Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Beat Ourselves - That is all

HarassedOffTheSite

We dropped too many balls on offense and made too many penalties on defense.

It wasn't Pagano's decisions. It wasn't Hamilton's play calling etc, etc.

The players gave this game away. It's 100% on them.

Agreed.

Plain and simple....horrible execution and discipline up and down the roster.

And physically a very poor effort....which is highly disturbing.

I Agree we Beat ourselves this game. The chargers did play very physical this game and that helped them seal the deal. but if we would have converted those 3rd downs and had 3 tds instead of Fgs The score would have been 21 colts 19 chargers, Potentially....But This is the NFL and there is no time for the would of, could of, should ofs.

I agree,    But a lot of blame to go everywhere..

This was the TRUE definition of "a team loss"..

They just were not ready on MNF.     Why?

We dropped too many balls on offense and made too many penalties on defense.

It wasn't Pagano's decisions. It wasn't Hamilton's play calling etc, etc.

The players gave this game away. It's 100% on them.

Baltimore playoff game..    catch the ball and ???   

This needed to happen probably...      These young guys need a kick in the EGO to get ready for "the biggest game any of them will ever play" ......... 

Denver vs Indy.......   next week..

Colts will get them ..      book it.

They put up a stat tonight that showed the Colts had about as many drops tonight as they did ALL SEASON. Yeah I would say that hurt us a bit

Fine. The Chargers won the game. Whatever.

I looked at the scoreboard.  That's what it looks like. I looked at the box score. That's what it looks like.  I'm watching replays on ESPN. That's what it looks like.  I guess I'm going with that.  We got taken out back to the woodshed and spanked.  We have issues to work on, from a talent and matchup standpoint.

Indy was flat, was full of themselves...      and guess what?   They lose.

Drops were huge but I was more disappointed in the D.    Why not get after Rivers?

Indy has had to deal with Pryor, Wilson, Kap, Tannyhill,...     the "future" of the QB position..  beat them all..

Run into a stationary OLD VET ..   and decide not to get after him?

I just do not get it......   Go down swinging not getting torched on 3rd and longs by Danny Woodhead and K Allen.

BLITZ       Do something.. 

And the PUNT?   When your D has not stopped the rain?    OK...

This loss is sad because Indy rolled into SD thinking they are as good as the record says.      Lots of work to do.

seemed to me, the Chargers punched us square in the mouth. That's why we either got hurt and were out of the game or heard footsteps and dropped everything.  maybe not full truth, but felt that way.  They beat us physically the way we beat SF and Seahawks.

Baltimore playoff game..    catch the ball and ???   

This needed to happen probably...      These young guys need a kick in the EGO to get ready for "the biggest game any of them will ever play" ......... 

Denver vs Indy.......   next week..

Colts will get them ..      book it.

We need to take it to them, not the other way around like tonight.  Hope home field and 12th man helps there.

Seattle did the same thing?

BUT alas...     Indy was at home...     

This is a very YOUNG core..     It will get better.   

the staff?   Man...  I am really struggling with some of the decisions tonight?

seemed to me, the Chargers punched us square in the mouth. That's why we either got hurt and were out of the game or heard footsteps and dropped everything.  maybe not full truth, but felt that way.  They beat us physically the way we beat SF and Seahawks.

You know, I have been reading this board for the past 5 years, give or take, and decided I wanted to share my opinion on this game. This is the first time I've ever voiced my intake. I've been a fan since 95' so please dont think I'm a bandwagon fan. With that said, I just can't believe how outplayed and out coached we were. Good game by the Chargers, I don't want to take anything away from them, but wow, did we take ourselves out of the game. Silly penalties, bad decisions, poor hands...we truly looked like a bottom level team today. With how well we have played the past few games, I really expected this game to be a great game for both teams, no matter the score. But we just looked lost. I hope things are fixed come next Sunday (which happens to be my birthday...come on, Colts, do it for me!).

Bey dropped a sure touchdown that would have changed everything. We needed that momentum with this being an away game.

Definitely would've changed the momentum...but that was 50/50 Luck and Bey. Little too far but I sure would've liked to have seen Bey dive after it. Ehhhh....Fleener's drop was the punch in the stomach.

You disagreed with my incredible insight and somehow came to the conclusion that our dropped passes and defensive penalties were not the reason we lost the game.

So why thank me?

So tell me, why did they drop passes? just didn't fell like catching them tonight?  Felt bad for SD?  Their D forced the bad plays. If those Charger Defense guys weren't out there, I doubt anybody drops a single one.

This was in no way shape or form in any degree a coaching problem.  Execution was the problem.  Now if you want to argue that the coachs didn't prepare the team then you may have a point, but the coachs made every call correctly and have shown that they usually put this team in a good situation to win.  So I'm going to say this is a young team and they did not execute. (Which is you watched the game objectively you would have easily seen...)

Bey dropped a sure touchdown that would have changed everything. We needed that momentum with this being an away game.

Luck overthrew that ball.  If DHB lays out for it, he makes a diving catch for a 1st down at best.  For Usain Bolt, it would be a TD. That's about it.  The others were drops. Except the pick at the end. Another overthrow.

This was in no way shape or form in any degree a coaching problem.  Execution was the problem.  Now if you want to argue that the coachs didn't prepare the team then you may have a point, but the coachs made every call correctly and have shown that they usually put this team in a good situation to win.  So I'm going to say this is a young team and they did not execute. (Which is you watched the game objectively you would have easily seen...)

Eh, I don't know. There were a few calls by the coaching staff (mainly the punt with 3 minutes left) that didn't sit well with me. I mean, execution was obviously a problem. But there were a few choices out there that didnt make sense. 

Luck overthrew that ball.  If DHB lays out for it, he makes a diving catch for a 1st down at best.  For Usain Bolt, it would be a TD. That's about it.  The others were drops. Except the pick at the end. Another overthrow.

Even if he had just layed out for it and got the first down it still would have been huge both drive and momentum wise.  He would not have even had to dive for it ... just kind of lean and then fall with it.  Although slightly overthrown that was a very catchable ball.