Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rest of regular season game predictions

AllYouNeedIsLuck

I know it's not good to predict the future in an NFL season, but I'm going to do it anyway ;)

@ Houston- W. Many people are overlooking the Texans but they are still for the most part a pretty complete team with talent all around. Foster and Tate might be back, and they kept it close with KC in Arrowhead. That being said, I think Luck goes out and plays exceptionally well after a bye week. I think the secondary keeps inexperienced Case Keenum in check. Colts win but not by a huge margin. Somewhere from 3 to 10 points. Colts 6-2

St Louis- W. This is another good matchup and if the OL doesn't step up it could a lot closer than we want. STL showed they have a good pass rush against the Seahawks, albeit against a makeshift O-line but still, the Rams D is sneaky good. In the end though, I don't see STL keeping up offensively with Kellen Clemens and a very young offense. It also doesn't hurt that were at home. Colts win big but not too big. By 10+ but no more than 17. Colts 7-2

@Tennessee- W. Yet another tricky matchup. Titans have looked good at times this year but are very inconsistent imo. Locker is pretty underrated and gives his team a chance to win. Their O-line is improved with Warmack and Levitre so CJ may have a good game. Also, they rank 7th in opposing passing yards so they might keep Andrew in check somewhat. I still think we pull out a victory because were the better team but this could be a dogfight. Colts win by a touchdown. Colts 8-2

@Arizona- L. There has to be an upset somewhere and I think it'll be against the Cardinals. I could almost surely be wrong, and I hope I am. If there is going to be an upset, I think it is here because Fitz could be the X-factor. Arians is going to go all out for the win with his playcalling. Andre Ellington is a nice back. Also, the secondary can make plays with Mathieu and Peterson so I think they'll be a pick or 2, sadly. All in all, this will be a trap game imo. Colts lose very close game. Colts 8-3

Tennessee- W. We're not going to lose back to back at home vs. an inferior Titans team Colts win by a TD or 2. Colts 9-3

@Cincy- W. This will be one of the best game of the year imo. They have a very efficient and at times explosive offense with Green, Bernard, Sanu, and their 2 TE's. Defense is also very very solid and they do not give opposing QB's an easy time. That being said, I think Luck eclipses the 300 yard mark (Before Stafford did so, it was awhile) and throws 3 TD's, Trent has a decent game with a TD, and Vontae limits AJ Green. We won't want to lose 2 out of the last 3 so we fight hard all the way through. Colts win by a small margin in very good game. Colts 10-3

Houston- W. Game will be close until we break it open in the middle of the 4rd quarter. Texans will probably still have QB controversy. We just don't lose to the Texans at home. Not gonna happen. We'll almost surely find a way to win. Can't really predict margin of score here as it could vary, but we win. Colts 11-3

@KC- L. KC is gonna want it more. They will need a win to possibly win the West. We will almost surely have the division wrapped up and even though we'll be fighting for a better seed, they'll just play harder for the division possibility. Arrowhead is a tough place to play. Great defense. They'll scrape together a win as I think they'll play harder. Colts 11-4

Jax- W. Nuff said. We're not going to rest our starters at 11-4 and we'll try to get a higher seed (hopefully a 1 or 2). Colts 12-4

With a 12-4 record, the Colts will represent the AFC South and will hold a 2 seed going into the playoffs. The rest will unfold then. 

Post your predictions!! 

KC is going to want it more? That game should have seeding implications if everything goes to plan leading up to the game. So I don't buy that want it more notion

Not want it more, but need it more. We'll both play extremely hard and with urgency but the game being at Arrowhead and with their defense gives them a slight advantage. I still think were the better team though. 

@Houston - W our D is going to eat their banged up O alive

St. Louis - W we aren't going to lose against the '07 Jets offense...

@Tennessee - L The Titans have been good at times this year, they may sneak up on us

@ Arizona - W Their inconsistent offense wont stand up to our D

Tennessee - W We lose at their place, they lose at ours.

@ Cincy - W This one is going to be a very close game, but I expect the Colts to come out on top

Houston - L This is my true upset pick, with KC coming the following week we may revert to our tendency to play down to our competition. This will be Houston's superbowl...

