Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This was on the Jags forum..

AllYouNeedIsLuck

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only person I feel sympathy for is Maurice Jones-Drew. A strong, smart, low center of gravity RB who will never compete for a ring much less win one. Money is nice, but I'd want NFL immortality baby! 

I don't feel bad for MJD. He is partly to blame for his teams decline. History has shown us what RBs do to teams when they hold out. It was all about him.

"For me, it got to the point where I wasn't going to be traded. Obviously, they weren't going to pay me."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8330737/jacksonville-jaguars-rb-maurice-jones-drew-ends-holdout-sunday

They paid him 5 million last year to run for 400 yards. He is getting another 5 million this season to do about the same thing. 

So no. I do not feel bad for him.

I think I could name who posted this on their forum without even looking, every forum has "that guy" so let's not read too much into it. It is quite funny however how they're talking up Bridgewater before they've even drafted him, I would love it if they passed on Bridgewater and went Clowney instead. Gabbert for another season would just be too much :P 

"Although this Sunday we got absolutely rocked, I have to say I'm very unimpressed with colts and their organization. Andrew Luck looks about as average as anyone can be and Trent Richardson looks like just another guy. They spent a first round pick on him and Bradshaw and brown have looked better. They also spent their first pick on Werner which is just laughable. The colts new gm looks like another polian which is great news for everybody in the division. 

With that being said I feel pretty confident about our chances of starting our reign over the whole afc south in two years. We will have the best qb and reciever in the division with bridgewater and Blackmon and Caldwell really seems to know what he's doing. The arrow is pointing down for the colts and the jags is definitely going up. "

LOL I can't even. Andrew Luck average? Jags reigning over the AFC? Best QB and WR? Arrow going down for us? 

lmao the comedy you hear out there is outstanding 

We could find plenty of posts on this forum that are just as outrageous.  We had the "Same bad O and D" after a quarter of the first preseason game.  Pep being fired after a half of the first game.  AV being let go for missing a 50+ yard FG.  And don't forget all the grief DHB got for dropping a couple passes in practice.

Remember what 'fan' is short for.

I haven't really seen Bridgewater play, but is he really that good?

Not even close to being good. He's going to struggle badly when he makes the jump to the NFL. No more FCS teams for you homie... He's never had to play against a great defense and never will having played in C-USA/AAC. If Bridgewater goes before Aaron Murray or Manziel, and they are on the board at the time, that GM should be fired IMMEDIATELY.

Florida wasn't that great on D last year and he did decent against them in the bowl game but that's the toughest he's faced.

The only person I feel sympathy for is Maurice Jones-Drew. A strong, smart, low center of gravity RB who will never compete for a ring much less win one. Money is nice, but I'd want NFL immortality baby!

True, MJD is always fun to watch. Has he even seen a playoff game? I can't remember.

True, MJD is always fun to watch. Has he even seen a playoff game? I can't remember.

I believe the Jags went 11-5 or 12-4 in 07 and lost to the Patriots in the divisional round. MJD will be on a better team next year I believe, as I think the Jags will unload him for picks or cut him next year.

What a bunch of poor sports.

What grabs my eye is that they are saying they will be in the Superbowl before the Colts will. LOL I love that they have strong will and hope to do this but that isn't going to happen.

"bunch"? If you follow the link to the forum you'll see that no-one agreed with the OP.

It's just an over-the-top hyper-optimist comment from a Jags fan on a Jags board. We get similar nonsense on here everyday.

It is quite funny however how they're talking up Bridgewater before they've even drafted him,

About as funny as when Colts fan's were talking up Luck in 2011. When your team is THAT bad you need something to look forward to.

who are you talking about?

Can't help but notice that one of the regulars here is established there - and another Colts fan with an unknown name has a similar post count.

Hmmm. Anyone who has a problem with some of our resident "foreign" fans should note that it goes both ways.

About as funny as when Colts fan's were talking up Luck in 2011. When your team is THAT bad you need something to look forward to.

Very true, but I don't think there was much doubt we were taking Luck if we had the pick, the only reason we wouldn't would have been if we were keeping Manning. A win win really, however it's a bit early for the Jags to know/think they will be picking at 1, though they do look odds on. Even then Bridgewater might not be the out and out leader in that QB class. 

Point taken though, they need something to talk about that isn't discussing train wrecks, I have a modicum of sympathy :P 

Co-incidentally, v v v v v v

I'm taking them to town over there, don't you worry. :P

I've been on that board for a while, they have some nut cases over there. Not all of them obviously, but some are clueless.

