Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Just Don't Get It..

The Colonel

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure this probably follows along with like.. 50 other threads out there, but I don't get why everyone is so down on this T-Rich trade. People have a right to be excited about it because the potential is there, does that mean that he is going to become the player everyone thought he was going to? No, it doesn't.. but guys, the guy is a Colt and until he gives us a reason not to be completely behind him and behind our front office, let's support the guy and get excited about the potential he brings to the team. 4-5-6 games down the road, if he is playing terrible then okay, maybe I'd get it at this point but right now, I just don't get it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not down on it. I think he is a perfect scheme fit for the team. 3.5 ypc will improve as he matures in the nfl and I believe will increase immediately in our offense. His contract is cheap enough. From what I have seen he is good in pass pro and solid pass catcher out the backfield. I am looking for him to make a few more big plays but I believe the colts have the most talented young offence in the NFL, in terms of skill positions. Luck, Allen, Hilton and now Richardson. If their development continues on this course I believe the 2014 and 2015 will see the colts have one of the most dominant offenses in the league.

Heck, even Fleener started to look good last game. If DHB and Da'Rick Rogers can live up to their touted potential then this will be the best team to watch in the NFL.

Saying all that, I still wish we had our first rounder, but I believe it will work out for the better.

He was overrated in college, and Cle was fortunate to find 1 team that was dumb enough to give them the pick they wasted back. If he ends up being better than Cedric Benson and Ronnie Brown I'd be shocked. Just the truth. Grigson should've started to rebuild this oline with a stud LT in the draft.I would've been against it if he traded away a 2, but the 1 is why why I hate it. Then people will say he went 3rd overall. So what. He's not better than Doug Martin.

He was overrated in college, and Cle was fortunate to find 1 team that was dumb enough to give them the pick they wasted back. If he ends up being better than Cedric Benson and Ronnie Brown I'd be shocked. Just the truth. Grigson should've started to rebuild this oline with a stud LT in the draft.I would've been against it if he traded away a 2, but the 1 is why why I hate it. Then people will say he went 3rd overall. So what. He's not better than Doug Martin.

I think he'll prove you wrong, and I hope you'll eventually  eat your words.  ;)   

"he was overrated in college..." ok sports fan!!!

I'll never understand it

I played with and against some guys in the NFL now and there's no way you will ever find me dogging a dude who has made it when I didn't..  get out there and go do it yourself if he is/was so overrated

Edited by Nadine
personal shot

:)  One significant inaccuracy however, I see at least 2,054 posts so far in a dozen or more threads. What I "don't get" is why this comment warrants yet another thread.

I apologize, you're right.. there have been a lot of people happy about it and more than likely, a majority.. I just have seen so many negative comments as well and I guess I let those overshadow the positive ones. My apologies and also my apologies for creating a new thread.

I apologize, you're right.. there have been a lot of people happy about it and more than likely, a majority.. I just have seen so many negative comments as well and I guess I let those overshadow the positive ones. My apologies and also my apologies for creating a new thread.

:no:

You haven't seen many negative comments from different people. It's only a handful of negative people & as you see above, Goodluck is the leader

dont apologize... the same people who say stuff like that are the same ones who say "gee i dont see what the big is, it is a message board" when everyone has a different opinion than theirs when they create a thread themselves.

but if it's not reflecting their opinion they are so quick to voice their displeasure

I have no idea WHAT you're talking about here. Did you ever watch Alabama play at all? T-Rich killed it at Bama, and if not for a few minor injuries his first season he would of had a lot more yards and touchdowns. I'm thoroughly convinced you have no idea what you're talking about ever and you just like seeing things you type out. This might be your opinion, but sometimes opinions are wrong, and yours is way out in left field.

Who's "everyone".

A significant percentage of the approximately 1,000 posts on this topic reflect people who about peed their pants in excitement.

I think in this case your point has merit because I think it's been a majority that liked the trade but can we agree that when someone says everyone that doesn't honestly mean everyone they mean a large group of people?  Like I said I think your point stands here though because I think the majority of Colts fans have liked this trade.  It's a very LOUD minority that doesn't like it.

I have no idea WHAT you're talking about here. Did you ever watch Alabama play at all? T-Rich killed it at Bama, and if not for a few minor injuries his first season he would of had a lot more yards and touchdowns. I'm thoroughly convinced you have no idea what you're talking about ever and you just like seeing things you type out. This might be your opinion, but sometimes opinions are wrong, and yours is way out in left field.

