Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis (-2) @ Houston

oldunclemark

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize the Texans are brutalized by injuries on both sides of the ball, right? They are likely to be without either of their top RB's, starting a rookie at QB, and the defensive leader in Cushing is out for the season.

Without Reggie, the Colt's passing game is an unknown, and that makes them a shakier favorite. Their strength is in defensive play, however, and against a raw talent like Keenum, you would expect a shutdown secondary to make some plays.

-2 is about right.

You do realize the Texans are brutalized by injuries on both sides of the ball, right? They are likely to be without either of their top RB's, starting a rookie at QB, and the defensive leader in Cushing is out for the season.

Without Reggie, the Colt's passing game is an unknown, and that makes them a shakier favorite. Their strength is in defensive play, however, and against a raw talent like Keenum, you would expect a shutdown secondary to make some plays.

-2 is about right.

Yeah Sky..I know Houstn is shorthanded but the Colts are without five offensive starters from the start of the year

Case Keenum isn't bad..his first start was strong..

We're like Seattle..much better at home

I worry we cant stop them running the ball...in recent years we rarely have

Yeah Sky..I know Houstn is shorthanded but the Colts are without five offensive starters from the start of the year

Their O line is nothing special this year, and you missed the part about their top 2 RB's likely being out for the game. Stopping them on offense is not a huge worry.

Sky..

I dont think they run well because of the backs..Its the O-line..which I think is better than you say.

It was against KC..did you see that game?

WE don't play well on the road and Houston almost beat KC at KC

...I think minus-2 will go down as the week goes on

KC has beaten most of their weak opponents by marginal amounts. They look more and more like a paper tiger by the week.

And no. Ask Houston fans, their O line is getting people murdered this year, and they werent running all that well behind it with their good backs. Keenum is more mobile so he can buy time in the passing game that Schaub couldnt, but dont kid yourself. The Texans are 2-5 for a reason, and its because their offense is poor.

Don't ask the fans..look at how they played at KC..It spoke for itself

Houston is home..Colts shorthanded on the road..

...Indy giving points is a bad bet

So a 5-2 team that has won by relying on the run game and good secondary play is now bad, and is going to lose to a 2-5 team with a bad offense because they are down one reciever? I know it creates major questions in the passing game, but that's troll logic at its finest.

Please share whatever you are drinking with the rest of the class.

Houston is stumbling but dont look them over.

This is a road division game and a huge one at that

If we win, then we basically eliminate them from the division title and that is pretty amazing 

There is great danger here, rookie QB at home could get hot if we allow him to sit back there and gain confidence 

Their run game could be back up with Foster scheduled to come back Sunday 

Win the line battle (Get hits on QB and Slow the Run) and it bodes well for us

Houston is stumbling but dont look them over.

This is a road division game and a huge one at that

If we win, then we basically eliminate them from the division title and that is pretty amazing 

There is great danger here, rookie QB at home could get hot if we allow him to sit back there and gain confidence 

Their run game could be back up with Foster scheduled to come back Sunday 

Win the line battle (Get hits on QB and Slow the Run) and it bodes well for us

...You have to total up the offensive injuries for the Colts and the home field and 2 weeks off for the injured Texans. Colts offensive injured wont be back. on IR

That's why the spread will go towards zero-0 as the week goes on...

Houston lost to KC by one at KC..and we're not rated as high as KC.

Its an even game...leaving fandom aside

So a 5-2 team that has won by relying on the run game and good secondary play is now bad, and is going to lose to a 2-5 team with a bad offense because they are down one reciever? I know it creates major questions in the passing game, but that's troll logic at its finest.

Please share whatever you are drinking with the rest of the class.

I didn't make the line, SKY-man

It is what it is, ..Minus 2 (minus 1 1/2 in a couple of places) but minus 2 in most

-2 is about right.

Why do people keep saying he's a rookie ?

Guest TeamLoloJones

Hes basically a rookie. He was taken in the 2012 draft just a year ago, and that was his first start after being 3rd string to Schaub and Yates his entire first year. Its close enough.

He wasn't drafted.

Hes basically a rookie. He was taken in the 2012 draft just a year ago, and that was his first start after being 3rd string to Schaub and Yates his entire first year. Its close enough.

Actually, he wasn't taken in the 2012 draft. And he was on their PS the entire year in 12.

So I guess I stand corrected and he is indeed a rookie. Do you think he has a shot of winning the almost rookie of the year award ?

Isnt he? DW..no

Maybe that explains why he was 15 of 25 for 270 vs. KC

Don't know if it "explains it " but no doubt there is a difference between a rookie QB starting the 8th game in a season to one that has been on the team for a year and a half. 

This aint your Momma's Colts anymore!

I would take that all day. I really don't see the Texans moving the ball on our D. Our offense has big play potential, even if we are less consistent without Wayne. It only takes one or 2 broken coverages to give us enough of a lead to win.

Depend on what defense shows up on Sunday. Hopefully not the one against San Diego

Yeah Sky..I know Houstn is shorthanded but the Colts are without five offensive starters from the start of the yearCase Keenum isn't bad..his first start was strong..We're like Seattle..much better at homeI worry we cant stop them running the ball...in recent years we rarely have

Colts lost to Miami at home and beat the 49ers on the road. I find it hard to believe they are "much better at home."

I'll guess we'll get a heavy dose of Ben Tate.

Oh, and if he plays.....don't sleep on Daji Karim!

That will be hard considering Tate likely wont play with his cracked ribs. Foster is questionable too. Well be playing the Texans with their 3rd string RB carrying the load.

JJ Watt is till going to be on the field... and that man is a maniac. So at least they have that which has to account for something.

JJ Watt is till going to be on the field... and that man is a maniac. So at least they have that which has to account for something.

JJ Watt in and Reggie Wayne out are the reasons this is even a close one to guess at. All the queations are about when the Colts have the ball. Colts D should crush what is essentially a rookie QB with a hobbled running attack. Just will it be enough?

One of those games where you don't know how the new kid is going to do.

Drops with WRs worries me on the road. But this game, unlike the Chargers game, does not have distractions ahead like the Broncos game. The team should be focused purely on this game and whenever they do so, they end up winning.