pressing and the interceptions to start pouring in.  Unfortunately, I was right.  Luck wasn't perfect yesterday.  He sailed a few balls and missed some wide-open receivers.  He had pressure in his face for the entire game and, regardless of the QB's pedigree, that type of rush will make you look average to bad.  Of the picks he threw, none of them were inherently bad reads/throws.  Most were just really unlucky bounces and tips.  It happens.   

Bottom line, the entire team is to blame for that loss.  The offense couldn't protect the QB and, as a result, the QB couldn't deliver a lot of catchable balls.  The defense couldn't cover a rookie, punk receiver.  They were in good company, however, as the special teams also got torched by that same receiver.  The coaches didn't make the necessary, in-game, adjustments needed to stop the bleeding and we hemorrhagedYou'll have these games every once in a while.  In 2006, we needed Jacksonville to kick our butts and pound us for 375 rushing yards to wake us up and make us, finally, address our issues.  Winning has a way of masking problems.  A loss like this, if nothing else, will force the team to address the problems and make a more concerted effort to fix them.

If we don't completely suck in the red zone we may have been able to come back in this game Luck our boy made some very poor reads, and forced a few balls. Our receivers, other than Hilton have to do a better job to.

If we don't completely suck in the red zone we may have been able to come back in this game Luck our boy made some very poor reads, and forced a few balls. Our receivers, other than Hilton have to do a better job to.

when we stink, we really stink bad.  i saw a skunk the other night in a well traversed area the night before the game. it just wasn't a good sign.  first time i saw one in the wild, I have always just smelled the bandits................ or well, it could have been their QB Tom  :brady:  .  

Second year QB has a bad game. Some of you guys are spoiled rotten brats. We're 6-3 with tons of injuries. Some of you really need to get over yourselves. We're leading our friggin' division by 2 GAMES. Seriously, after a couple of wins some of the same people here crying now will have a totally different attitude and will act like they knew it all along.