Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts player's have a message for their fans

TKnight24

If we don't completely suck in the red zone we may have been able to come back in this game Luck our boy made some very poor reads, and forced a few balls. Our receivers, other than Hilton have to do a better job to.

The scary thing is that we don't seem to have any serviceable NFL caliber WRs beside Hilton.

"Gotta disagree with the bolded and underlined portion of your post. Luck had no time to do anything all afternoon. The first Ram touchdown came via a strip-sack fumble returned by the defense."

There was built in wide open underneath routes ran by Richardson and Fleener on the play....He had enough time to check down or step up and throw to either of them on that play, The second sack was much closer but he could have easily stepped up in the pocket and thrown it to Havili, Both he and Richardson were running shorter underneath routes, The 3rd sack Richardson was open underneath but Thornton got whipped so quick on the stunt by Quinn Luck really did not have much time to react. Lucks last sack came off of Linkenbach by Long...I agree on that one...nobody appeared to be open without looking at the ALL 22 yet

Words!   Do it on the field.

Exactly, those messages are just the same old stuff that everyone learned to say back in little league and have been repeating ever since. Talk is cheap; catch the ball, make the tackle, sack the quarterback; if you can't do these things nothing you say matters.

Come on, what are the players suppose to say.  "We don't care ", or "My check is the same no matter win or lose".  I feel bad for the the fans that actually had to pay their hard earned $$ & sit through that crap in the stands, for that matter the last couple of home games.  At least I could turn the channel or go pick up my dogs crap in the back yard , which I think I put more effort in to than the Colts did in their game.  Out of the last 9 games they have only really had control in 2 of the games, the rest of them have come basically by last second comebacks.  Yes they were wins, but you cannot sustain long term success with those type of wins EVERY WEEK.  Issues like the Colts are having have now caught up to them, even if they make the playoffs i bet I can predict 1 and done for them.  If the players are tweeting things like this last game won't happen again or whatever, then maybe they should put their money where their mouth is and donate game checks to a charity when they have a * poor performance (won't happen I know).  I'm sure people are going to blast me for this post, but I guarantee you there are a lot of fans thinking the same thing.

So much gloom and doom on here.  I get it, we lost a game, and lost badly. But remember this, we are a young team, we have been decimated by injuries, our O-line looks like swiss cheese  LOL.  But what I'm getting at, the more doom and gloom we post, the more fans feed into the doom and gloom.  

Call me an optimist, I guess that's what I am.  Pick up the pieces and move on.  Rub some dirt on it  LOL

My choice - I choose to be optimistic !!!

GOOOOO Colts !!!!!!!!!!

Gotta disagree with the bolded and underlined portion of your post.  Luck had no time to do anything all afternoon.  The first Ram touchdown came via a strip-sack fumble returned by the defense.  That's a testament to how little time he was given to complete a pass.  The next touchdown was a very bad read by a very good defender (Vontae Davis - got burned a few times last week as well) and had nothing, at all, to do with Andrew Luck.  The next offensive series saw Luck come out swinging and actually move the ball pretty effectively.  The refs picking up the flag on the pass interference was horrible and led to the punt which was returned for the third Ram touchdown.  Again, nothing Luck could do about that.  I told my son, after halftime, to watch for Luck to start pressing and the interceptions to start pouring in.  Unfortunately, I was right.  Luck wasn't perfect yesterday.  He sailed a few balls and missed some wide-open receivers.  He had pressure in his face for the entire game and, regardless of the QB's pedigree, that type of rush will make you look average to bad.  Of the picks he threw, none of them were inherently bad reads/throws.  Most were just really unlucky bounces and tips.  It happens.   

Bottom line, the entire team is to blame for that loss.  The offense couldn't protect the QB and, as a result, the QB couldn't deliver a lot of catchable balls.  The defense couldn't cover a rookie, punk receiver.  They were in good company, however, as the special teams also got torched by that same receiver.  The coaches didn't make the necessary, in-game, adjustments needed to stop the bleeding and we hemorrhagedYou'll have these games every once in a while.  In 2006, we needed Jacksonville to kick our butts and pound us for 375 rushing yards to wake us up and make us, finally, address our issues.  Winning has a way of masking problems.  A loss like this, if nothing else, will force the team to address the problems and make a more concerted effort to fix them.

I agree with the bolded.

I feel bad for the the fans that actually had to pay their hard earned $$ & sit through that crap in the stands, for that matter the last couple of home games.   At least I could turn the channel or go pick up my dogs crap in the back yard

The previous home game was against Denver, how much dog crap did you pick up during that one?

The previous home game before Denver was Seattle, how much dog crap did you pick up during that one?

I think you might be overreacting a bit.