Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw

oldunclemark

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I don't know the Giants would probably pay a great deal for Bradshaw right about now.  That's a joke for the record.

No I agree no one probably will but then again I didn't think anyone would over pay for Edge either and the Cardinals sure did.  With that said clearly Bradshaw is not Edge. 

They might franchise tag Davis but no way they would tag DHB, Bethea, or Bradshaw.  I think McAfee and Davis are the two they truly want to keep.  I get the idea Luck really likes DHB they just seem to have a lot of chemistry so if they can I think they are going to try to keep him and he's the kind of guy that can be developed into a possible replacement for Reggie when the time comes.  Bethea is going to be hard one because he's not a Grigson guy but man he is so important to what we do on defense I would hate to let him walk but he is starting to get older.  Right now I am pro keeping Bradshaw but I am not going to be blown away if we don't. 

Bradshaw on a 2 year deal without a lot of guaranteed money would be good for us.  But we would be ok without him. 

I don't have a ton of emotional attachment to the players being a new fan, but I would like to get someone younger then Bethea in at the position but getting a young NFL quality starter is easier said then done. 

Odd that Luck says he has chemistry with DHB.  Up until today he's not caught a lot of passes.  But he came up big today with catches and drew interference penalties. 

Bradshaw on a 2 year deal without a lot of guaranteed money would be good for us.  But we would be ok without him. 

I don't have a ton of emotional attachment to the players being a new fan, but I would like to get someone younger then Bethea in at the position but getting a young NFL quality starter is easier said then done. 

Odd that Luck says he has chemistry with DHB.  Up until today he's not caught a lot of passes.  But he came up big today with catches and drew interference penalties. 

He's caught more than you think and Luck goes his way a lot and that included the pre-season which I don't know doesn't count for a lot but one of the few things I think you can tell in the pre-season is if a QB likes a WR if he goes to him a lot.  Also keep in mind when DHB went out in the Miami game the offense came to a stretching holt too.  Maybe that's just a coincidence but I don't think it is.  Don't get me wrong I think Reggie is still Luck's favorite target but he's looking DHB's way a lot. 

The guy arguing with you is just trying to pick a fight about richsrdson. Someone claimed he got 4ypc every run, you showed that he didn't. You're right.

i know. a lot of times i read a post i am going to respond to twice or more because sometimes i don't get the meaning of it right the first time.

Bradshaw ran great behind a surprisingly good blocking line today. Give Richardson a few weeks till he gets a feel for the blocking in front of him and lights it up. Most of his runs today were into a wall because of his short time, but he at least got plus yards every time. If the line continues to block this well, both RB's will be putting up great numbers which opens up a lot of play action and receivers will see more double coverage. I hope the trend continues so we can beat teams either way.

One thing I saw from Trent Richardson that I enjoyed was him pointing out blocks to his blockers. He looked great, and now we have that coveted one two punch most teams only dream of... I'm excited.

He's caught more than you think and Luck goes his way a lot and that included the pre-season which I don't know doesn't count for a lot but one of the few things I think you can tell in the pre-season is if a QB likes a WR if he goes to him a lot.  Also keep in mind when DHB went out in the Miami game the offense came to a stretching holt too.  Maybe that's just a coincidence but I don't think it is.  Don't get me wrong I think Reggie is still Luck's favorite target but he's looking DHB's way a lot. 

At this point Luck just saying he likes to throw to the guy is probably good enough reason to keep him.  

And nothing special on D, Aldon Smith's issues seems to have effected them somewhat. Bad choice to play him?

Well, they missed some tackles.

Play him? Yes, there is a process so it will be handled. He will start his road to redemption soon, very soon.

These QB`s like Andrew, will hurt you with their running, requires D`s to stay in their rush lanes.

I thought Smith backed off on his pass rush to play Team D.

Mathis actually started doing that after he had hurt us several times. First time in his career?

Kap couldn`t take pressure off with his running. Thanks Robert.

Well, they missed some tackles.

Play him? Yes, there is a process so it will be handled. He will start his road to redemption soon, very soon.

These QB`s like Andrew, will hurt you with their running, requires D`s to stay in their rush lanes.

I thought Smith backed off on his pass rush to play Team D.

Mathis actually started doing that after he had hurt us several times. First time in his career?

Kap couldn`t take pressure off with his running. Thanks Robert.

Agree with the Matthis assessment, on Kap's first run there was good shot of Matthis looping round the backside and being completely out the play. As the game wore on they were very much more disciplined as a whole on D in containing and frustrating the 49ers offense. 

Bradshaw ran great behind a surprisingly good blocking line today.  Give Richardson a few weeks till he gets a feel for the blocking in front of him and lights it up.  Most of his runs today were into a wall because of his short time, but he at least got plus yards every time.  If the line continues to block this well, both RB's will be putting up great numbers which opens up a lot of play action and receivers will see more double coverage.  I hope the trend continues so we can beat teams either way.

Single coverage i meant...

Agree with the Matthis assessment, on Kap's first run there was good shot of Matthis looping round the backside and being completely out the play. As the game wore on they were very much more disciplined as a whole on D in containing and frustrating the 49ers offense. 

Our Rookie safety was in the right spot and made plays at least as good Bethea did.

Nice to see.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I thought Howell was very impressive too, really there wasn't anyone on D who didn't step up one play or another. A true gritty team effort. 

Two plays that stood out to me that summed up the entire game from a defensive standpoint:

1. Howell's jarring hit on a third down pass that caused it to be dropped.

2. Bethea flying across the field and tackling Kap trying to run for a first down, also on third down.

I'm not sure why so many people keep saying this. I'm assuming it's because people never watched Bradshaw before? He puts up games like this against the Niners regularly. And Richardson wasn't suddenly traded to the Giants before any of those games... 

This is who Bradshaw always has been. A tough fiery runner. He just needed a couple of games to get acclimated after not playing during the preseason.  Great pickup by Grigson.

Agreed. I thought he was the best back we have had since Edge.

How you gonna feel if Bradshaw suffered a serious injury? 

The Richardson pick-up was pure GM gold. 

especially since we only gave one first round pick for the number 3 overall pick in last year's draft. to get a pick like that teams usually have to give up multiple first rounders with two of either 2nd or third round picks also. we got richardson cheap in my opinion. and he is under rookie contract for a couple more years. Grigs def struck gold with it.