@ KC - W we play down to the Texans, but we always show up for big games, this will get us rolling going into the playoffs.

Jax - W even if Luck gets benched, im pretty sure that Hasselbeck will beat these guys... Jax finishes the 2nd 0-16 season in league history.

Colts end up 12 - 4 with a good a good head of steam going into the playoffs.

Good points guys....

No predictions here.  I am a one game at a time analyst....practice for each opponent effectively, play the game at 100% to win, analyze tape...fix mistakes...come back and play the next opponent as if they are the best team in the league.

Let us hope and pray we do not have any more significant injuries.....for example Vontae...Mathis....Freeman...another RB....Cherilus and Costanzo.  

Go Colts...go win em all!   :pass:  :pass:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltsfb:  :coltsfb:  :colts:  :colts: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good points guys....

No predictions here.  I am a one game at a time analyst....practice for each opponent effectively, play the game at 100% to win, analyze tape...fix mistakes...come back and play the next opponent as if they are the best team in the league.

Let us hope and pray we do not have any more significant injuries.....for example Vontae...Mathis....Freeman...another RB....Cherilus and Costanzo.  

Go Colts...go win em all!   :pass:  :pass:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltsfb:  :coltsfb:  :colts:  :colts: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't even whisper of another injury..

KC is going to want it more? That game should have seeding implications if everything goes to plan leading up to the game. So I don't buy that want it more notion

I agree, as i think both KC and denver will split their season games leaving Denver with two losses and the Chiefs with two losses (after they lose to us that is) only thing is if both KC and denver lose only two games one being to each other and the other being to us how do they place them in the division? both would have the losses to the same team. would make for an interesting situation. as for the Colts we would have to hope that we can win out or not lose more then one more game (with our remaining schedule it really shouldn't be that hard) and that New England loses two more games which is very possible with games @ Carolina (sorry but i think the panthers can win that game, they are playing a heck of a lot better then what people give them credit for) Denver and @ Baltimore. that there could be a couple losses with just those three teams a lone. 

1) Indy

2) KC/Denver

3) Cinci

4)New England

5)KC/Denver

6)San Diego 

thats my picks for the playoffs right there. 

I don't see us sweeping Houston. We might lose to Cincy on the road also. I think we'll beat KC.

so you have us losing one against houston (with an avg - above avg defense) losing to cinci, but beating KC who has the number 1 ranked defense???  :facepalm:    I'll agree with losing to Houston once but Cinci and beating KC?? especially in KC where we barely won last year.

so you have us losing one against houston (with an avg - above avg defense) losing to cinci, but beating KC who has the number 1 ranked defense???  :facepalm:    I'll agree with losing to Houston once but Cinci and beating KC?? especially in KC where we barely won last year.

Well who would have predicted that the Colts would win against Seattle, San Fran, & Denver, but lose to Miami & San Diego...

Well who would have predicted that the Colts would win against Seattle, San Fran, & Denver, but lose to Miami & San Diego...

i did say that we would beat 2 of the big 3 in the first half, as far as losing to miami and san diego, Miami no way anyone would say that but San Diego was 50/50 because of how well they have played us in the past. 

i did say that we would beat 2 of the big 3 in the first half, as far as losing to miami and san diego, Miami no way anyone would say that but San Diego was 50/50 because of how well they have played us in the past. 

Weird how that works especially since San Diego has let many of their offense weapons go through FA &  have new coaching staff, &  the Colts are a completely different team...

While I didn't put any money on the San Diego game, I felt pretty confident going into the game,  up to the point where I heard the random stat that John Pagano is 7-1 against Chuck when their respective teams have face each other... Weird stats like that always seem to have some voodoo hoodoo effect on games it seems...

One prediction that I have is "don't bet against this team". This team plays to its competition.

I would not be surprised if we win at both the Bengals and at Chiefs but lose at Titans or Cardinals.  The bigger the game, the bigger this team plays.

The sad part is, we have seen it before with the Colts playing big in the regular season against marquee opponents and for a lot of fans, plus possibly Irsay, the destination seems to outweigh the positives of the journey. The first 2 years, when we have lesser expectations of a SB, it is easier to focus purely on the journey. Sooner or later, we will run out of journey equity :) and destination considerations will trump the journey.