Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw

oldunclemark

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bradshaw ran great behind a surprisingly good blocking line today.  Give Richardson a few weeks till he gets a feel for the blocking in front of him and lights it up.  Most of his runs today were into a wall because of his short time, but he at least got plus yards every time.  If the line continues to block this well, both RB's will be putting up great numbers which opens up a lot of play action and receivers will see more double coverage.  I hope the trend continues so we can beat teams either way.

Lol, you're gonna call me out about questioning the trade after Trent just got showed up by a guy with one leg?!? I wasn't even gonna say "told you so" but since you wanna try to call me out, why not? Trent didn't do Grigson any favors today in making him look like a genius for the trade. Our top back was on the roster all along, and the trade STILL looks like a panic move. And a bad one, at that

please explain why it was a bad move? he practiced for one day and had a 4 or 5 hour flight to try to learn as many plays as possible. not to mention he is learning a whole new offense. to consider him a bust after one game is crazy. 

He had a great game today. I really thought he was sufficient enough to be our workhorse back this season. He might just be our best back. He certainly was today

Gee, I wonder why.  When the other two guys are a dude who has been on the team for 72 hours and Donald Brown.

Lioks like the best RB on the team and it didnt cost a 1 to get him

There's no way we give Bradshaw that many carries if Richardson's not there. Now, Ahmad's not the only power back on the roster, so we can use him without being completely screwed if he gets nicked up like he used to. That's a win/win.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Lioks like the best RB on the team and it didnt cost a 1 to get him

Bradshaw will be here 1-2 years max, TRich is the future for a good 6-7 years. Having TRich learn everything he can from Bradshaw is a great thing, just like Hilton and DHB learning from REGGIE.

The anti Richardson task force better start softening their stance because he will be good and we will not regret this move. Our oline playing like this, will give him some holes to hit. The 3rd down and 1 that Brown didn't get in the first half, Richardson will get those in the future.

Lets give Trent Richardson a LOT more time.

The boy didn't even know the guys he was playing with..

......but Bradshaw's got to get his carries....he's a proven 1,000-yard guy and he showed why...

^^^this!  My biggest fear is that Richardson is given too many carries at the expense of Bradshaw as the season progresses.  I get that Trich gets more carries as he gets more comfortable with the offense, but Bradshaw proved today against a very good defense that he deserves to be in the mix as long as he stays healthy.

Lol, you're gonna call me out about questioning the trade after Trent just got showed up by a guy with one leg?!? I wasn't even gonna say "told you so" but since you wanna try to call me out, why not? Trent didn't do Grigson any favors today in making him look like a genius for the trade. Our top back was on the roster all along, and the trade STILL looks like a panic move. And a bad one, at that

I think you need to be more reasonable in understanding that Trent got traded MIDWEEK DURING AN NFL SEASON. It can't be judged as a bad move until next year or even a few years after that when the Browns make their pick and when he's played a season or two.

It's okay this team has no sense of direction and is doomed the rest of the season.

Richardson been there three days, he will be worth the first rounder. 

and spent half of that either asleep or in the air.

I thought the 1st rounder was too much for him and I still do.  But to be fair you can't really make many judgements of the trade from this game.  He's gotten almost no time to study a playbook that Bradshaw and everyone else has had since camp.  So at best he can do a couple simple run plays.

On top of that he's also not gotten any time to get to know his O-line and get familiar with their tendencies.

He's also gotten no time to play catch with Luck and get used to catching his passes. 

Way too early to judge this trade.  It's got to be tough as heck to find out unexpectedly you've been traded, jump on a plane, meet your new teammates, get maybe 2 practices with them and 3 total days with the playbook in your hand and then go out there and take on the 49'ers that fast. 

If he still looks like this after the bye week, then I'll be a bit worried.  But he was doing well to just take the field and not make any huge mistakes at this point. 

I will say this based on what we have seen so far if I am the Colts I think real hard before I just decide he is one and done with us.  Ballard is going to be coming back off of a major injury and there is no promise he will be the same back he was before he got hurt and if he is there is nothing wrong with having three big bruising power backs to run with. 

really???

he averaged 2.7 ypc.

you must have been watching a imaginary game.

Really this isn't fair at all for Richardson.  You can't expect a guy to change teams that suddenly, get 2 practices with their new team and hold the playbook in his hands for 3 days and be at full speed. 

How many yards did Willis McGahee average for the Browns today??  1.1 yards

8 carries for 9 yards.

I will say this based on what we have seen so far if I am the Colts I think real hard before I just decide he is one and done with us.  Ballard is going to be coming back off of a major injury and there is no promise he will be the same back he was before he got hurt and if he is there is nothing wrong with having three big bruising power backs to run with. 

