Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

***OFFICIAL RG3 EXCUSES THREAD***

jvan1973

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skip wasn't the only one, just the main champion though quite a few have subsequently done a U turn. Either way the media did its best to make it a Luck vs RG3 competition last year and there is still some Cary over emotionally I guess.

I am not sure today proved anything. The Skins were big underdogs and lost. Dallas also lost so the division is still right there for the taking. It is a real possibility that both Luck and Rg will be in the post-season again.

I know they do, but the guy needs to get a new schtick

My bye week avatar...figured I would salute crazy jim.

I think fans of Brees always feel underappreciated naturally. He is always fourth in the QB list behind Brady, Manning and Rodgers.

Great tribute to crazy Jim. This must be a beautiful bye week for him with the big win and all.

I am not sure today proved anything. The Skins were big underdogs and lost. Dallas also lost so the division is still right there for the taking. It is a real possibility that both Luck and Rg will be in the post-season again.

You said Bob wad going to light up that swiss cheese defense. The skins d even got him four turnovers. So.... What happened??

What a sad little thead that hopefully gets closed sooner rather than later.

I'm not going to start crowing as I've stated many times that RG3 is a "one read , run first QB , that needs a lot of work to adjust to the NFL game. I thought and still do think he's way behind Luck but what ever. Anyway... you've taken part in that discussion and many Brady - Manning ones. They always get a bit spirited and for sure some negative things are said about the QB's.  Why are you taking such issue with this thread. Is it because Ivan mentioned RG3 excuses ?

Certainly, I never said it proved anything, just trying to give an insight possibly into the (unhealthy?) interest in RG3.

You said Bob wad going to light up that swiss cheese defense. The skins d even got him four turnovers. So.... What happened??

He didn't. Not his day. He was also hit ad nauseum to the tune of 18 hits on 33 drop backs in the second half alone. In the end Denver's front line played better than I thought and Skins Oline was manhandled.

I'm not going to start crowing as I've stated many times that RG3 is a "one read , run first QB , that needs a lot of work to adjust to the NFL game. I thought and still do think he's way behind Luck but what ever. Anyway... you've taken part in that discussion and many Brady - Manning ones. They always get a bit spirited and for sure some negative things are said about the QB's.  Why are you taking such issue with this thread. Is it because Ivan mentioned RG3 excuses ?

I find the thread mean-spirited. But that's just me. Rg and the skins are not my Qb or team so have at it ...

Give me one credible person

Scheffter reported prior to the draft that there were teams who had him rated higher; of course no names were divulged because it was before the draft. A quick google searched turned up a few other articles from before the draft as well citing various unnamed GMs and scouts. That's more credible than Skip Bayless I think. :) Now granted the majority of people had Luck at the top, but the premise of my initial statement was in relation to this thread and how its primarily aimed at media/fans who are hyping him up - most of which have questionable crediblity...or none at all.

I am not sure today proved anything. The Skins were big underdogs and lost. Dallas also lost so the division is still right there for the taking. It is a real possibility that both Luck and Rg will be in the post-season again

You are joking ... right ? What do you mean by "today proved anything ?"

He didn't. Not his day. He was also hit ad nauseum to the tune of 18 hits on 33 drop backs in the second half alone. In the end Denver's front line played better than I thought and Skins Oline was manhandled.

Weird, that terrible oline seemed to open a bunch of holes for Morris. Also, the colts seemed to handle that d with a less than stellar oline.

let the excuses continue

Dude's gonna have a short career. Which is what I said before he was drafted. 

rg333.gif

"Oh man, I'm broken" ~ Griffin

luck-hit-10-7-121.gif

"That all you got? Come at me, bro" ~ Andrew Luck. 

We picked the right one, and only 24 games later it's becoming fast apparent. 

That's what I said also....

Certainly, I never said it proved anything, just trying to give an insight possibly into the (unhealthy?) interest in RG3.

Part of it is because RG transcends football. He is a black QB who is well-spoken, a republican, married to a white woman, magnetic, and plays an electric style. He perfectly fits the social/economic demographic of DC too. A city may not have had a QB that pefectly represents them as much as he does. To be honest, I am surprised he is not covered more ....

Playing devil's advocate. He got hit 18 times on 33 dtopbacks in addition to 3 sacks. His oline is pretty bad at pass blocking. Also they gave up on the run way too early. RG3 did look poopy throwing the ball though

True WC..when it was 21-21, they threw 3 incompletions in a row against a Denver 'D' that wasnt stopping the run

Scheffter reported prior to the draft that there were teams who had him rated higher; of course no names were divulged because it was before the draft. A quick google searched turned up a few other articles from before the draft as well citing various unnamed GMs and scouts. That's more credible than Skip Bayless I think. :) Now granted the majority of people had Luck at the top, but the premise of my initial statement was in relation to this thread and how its primarily aimed at media/fans who are hyping him up - most of which have questionable crediblity...or none at all.

My bad, I was thinking post draft/in season type second guessing. Greg Cosell I know had him rated ahead of Luck....maybe Jaws too.

You are joking ... right ? What do you mean by "today proved anything ?"

In terms of the Luck/RG debate. RG had the much better season last year then Luck and this year Luck is off to the better start after half a season. I still think the Skins will win the East and make the post-season. So today's game is just one more game in a long 16 game season.

