Richardson Predictions (Seattle)

danlhart87

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i take it you didn't watch any browns games last year

A few yes.

Every game? No. I don't care about the Browns.

That's utterly irrelevant. I'm entirely aware of his TD #'s. I'm talking yardage. Not his ability to score inside the 5 yard line

A few yes.

Every game? No. I don't care about the Browns.

That's utterly irrelevant. I'm entirely aware of his TD #'s. I'm talking yardage. Not his ability to score inside the 5 yard line

he was running against a stacked box in his rookie season. He played very well last year

Get a grip.

Trent has done nothing here or in Cleveland to warrant the love.

And the Brown comment was a joke on my part. Apologies that wasn't clear.

You get a grip. The guy is playing his 3rd game with us tomorrow. He played very well for Cleveland considering. Ypc don't always tell the whole story. Sorry you can't figure that out.

he was running against a stacked box in his rookie season. He played very well last year

Misconception really, Yes he faced a stacked box at times but it was more oftent then not 6-7 in the box (not stacked)......What opposing teams did do consistently was have there Corners with there eyes clearly in the backfield and cheating up as Weeden was dropping back  for either pass or run (clearly not respecting the pass)...Richardsons longest run of the season was 32 yards (it was a great run he made a couple guys miss on the play) that also went for a TD came when there was 6 in the box

i take it you didn't watch any browns games last year

It's funny you should say that.  Being out of market I listen to Colts games on NFL audio pass, and then watch the games later on NFL Game Rewind (Colts at midnight on Sunday night).  So yes, I've watched about 9 of the Browns games from last year so far on NFL Game Rewind (you can watch a condensed version of the game in about 20 mins.. even less if you skip forward to when the Cleveland defense if on the field -- and you can key on Richardson the entire time).

I've seen 4 of the highlight reel plays and about 150 plays that look a lot like what you've seen with the Colts.   The highlight reel plays are on par with highlight reel plays you've see from Donald or Delone.

I'm glad he's on the Colts and am excited to watch him.   I like that he is young, durable, signed for 3 years cheap ($$), doesn't fumble much, and is elusive in open field.  I'm hoping for a breakout game, but am more realistic having SEEN these games, and feel those calling him stud/beast/star/elite/top-5 are probably the ones that haven't seen the Cleveland games.

It's funny you should say that. Being out of market I listen to Colts games on NFL audio pass, and then watch the games later on NFL Game Rewind (Colts at midnight on Sunday night). So yes, I've watched about 9 of the Browns games from last year so far on NFL Game Rewind (you can watch a condensed version of the game in about 20 mins.. even less if you skip forward to when the Cleveland defense if on the field -- and you can key on Richardson the entire time).

I've seen 4 of the highlight reel plays and about 150 plays that look a lot like what you've seen with the Colts. The highlight reel plays are on par with highlight reel plays you've see from Donald or Delone.

I'm glad he's on the Colts and am excited to watch him. I like that he is young, durable, signed for 3 years cheap ($$), doesn't fumble much, and is elusive in open field. I'm hoping for a breakout game, but am more realistic having SEEN these games, and feel those calling him stud/beast/star/elite/top-5 are probably the ones that haven't seen the Cleveland games.

he is none of those things.... yet. He probably has a lackluster performance today as well. But i expect big things for him in the coming weeks.

Richardson's best days have come against good defenses. 

I am looking at his career stats by game right now, as I have just adding the numbers in a spreadsheet, and his best games were against the Bengals, Ravens, and Chargers. The Chargers were not a good defense last year, but it was a 7-6 game and a Trent Richardson TD run was the difference in the game. 

Enter the Seahawks defense.

Do we have a back on our roster that ups his level of play against better defenses? If he does it today then it is more than a coincidence. 

Pete Prisco of cbs.com said he looked at the last Colts game a few times and said he doesn't see anything special about Richardson, I totally agree. He wont do anything against that Seattle defense, to me he looks like just an ordinary back, I think we got totally suckered into giving up our number 1 draft pick for this guy. All you guys that will probably cut me down about this, one thing you can't deny is his 3.5 ypc last year in Cleveland, and from what I've seen of him  with the Colts so far, I seriously doubt his ypc will ever be better than that.

still had 950 yards 11 TD's and no fumbles. 

Get a grip.

Trent has done nothing here or in Cleveland to warrant the love.

And the Brown comment was a joke on my part. Apologies that wasn't clear.

hasnt done anything in cleveland? 950 yards 11 TD's is nothing? and did it while hurt? Vick Ballard only had 814 yards and 2 TD's so i would say richardson had a better rookie year. and in no way is this a bashing on ballard because i do like ballard, but to say richardson did nothing in cleveland when he was 50 yards shy of a 1,000 yards is ludicrous. 

hasnt done anything in cleveland? 950 yards 11 TD's is nothing? and did it while hurt? Vick Ballard only had 814 yards and 2 TD's so i would say richardson had a better rookie year. and in no way is this a bashing on ballard because i do like ballard, but to say richardson did nothing in cleveland when he was 50 yards shy of a 1,000 yards is ludicrous. 

He wasn't saying it's nothing.. he said it was "nothing to warrant the love".. like the superstar/stud/beast talk.

The 1,000 yard season can be a little misleading.  It at least shows that a back is durable enough to gain the yards, but it's not necessarily indicative of a great season.