With Richardson and Ballard on rookie deals there is no reason we can't afford to keep Bradshaw and have our RB group be Richardson, Bradshaw, Ballard. 

Presuming Bradshaw stays healthy and Ballard recovers well, that's a very deep RB group. 

No need for Brown now. 

With Richardson and Ballard on rookie deals there is no reason we can't afford to keep Bradshaw and have our RB group be Richardson, Bradshaw, Ballard. 

Presuming Bradshaw stays healthy and Ballard recovers well, that's a very deep RB group. 

No need for Brown now. 

I think Brown will be out and Williams will be the speed back next year.  It just comes down to how much you want to invest in the running back position next year.  Also the Colts have some other key free agents as well next year namely McAfee ,Bethea, DHB, and Davis.  I am sure they will try to keep at least two of those if not all four and can only tag one before we even get to Bradshaw.  If Bradshaw has a big year all it would take is one team to over pay for him and he would be gone, which you could say with any of those FA really. 

Richardson contributed to Bradshaw going beast mode today...made him show the team why he is not to be overlooked. Here's to hoping we have Richardson Bradshaw and Ballard for quite some time.

I'm not sure why so many people keep saying this. I'm assuming it's because people never watched Bradshaw before? He puts up games like this against the Niners regularly. And Richardson wasn't suddenly traded to the Giants before any of those games... 

This is who Bradshaw always has been. A tough fiery runner. He just needed a couple of games to get acclimated after not playing during the preseason.  Great pickup by Grigson.

people are saying bringing in a #1 rb motivated bradshaw ,that's just laughable!! then why wasn't he equally motivated when he was behind ballard? people are just making things up to justify their position on the trade. like some have said, give it a few games and then judge the trade.

Really this isn't fair at all for Richardson.  You can't expect a guy to change teams that suddenly, get 2 practices with their new team and hold the playbook in his hands for 3 days and be at full speed. 

How many yards did Willis McGahee average for the Browns today??  1.1 yards

8 carries for 9 yards.

what does this have to do with my post responding to someones post?

There's no way we give Bradshaw that many carries if Richardson's not there. Now, Ahmad's not the only power back on the roster, so we can use him without being completely screwed if he gets nicked up like he used to. That's a win/win.

'xactly.  Bradshaw has been good for us, but until he makes it through the season without missing any time for various things (which, btw, what was up with him dropping to the turf like a broken marionette early in the game?), I'm cautiously optimistic about him.  Having TRich and Bradshaw, it's like a security blanket for each of them.

I think Brown will be out and Williams will be the speed back next year.  It just comes down to how much you want to invest in the running back position next year.  Also the Colts have some other key free agents as well next year namely McAfee ,Bethea, DHB, and Davis.  I am sure they will try to keep at least two of those if not all four and can only tag one before we even get to Bradshaw.  If Bradshaw has a big year all it would take is one team to over pay for him and he would be gone, which you could say with any of those FA really. 

I don't think anyone will overpay for Bradshaw.  For an RB he's getting up there in age and he has an injury history to boot. 

He's not going to have a huge year this year because we will still be RB by committee for a while and then Richardson will eventually be seeing most of the snaps. 

The age thing really turns team's off, I know McGahee is a bit older but he was doing great with the Bronco's and it took until just before Week 3 of the regular season for his phone to ring. 

I don't think Bradshaw would be any more expensive for us.

McAfee is the only one of that group worth franchising anyways. 

I don't think anyone will overpay for Bradshaw.  For an RB he's getting up there in age and he has an injury history to boot. 

He's not going to have a huge year this year because we will still be RB by committee for a while and then Richardson will eventually be seeing most of the snaps. 

The age thing really turns team's off, I know McGahee is a bit older but he was doing great with the Bronco's and it took until just before Week 3 of the regular season for his phone to ring. 

I don't think Bradshaw would be any more expensive for us.

McAfee is the only one of that group worth franchising anyways. 

Oh I don't know the Giants would probably pay a great deal for Bradshaw right about now.  That's a joke for the record.

No I agree no one probably will but then again I didn't think anyone would over pay for Edge either and the Cardinals sure did.  With that said clearly Bradshaw is not Edge. 

They might franchise tag Davis but no way they would tag DHB, Bethea, or Bradshaw.  I think McAfee and Davis are the two they truly want to keep.  I get the idea Luck really likes DHB they just seem to have a lot of chemistry so if they can I think they are going to try to keep him and he's the kind of guy that can be developed into a possible replacement for Reggie when the time comes.  Bethea is going to be hard one because he's not a Grigson guy but man he is so important to what we do on defense I would hate to let him walk but he is starting to get older.  Right now I am pro keeping Bradshaw but I am not going to be blown away if we don't.