Very true, but I don't think there was much doubt we were taking Luck if we had the pick, the only reason we wouldn't would have been if we were keeping Manning. A win win really, however it's a bit early for the Jags to know/think they will be picking at 1, though they do look odds on. Even then Bridgewater might not be the out and out leader in that QB class. 

Point taken though, they need something to talk about that isn't discussing train wrecks, I have a modicum of sympathy :P

Sadly, it's hard to imagine someone else being worse at this point. I thought that the Browns were trying to compete with them, but that's taken a strange turn.

The difference between them and us in 2011 is that there isn't such a clear choice at QB. They WANT to replicate what the Colts did, they may just as easily end up with "the next Geno Smith".

Sadly, it's hard to imagine someone else being worse at this point. I thought that the Browns were trying to compete with them, but that's taken a strange turn.

The difference between them and us in 2011 is that there isn't such a clear choice at QB. They WANT to replicate what the Colts did, they may just as easily end up with "the next Geno Smith".

One of the best things that ever happened to Geno Smith was not being taken in the first round.

Anyway the Jags have their man on already in Gabbert, or that's what Bradley says :P

Im sure ill get blasted for this, but i dont think its far-fetched for other fans to see Luck as an "average" quarterback right now. Hes got a lot of flaws that we all overlook for the simple fact that hes OUR quarterback. Last year he was a turnover machine, although hes very improved this year with that. Hes been pretty bad in the red zone when PASSING (i know hes had several red zone rushing TDs), and his accuracy isnt the greatest, especially on deep passes.

Dont get me wrong, hes still a heck of a player. I love his pocket presence and rushing ability, and hes about as clutch as it gets. I just think most of us only look at Luck through blue and white colored glasses. If he played for another team we would probably think the same way this Jags fan does. He came into the league almost guaranteed to be the next Peyton Manning and right now hes just not there. Will he get there eventually? Theres not a doubt in my mind. I just dont think its blasphemous for other fans to see Luck a different way than we do.

Dont count the Giants out. They look awful enough to take a #1 pick this year. The Steelers have a nice shot at it too.

I can see the Giants trading down for more picks if they get #1, but the Steelers might say bye bye to big ben and start over from scratch.

Im sure ill get blasted for this, but i dont think its far-fetched for other fans to see Luck as an "average" quarterback right now. Hes got a lot of flaws that we all overlook for the simple fact that hes OUR quarterback. Last year he was a turnover machine, although hes very improved this year with that. Hes been pretty bad in the red zone when PASSING (i know hes had several red zone rushing TDs), and his accuracy isnt the greatest, especially on deep passes.

Dont get me wrong, hes still a heck of a player. I love his pocket presence and rushing ability, and hes about as clutch as it gets. I just think most of us only look at Luck through blue and white colored glasses. If he played for another team we would probably think the same way this Jags fan does. He came into the league almost guaranteed to be the next Peyton Manning and right now hes just not there. Will he get there eventually? Theres not a doubt in my mind. I just dont think its blasphemous for other fans to see Luck a different way than we do.

The bolded always makes me shake my head. I don't see very many people overlooking Luck's flaws. We pick him apart more than anyone else does.

But a balanced observation of him -- even relative to the astronomical pre-draft projections -- has to include the fact that he's played 21 games in the NFL so far. People who were calling him the next Peyton Manning were already over-projecting, but if they're expecting him to be that good already, there's really something wrong with them. (It's at this point that I'll mention that Luck's rookie season was, in many respects, better than Manning's; that doesn't mean he was or is better.) He's still very young and inexperienced, and has a ton of development to do before we know how good he can ultimately be. Calling him average is like biting into a piece of fruit before it's ripened. 

That having been said, his play through 21 games places him very firmly in the top half of the league, and his arrow is pointing up. 

And this entire topic is incredibly absurd, coming from anyone associated with the Jaguars at this time. A Jags fan not impressed with a 34 point beatdown, in their house? HA! I agree, but only because I think we could have scored another couple of touchdowns if we had played better in the red zone. We should have hung 50 on them, and they shouldn't have scored the cheap three points we gifted them with the turnover.

I like this from SI's power rankings this week:

How bad has this start been? If the Jaguars got to count all the points they had scored in 2013 as a cumulative tally, they still would have lost in Week 3 to Seattle and in Week 4 to Indianapolis.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20131002/nfl-power-rankings-week-4-denver-broncos/#ixzz2gb4grWVH

I don't understand

First time in my life I've tried using a very common internet gesture.

The v v v v v v  are arrows pointing down to the quote below from Coltswarriors. That's the member that I was referring to, and co-incidentally he was talking about his presence on that forum in the quote.