1,000 yards on 400 carries would be poor  (2.5 ypc)

1,000 yards on 300 carries would be below average (3.33 ypc)

1,000 yards on 250 carries would be average-good  (4.0 ypc)

1,000 yards on 200 carries would be very good (5.0 ypc)

That's why yards per carry is a better stat to look at.  NFL running backs average about 4 yards per carry.

As Patrick Daugherty of Rotoworld pointed out, Richardson simply isn't finding and hitting holes quickly enough, and it's ended in far too many runs for no gain. 

But there's a flip side to the argument, as the Colts haven't put Richardson in the best situations to succeed. During a film study of the Jacksonville game, I found that Richardson ran behind a fullback on 15 of his 20 carries. On those carries, the Jaguars' defense tended to play the run first, and Richardson gained just 2.5 yards per carry.

On the five carries that he obtained without a fullback, Richardson averaged 4.5 yards per carry. 

While the circumstances don't excuse Richardson for poor vision and decisiveness at times, they do give us a hint as to how the Colts are using him: to set up defenses. Defenses become much more wary of the run with a fullback in the game, and the Colts are taking advantage of that. 

With a fullback on the field, the Colts averaged 10.4 yards per passing play, while just 6.3 without against Jacksonville. Whether it was using play-action or not, the Colts were able to have a lot of success through the air when the fullback was on the field, and Richardson's ability/willingness to take a beating on the ground is a part of that. 

from bleacher report its hard for him

I tried to tell all Colts fans you were ripped off, but oh no you had to have it your way..

TR is average at best, you guys that like to do your home work go back and watch any game he played in and watch him dance and miss huge holes...He lacks instincts and football smarts...................

Lets be real honest the Colts were had.......

I had guys TRY to tell me it was coaching it was 8-9 in the box but its not he just isn't very good............

Upbeat

I tried to tell all Colts fans you were ripped off, but oh no you had to have it your way..

TR is average at best, you guys that like to do your home work go back and watch any game he played in and watch him dance and miss huge holes...He lacks instincts and football smarts...................

I had guys TRY to tell me it was coaching it was 8-9 in the box but its not he just isn't very good............

Upbeat

Real shame, barely even beat a superbowl favorite with him in the starting lineup.  That clutch third down pickup with 3 broken tackles was the laziest display I've ever seen.  And I really wish he'd stop picking up all those opposing blitzes.  He's only been in the system for three weeks, does he really need to rub it in like that.

Please can we have our bottom of the first round pick back, prty plz?  Maybe we can draft somebody and then trade them the following year for an even lower pick.  Hey, it worked for the Browns.

I tried to tell all Colts fans you were ripped off, but oh no you had to have it your way..

Upbeat

Us ripped of?

Cleveland is not going to get a low pick from their own team, let alone our number 1. Have fun watching your GM trade both those picks to get into the Johnny Football sweepstakes.

Real shame, barely even beat a superbowl favorite with him in the starting lineup.  That clutch third down pickup with 3 broken tackles was the laziest display I've ever seen.  And I really wish he'd stop picking up all those opposing blitzes.  He's only been in the system for three weeks, does he really need to rub it in like that.

Please can we have our bottom of the first round pick back, prty plz?  Maybe we can draft somebody and then trade them the following year for an even lower pick.  Hey, it worked for the Browns.

The DREAM lives on glad to hear it I'll check back in a few weeks after he runs up a few more solid 20 for 60 performances and see if you still think he was worth much of anything.... 

Upbeat

You guys are way off on the "Stacked box" misconceptions. Richardson did not face that many "stacked" boxes. In fact he was well below the league average in that respect. In fact your own Donald Brown and Ballard faced more men in the box. 

Here's the proof. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/08/facing-eight-in-the-box/

Nice catch. I always value the opinions of fans who are familiar with a given player, so, in your opinion, why was/is Trent's YPC so low for such a physically gifted runner? 

Poor blocking? Poor vision/instinct? A little of both? 

Nice catch. I always value the opinions of fans who are familiar with a given player, so, in your opinion, why was/is Trent's YPC so low for such a physically gifted runner? 

Poor blocking? Poor vision/instinct? A little of both? 

It's instincts and vision without question. You should go into the other T-rich thread running and check out my post in there, I posted photos showing his lack of instinctual running. 

http://forums.colts.com/topic/21441-my-take-on-t-rich/page-2#entry589831

It's instincts and vision without question. You should go into the other T-rich thread running and check out my post in there, I posted photos showing his lack of instinctual running. 

http://forums.colts.com/topic/21441-my-take-on-t-rich/page-2#entry589831

Same kind of thing I've noticed so far in his short stay here in Indy. 

I still stand as a supporter of the trade. Many teams pick high in the first each year and, as history judges said picks, they get little to nothing for the selection. It's becoming fast apparent that CLE will get, at best a 20th pick for TR. 

Instinct is coachable because one can always hone their instincts. Vision improves when one learns what to look for. i.e. Players like Peyton Manning learned better vision and instinct over time. The same phenomenon translates to the RB position. 

Trent has the intangibles. Physicality, smarts, attitude, hands etc. I described TR as a terrific closer a few weeks ago. A few days ago, against SEA, he did just that. Is that 1st round value? Can be, sure. IMHO....dude just needs to be better coached. A tactic that may take some time. 

I feel both parties walk away clean in this deal.