My bad, I was thinking post draft/in season type second guessing. Greg Cosell I know had him rated ahead of Luck....maybe Jaws too.

ah...yeah no worries. Post draft all the second guessing came from fans and the 'Skip Baylesses' of the world...there might have been a few prominent names still in the Griffin camp, but I can't think of any off the top of my head and don't feel like digging. The people that still think he's a legit franchise QB (not counting fans/media) base it on potential with the realization that he's by no means a finished product.

I'm pretty sure it's the other quarterback in that game that gets all the excuses when he loses. People pretty much tell it like it is with RGIII who I am closer and closer to saying is a bust.

I've never seen a reigning ROTY get bust consideration eight games into his second season.

Give me one credible person

He's right . There were a lot of "credible talking heads" that thought RG3 had a higher upside than Luck. We don't know how the real football people , the head coaches and GMs , felt. But guys like Greg Cosell and others who liked RG4 better fit the bill. Where they were all wrong was they  underestimated Luck's arm strength. That made him not "the best prospect since Peyton Manning " but instead it made him as good a prospect since John Elway. 

Problem here is although they are good posters and good fans , the posters from other teams ...Quiz and those , really don't want Luck yo be a super star as he might dominate the AFC for years to come. Can you imagine how it would feel to be a Texan fan and go from a 37 year old PM to a 24 year old Andrew Luck ? I mean really... that would be brutal. So these guys and girls , along with some media (they love RG3 as he's a great interview)  are and will continue to hang on to this RG3> than AL because they so bad want it to be true.

Problem for them is this is the NFL and they  figure out how to stop a college offense and a college QB. RG3 has great talent but right now he's a one read , run first QB that the NFL is catching up with. Pretty much everyone but Baylis and those that are jealous of the Colts having Luck have given up on the RG3> Andrew Luck argument.

The Broncos hardly have a swiss cheese defense. As I've posted about a dozen times on here, they looked vulnerable the last 2 1/2 games when Woodyard was out. For much of the season they also weren't generating a sufficient pass rush. 

Today Woodyard was back, and their pass rush was good. Amazingly enough, suddenly they don't have DB problems any more.

But to your thread topic, this is the first time I've ever watched more than brief glimpses of Griffin, and I can't say that I was impressed in the slightest aside from a couple of good plays - including one where he improvised and jammed a ball in where it wasn't planned for, and couldn't be touched by anyone. But all in all a lot of bad decisions, overthrows, and some unnecessary sacks.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I've never seen a reigning ROTY get bust consideration eight games into his second season.

Uhhhh....Cam Newton anyone?

In terms of the Luck/RG debate. RG had the much better season last year then Luck and this year Luck is off to the better start after half a season. I still think the Skins will win the East and make the post-season. So today's game is just one more game in a long 16 game season.

He really did not have a better season than Luck last year. 

He's right . There were a lot of "credible talking heads" that thought RG3 had a higher upside than Luck. We don't know how the real football people , the head coaches and GMs , felt. But guys like Greg Cosell and others who liked RG4 better fit the bill. Where they were all wrong was they  underestimated Luck's arm strength. That made him not "the best prospect since Peyton Manning " but instead it made him as good a prospect since John Elway. 

Problem here is although they are good posters and good fans , the posters from other teams ...Quiz and those , really don't want Luck yo be a super star as he might dominate the AFC for years to come. Can you imagine how it would feel to be a Texan fan and go from a 37 year old PM to a 24 year old Andrew Luck ? I mean really... that would be brutal. So these guys and girls , along with some media (they love RG3 as he's a great interview)  are and will continue to hang on to this RG3> than AL because they so bad want it to be true.

Problem for them is this is the NFL and they  figure out how to stop a college offense and a college QB. RG3 has great talent but right now he's a one read , run first QB that the NFL is catching up with. Pretty much everyone but Baylis and those that are jealous of the Colts having Luck have given up on the RG3> Andrew Luck argument.

And the pot stirrer is back....why mention me by name and try to make it seem like I am some guy who hates your quarterback? You have no idea who I liked more in college or as a person between the two of them, nor can you assume that I don't want your quarterback to be successful. We are currently at .500 against Andy, why should I care that he is the next guy after Manning? Griffin was phenomenal last season and won ROTY for a reason. It's not just Texan and AFC fans, wise guy.

He has looked great, you're right. I hope he gets traded to Houston

No you don't. He's beaten Andy for the Heismann, ROTY, he'd be winning the division over him if he gets sent here. Not saying that we can't do that already anyway. :goodluck:

Guest TeamLoloJones

Cam Newton has never been called a bust by any expert or analyst I've seen on T.V. or read about.

Really?  At the half way point last year when his attitude issues really came to the forefront, I heard plenty of analysts talk about it.  There was a segment of First Take, "Is Cam Newton a bust?"

No you don't. He's beaten Andy for the Heismann, ROTY, he'd be winning the division over him if he gets sent here. Not saying that we can't do that already anyway. :goodluck:

So he's good at beating Andrew in individual awards, but not team wins lol.

Really?  At the half way point last year when his attitude issues really came to the forefront, I heard plenty of analysts talk about it.  There was a segment of First Take, "Is Cam Newton a bust?"

They called him immature of course, but no one ever seriously considered him a bust. He has all the intangibles, size, and more. His second season was bad in the loss column but his stats were not.

Not sure what you are trying to prove but the thead is an embarrassment. No RG fan or skins fan started a thread about how lousy the Colts looked just two weeks ago to the Chargers who are not the Broncos by any stretch.

Nah-- we had enough Colts fans taking care of that ;)