Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

General thoughts on the SF game [Merge]

Bradley Prentice

Defense looked Great! Can you imagine if Landry was there though Howell played lights out!

Special Teams looked Great got to love those great punts!

Offense... Well let's see! AC should get mad props for his work on Aldon, Thorton looked good! And everyone did a great job!

I'm so glad we Have Luck oh and btw you have to give mad props to the run game... Reggie had a great game

2 things I want to point out: DHB had a good game, quietly but he made some big plays.

Last but not least through 3 Games... Luck has one turnover! The Run game plus a good defense make an immense difference, I feel like we on the road out 49ers the 49ers!!! Enjoy the day Colts Fans this is the start of something great!

We smashed the mouth of the kings of smash mouth..

I cant wait for Seattle to get to Indy...we can take them too..

okay lets not sound too confident yet! Lets make this a game to game planning and take on the Jags first! Divisionals are most important.

They ARE NOT TEH KINGS OF SMASHMOUTH...    

I posted this in several other threads...   the MIGHTY Niners have been giving up an average of 30 pts a game for their last 9 played.    Including the Colts. 

They are NOT the defensive Juggernaut many seen to THINK that they are.       I might add the top 3 pass catchers for the Niners did not play today.   

Fantastic win on the road, and total domination...  but SF was hurting on O....  BIG TIME.

BUT WIN IS A WIN............................ 

YIPPPEEYEAAAAAGHAGHHHHHAAHAH

We smashed the mouth of the kings of smash mouth..

I cant wait for Seattle to get to Indy...we can take them too..

I'm sorry! I'm kind of pinching myself right now at how we just kept hammering those boys into submission.  Kind of makes you wonder about the statement Cary Williams made about them after the Super Bowl.  He called them "Fake Tough Guys".  The Niners are an excellent ball club so don't think I don't respect them but I'm surprised at how we imposed our will on them.

If our defense plays like it did today against seattle, we stand a legitimate chance of winning. And personally I would love to watch sherman walk off the field with nothing to say...biggest mouth ever

This team will beat Seattle after seeing what I did today.   @SF is BY far the bigger challenge.  

Who does Sea have on O that scares anyone?   They may have the worst WR corp in the NFL.     The Colts JUST shut down the most dynamic RUNNING QB in the NFL.    

Indy can handle Seattle..    Play Colt football and it's all good.

If we beat Seattle and 49ers, we should fear nobody...just a matter of executing. You can't overstate the importance of running on a team. It deflates them more than passing does and it tires them out in the 4th quarter. Man this is exciting.

I agree but the approach was different today, I think our Colts found their identity. Pass to open up the run, if the our Colts defense starts to shutdown the opponent, then start running the ball heavily. I'm thinking if the game was closer, the Colts would've passed more than run, like in the beginning of the game.

YOU sir hit the nail directly on the head....      and it aplies to EVERY team.

The teams that keep things tight are the ones that win.. .   

If we beat Seattle and 49ers, we should fear nobody...just a matter of executing. You can't overstate the importance of running on a team. It deflates them more than passing does and it tires them out in the 4th quarter. Man this is exciting.

This team will beat Seattle after seeing what I did today. @SF is BY far the bigger challenge.

Who does Sea have on O that scares anyone? They may have the worst WR corp in the NFL. The Colts JUST shut down the most dynamic RUNNING QB in the NFL.

Indy can handle Seattle.. Play Colt football and it's all good.

@ This

We ran that ball today like the 90s Cowboys!  The funniest thing to me was looking at Kaepernicks expression on the sideline.  He was looking like when am I ever going to get another chance to get on the field.  It was too funny!

I think every Colts fan knows that feeling.

No you really can't.  running the football is huge.  Not only for the reasons you listed, but another huge benefit of being able to run effectively is keeping our own defense well rested.  :)

This game was flat out sweet.  If we have found our identity we can beat anyone.  The balanced attack makes us very unpredictable and hard to shut down.  This game was a much needed morale booster for this team.  If we look at the schedule and notice that the Texans look average, Peyton is still Peyton. But he is gonna miss Clady. The Seahawks got a killer Defense, But if lynch is shutdown they can be beat.  The one team that we kicked down last year the Titans look very much improved with that Oline making locker look good.  If we play to our capabilities I'm guessing that we go 10-3 down the stretch.

I think we will beat Jacksonville, Seattle, and Houston.  I feel like we will have some problems against Peyton, although I do feel like we can win.  I'm still trying to gauge us against a team with a really strong passing game. Houston has a pretty good passing game too, but you can always count on Shaub to screw things up. A precision passer like Peyton I'm wondering how that will go, but on the other hand with this power running game we may be able to just leave him on the bench for most of the game maybe.

If our defense plays like it did today against seattle, we stand a legitimate chance of winning. And personally I would love to watch sherman walk off the field with nothing to say...biggest mouth ever

if we lose Sherman will prob say I bet you were expecting something a little more Lucky lol

This team will beat Seattle after seeing what I did today.   @SF is BY far the bigger challenge.  

Who does Sea have on O that scares anyone?   They may have the worst WR corp in the NFL.     The Colts JUST shut down the most dynamic RUNNING QB in the NFL.    

Indy can handle Seattle..    Play Colt football and it's all good.

seattle defense is far superior to the 49ers plus they will be getting back some f their pass rushers soon. seahawks will play us much tougher and use chip blocks and other cheap tricks. hopefully Richardson is running like bradshaw did today be then because we will need a complete game to get by that defense.

i couldn't believe what i was seeing last night.. colts pounding the ball, stopping the run/pass/read-option, o-line playing really good..

i have a friend at work who is a big green bay fan, remember him saying he was happy with how packers played even though they lost to 9'ers.. this morning i walked into the office with so much swag  :D

very proud!!!  :applause:

I agree but the approach was different today, I think our Colts found their identity. Pass to open up the run, if the our Colts defense starts to shutdown the opponent, then start running the ball heavily. I'm thinking if the game was closer, the Colts would've passed more than run, like in the beginning of the game.

Perfectly said Joker. Well played....

Pros: 

The O-Line was outstanding. Castanzo really took Smith out of the game! McGlynn really did well at Center and Link actually did pretty well too. I was definitely impressed. I hope that Grigs and Pagano realize how good this O-Line played together. 

The two headed monster of Bradshaw and Richardson was outstanding. Bradshaw really showed excellent vision and power, and T-Rich got tough yards when they stacked the box. Even Brown did excellent!!! <- I can't believe I just typed that :) 

Howell was a TERRIFIC backup. He's learning from the best on how to make explosive hits!!! 

Freeman is one of the best LB in the league. What a gem found by Grigson. 

Cons: 

Walden. Walden. Walden. He looks lost. I still don't understand what he's doing on out there. 

Chapman. I thought he was supposed to be a major stud? He got swallowed up a lot in the middle. I know he's essentially still a rookie, so I'll let it slide for now. 

I didn't think we had a chance today, and I had post it all week. I am more than glad to eat crow, and underestimated our Colts. Excellent win!!!!