Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Beat Ourselves - That is all

HarassedOffTheSite

Monday Night Football Bro... 

Young team on the road...       recipe for an L.

So tell me, why did they drop passes? just didn't fell like catching them tonight?  Felt bad for SD?  Their D forced the bad plays. If those Charger Defense guys weren't out there, I doubt anybody drops a single one.

What I find amazing, is that even after playing such a horrible game, that there was still the possibility of winning in the 4th quarter.

The final score should not have been so close, we were dominated in every phase of the game yet there was still a chance.

You win as a team, you lose as a team, plenty of blame to pass around.

Almost every team in the league is going to have at least one BAD game, let's hope they learn from this and we don't see a repeat.

Still amazing that with a play here or there we could have still won the game, maybe I'm grasping at straws for hope.

24hr rule in effect, cheer or cry but move forward, Bigger Fish to Fry!

There was a lot of blame to pass around after that loss. The dropped balls, stupid penalties, overly conservative game management, putrid oline play, the power formation play action pass call on 3rd and 19, the defense... It was a team loss, poorly played and coached in every aspect. Except for kicking, AV was on fire

There was a lot of blame to pass around after that loss. The dropped balls, stupid penalties, overly conservative game management, putrid oline play, the power formation play action pass call on 3rd and 19, the defense... It was a team loss, poorly played and coached in every aspect. Except for kicking, AV was on fire

The coaching, the style of play and the play calling was fine. We didn't execute any of it. That's the only problem. #TeamAxeToGrind

Posted Yesterday, 09:08 PM

We lost this game, the chargers didn't win it.

Brian Casserly likes this Like This

MultiQuote

As a Seahawks fan I saw our meeting the same exact way lol

The media is wearing out the entire " victories over Seattle and San Francisco thing . You caught a SF team still finding its way and beat a Hawks team missing 3 starting o lineman , looks like the Colts bought into their own greatness

I guess this makes San Diego the team to beat now , oh wait they lost to the Raiders ? Are the Raiders the team to beat ?

Go Hawks

MultiQuote

The media is wearing out the entire " victories over Seattle and San Francisco thing . You caught a SF team still finding its way and beat a Hawks team missing 3 starting o lineman , looks like the Colts bought into their own greatness

I guess this makes San Diego the team to beat now , oh wait they lost to the Raiders ? Are the Raiders the team to beat ?

Go Hawks

A case of any given sunday if you don't show up ready to execute you almost certainly will lose. We didn't execute in any phase of the game except Adam V and his kicking. Luck had a few bad blitz reads, the backs missed some blocks, receivers dropped balls, DL got dominated, didn't set the edge, didn't cover very well. You can't play that poorly in that many phases and still win unless you make some very big plays...and we didn't. A lot of those were mental errors tonight. We weren't out-talented just outplayed. We are a better team but sometimes the better team loses....kinda like you were saying about Seattle last week. The NFL spent all weekend hyping Colts and Luck and we didn't represent ourselves very well.....brought us back to earth. We have to dig down and play tough hardnosed football and earn that respect back....next week will be the perfect chance to do it. We CERTAINLY will have to play much better if we are to earn that respect back.

MultiQuote

Go Hawks

If that makes you feel better, run with it.

Man, am I glad I read this thread because after watching the game last night I felt like the Colts got beat by a team that played better in all facets of the game. Now I find out that is not the case, the Colts just beat themselves... someone ought to tell them not to do that.

Ehhhh I doubt this thread is gonna do you any good. :)