Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson Predictions (Seattle)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are way off on the "Stacked box" misconceptions. Richardson did not face that many "stacked" boxes. In fact he was well below the league average in that respect. In fact your own Donald Brown and Ballard faced more men in the box.

Here's the proof.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/08/facing-eight-in-the-box/

Thank you. Now people can shut up about the whole "stacked box" theory that's rampant around here

Thank you. Now people can shut up about the whole "stacked box" theory that's rampant around here

You guys are way off on the "Stacked box" misconceptions. Richardson did not face that many "stacked" boxes. In fact he was well below the league average in that respect. In fact your own Donald Brown and Ballard faced more men in the box. 

Here's the proof. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/08/facing-eight-in-the-box/

One of Richardson’s biggest problems has been facing eight defensive players in the box too often. By defining players in the box as all defensive linemen, linebackers and safeties within eight yards of the line of scrimmage, Richardson faced eight or more men on the box on 52.6 percent of his carries. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/18/fantasy-reaction-richardson-traded-to-the-colts/

One of Richardson’s biggest problems has been facing eight defensive players in the box too often. By defining players in the box as all defensive linemen, linebackers and safeties within eight yards of the line of scrimmage, Richardson faced eight or more men on the box on 52.6 percent of his carries.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/18/fantasy-reaction-richardson-traded-to-the-colts/

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

that is not true

That's from two games this season with the Browns without Josh Gordon. The link I posted was from an entire years worth of carries with The Browns. Who's link carries more weight? 

Did you really just link a fantasy football article?

Do you waver back and forth like your hero Pete Prisco ? Here's something I found from last year.

"Last Sunday against San DiegoBrowns running back Trent Richardson looked like the guy the Browns expected when they drafted him third overall in the 2012 draft. He ran over and around tacklers."

"His 26-yard touchdown run was an impressive display of making tacklers miss, and turning what should have been a short gain into a touchdown run."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/20777641/petes-pics-trent-richardson-makes-tacklers-miss

Don't take this as an insult dw49, I always like your posts and usually agree with a large percentage of them but I fail to understand how that is wavering.  He watched a game and gave his assessment of TRich's performance in that game.  Then he watched another game and gave his assessment of TRich's performance in that game (or group of games).

That's not wavering, IMO, that is not letting preconceived ideas get in the way of his assessment.  And how anyone can say Richardson has been anything other than ordinary in his time with the Colts is beyond me.  Yes there are reasons for it, and yes there are some things about his game that are positive but overall his performance has been average.  Ofcourse, unlike some, I am not going to decide if the trade was good or bad until next year.

Don't take this as an insult dw49, I always like your posts and usually agree with a large percentage of them but I fail to understand how that is wavering.  He watched a game and gave his assessment of TRich's performance in that game.  Then he watched another game and gave his assessment of TRich's performance in that game (or group of games).

That's not wavering, IMO, that is not letting preconceived ideas get in the way of his assessment.  And how anyone can say Richardson has been anything other than ordinary in his time with the Colts is beyond me.  Yes there are reasons for it, and yes there are some things about his game that are positive but overall his performance has been average.  Ofcourse, unlike some, I am not going to decide if the trade was good or bad until next year.

Point taken. I thought about that post a while after I wrote and realized it wasn't too good. 

TRich just needs better coaching at the NFL level. People never put enough emphasis on the importance of positional coaching at the NFL level. It is my belief that he'll get the right attention and coaching here in Indy. 

Cleveland's utter failure over such a long period of time says much about their coaching. It's no surprise when great talents get nowhere in under Cleveland's tutelage. 

That's from two games this season with the Browns without Josh Gordon. The link I posted was from an entire years worth of carries with The Browns. Who's link carries more weight? 

Source? I believe you're incorrect, because the article mentions that TRich had 42 carries 11 personnel and at the time of this article he had only 31 carries overall.

Did you really just link a fantasy football article?

I fail to see how this is relevant.