Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Espn first take on Colts vs Broncos

ColtsUrUs

I hate the way they downplayed Lucks great game. Skip and Steven says Luck really didn't do anything special yesterday to win the game. It was the TO's and the Defense of the Broncos that lost them the game. But they talk about RG3 and praise him on his play yesterday. I just shake my head at this show now. Turning to NFL network for the rest of my football news and highlights. 

I forget the name of NFL Networks morning show off the top of my head but they are not much better

Everyone is downplaying us. They make excuses like, Manning was too emotionally drained, or there were bad calls. No one wants to admit that the Colts and Luck played a better game than the Broncos and Manning.

Guest TeamLoloJones

We are all better off just watching the Fantasy Football analysis.  It seems to be the only coverage without some weird personal agenda against certain players and teams.

Luck looked awesome but, as he said, it was a team win

I know it's a team win because it always is but when you watch a show and they downplay a QB play on a win and in the next segment the praise another QB who did less or the same. It just makes me shake my head at times. 

Everyone is downplaying us. They make excuses like, Manning was too emotionally drained, or there were bad calls. No one wants to admit that the Colts and Luck played a better game than the Broncos and Manning.

So what? We won, they cant take that away. Some media types are not media, they are there to stir things up, thats there role to creat controversy. Its best to ignore them, they are not going away, we live in a media frenzy instant gratification age now, Heck I am just 30 years old and it was not nearly as bad 15 years ago as it has gotten now. Sure there were some things out there but with Twitter and facebook and so on and so forth attention seeking seems to be at an all time high, If its not media its some of these reality shows...Times have certainly changed

Andrew luck 3 throwing TD's and 1 running TD with zero interceptions and no fumbles. 200+ yards and not needing to just throw to catch up, I'd say he played pretty good for the situation he was in. Perhaps had the colts been behind all night, his passing yards would have been up but he didn't have to take the risky throws, he was better served in taking what was there and letting the defense hold serve because unlike last week and that ignorant coaching decision to punt it away and let the defense hold, they proved they could do it this game. Stats are for fantasy game play and not indicative of how well a player is always.

I forget the name of NFL Networks morning show off the top of my head but they are not much better

NFL AM. . . Granted I didn't get to watch the whole thing but from what I saw they didn't say anything negative about Luck.  A couple of the people on there said we are most definitely super bowl contenders.  

Nicole Zaloumis used to be a Comcast.NET sports anchor for NE, belongs in some trendy show or something not in sports

She's just there to wear short dresses and look pretty.  Seriously, no one asks her many questions or gets her opinion much because her entire value to the show is looking pretty on camera.  

Guest TeamLoloJones

What will it take to tell so called experts that the Colts are no joke? San Fran, Seattle, Broncos..... None of that is good enough.

And yet after the Jets beat the Falcons 2 weeks ago they were ready to crown them.

Why do you care if the media talks about us? Most of the fans rag on the media and call them *s or that they do not know what they are talking about. Then when they do not brag about the Colts it magically matters what they say.

Who give sad crap if guys like Skip says one good word about this team. We do not need the media to validate our team or how good the are.

I know it's a team win because it always is but when you watch a show and they downplay a QB play on a win and in the next segment the praise another QB who did less or the same. It just makes me shake my head at times.

True but...........they all were wrong..........and I guess they still are

That's enough for me

She's just there to wear short dresses and look pretty.  Seriously, no one asks her many questions or gets her opinion much because her entire value to the show is looking pretty on camera.  

sad but true, Plenty of women know there football out there, should get one of them

sad but true, Plenty of women know there football out there, should get one of them

NFL network pretty much does this with every show.  They have several female anchors on there and their job is to be eye candy and moderate the discussion.

I like the NFL network because they don't seem to be overloaded with bias, my biggest problem with them, although this would probably be true no matter what sports show I watched, is that they focus most of their coverage on the large market teams.

And everything I've heard from them has been fairly positive towards the Colts.  It just sucks because the Colts defeat some of the best teams in the NFL and the New York Giants still get more coverage for sucking then the Colts do for winning. 

I hate the way they downplayed Lucks great game. Skip and Steven says Luck really didn't do anything special yesterday to win the game. It was the TO's and the Defense of the Broncos that lost them the game. But they talk about RG3 and praise him on his play yesterday. I just shake my head at this show now. Turning to NFL network for the rest of my football news and highlights.

Can't be supprised. I've said time after time this is how lists gonna be. We could win out and win the Superbowl and it would still be excuses for the team rather than giving the Colts any credit. But you better believe if we had lost they will be talking about how bad we are and how good the other team is. And notice even though Den lost they don't really harp on them that much. Its just kinda forgotten as if they are fine. Had that been Indy though, you better believe they would have harped on us. Its the media. They are not and will never be fond of us ever no matter what we do as far I see and am concerned. But hey as long as we win that all that really matters to me.

You sound just like Pats fans. lol. Luck played a very Bradyesque game while his defense man handled Denver's Oline and receivers just like the Pats D did to Manning back in the day. Winning trumps all. Who cares if Luck is getting no love?

Sucks that we don't play the Redskins. I would've liked Luck to show them who's the better quarterback.

It's not even a debate anymore. People were all on the RG3 bandwagon last year. I think that even got to his head a little, being a distraction all off season and going back and forth with his coach. I remember watching a interview with Luck last year and he talked about proving it on the field first before all the endorsements and stuff. Now its happening, he is making headlines with his play and helping the Colts win. Even Stephen A. is getting a little tired of RG3