I agree. I don't understand where saying he was overrated at Bama comes from. Highlight tapes, game films.. doesn't matter, the guy balled out in every facet of the game. Alabama had a great offensive line, I understand that.. but Trent made plenty of plays on his own.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure this probably follows along with like.. 50 other threads out there, but I don't get why everyone is so down on this T-Rich trade. People have a right to be excited about it because the potential is there, does that mean that he is going to become the player everyone thought he was going to? No, it doesn't.. but guys, the guy is a Colt and until he gives us a reason not to be completely behind him and behind our front office, let's support the guy and get excited about the potential he brings to the team. 4-5-6 games down the road, if he is playing terrible then okay, maybe I'd get it at this point but right now, I just don't get it.

There are probably 5 Colts fans on this board who disagree with the Richardson trade. There may be 10 or so who have questions about the need. The rest of the daily members are for it.

Everyone, is a incorrect broad and blanket statement that is leading you to an incorrect conclusion. 

There are probably 5 Colts fans on this board who disagree with the Richardson trade. There may be 10 or so who have questions about the need. The rest of the daily members are for it.

Everyone, is a incorrect broad and blanket statement that is leading you to an incorrect conclusion. 

BlueShoe, read the rest of the comments please.. I realized that after it was pointed out to me and apologized. I will apologize again, as you are correct. Someone put it in a much better way a few comments back.. it's not how many that are against it, it just seemed like a lot because of how loud those that are against it are. I apologize again.. you are absolutely correct.

BlueShoe, read the rest of the comments please.. I realized that after it was pointed out to me and apologized. I will apologize again, as you are correct. Someone put it in a much better way a few comments back.. it's not how many that are against it, it just seemed like a lot because of how loud those that are against it are. I apologize again.. you are absolutely correct.

don't apologizeeee!!!!!!! haha

I read all threads in the order of the posts. The "everyone is against IT" is thrown around too much on message boards.

Not now but give him a year or two in pep's offence with all the other recievers and he'll be great imho. Can still build a good OL with lower draft picks or not even any at all. ie. Saturday

he is a good back that was playing for a crap team give him at least the rest of the season and maybe a little beyond before you start saying he is overrated.

I've watched a lot of Bama games, and I agree with you completely. T-Rich was a hoss and a half when he played there.  I'm not surprised that his production was not what everyone expected of him at Cleveland, but they didn't really have anything resembling a passing game for defenses to worry about. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do when he doesn't have to try to carry an entire offense on his back. He should also give defenses something to think about beside teeing off on Luck.

There are plenty of people who approve or are non-committal about the trade. The ones who don't like it are just a lot more vocal. I see that in a number of situations. One is more likely to hear about discontent than satisfaction.

There are some people quietly disagreeing.

Unsure about the draft pick that was traded

But yes, very few are very loud

you don't watch college football, that is obvious

Thank you for acknowledging your error. You're forgiven.

I agree. I don't understand where saying he was overrated at Bama comes from. Highlight tapes, game films.. doesn't matter, the guy balled out in every facet of the game. Alabama had a great offensive line, I understand that.. but Trent made plenty of plays on his own.

He balled out just like Ingram. Yeldon is better than both of them aready. By overrated I mean he had a beast oline and still came up small vs LSU and the other top sec teams.

See what I get is , if u stack the box with Ty and bay, we should kill u deep so in theory t rich should be balling and game that he is not luck should

Teams are going to be facing a pick your poison with us not unlike what they used to with Manning and Edge.  If you commit to stopping Richardson Luck is going to have open guys to throw the ball too and can use the play action pass.  If you don't commit to stopping the run that's less guys in there and Richardson will just chew you up and spit you out. 

Also no one is going to be able to convince me that teams didn't fear Richardson more than anything else the Browns had and I don't think they respected Weeden.  Teams are going to respect Luck and probably fear him more than Richardson.  This is probably the first time in Richardson's life that he's going to be on a team where the other team is more scared of the QB than him. 

He was overrated in college, and Cle was fortunate to find 1 team that was dumb enough to give them the pick they wasted back. If he ends up being better than Cedric Benson and Ronnie Brown I'd be shocked. Just the truth. Grigson should've started to rebuild this oline with a stud LT in the draft.I would've been against it if he traded away a 2, but the 1 is why why I hate it. Then people will say he went 3rd overall. So what. He's not better than Doug Martin. :troll:

dont apologize... the same people who say stuff like that are the same ones who say "gee i dont see what the big is, it is a message board" when everyone has a different opinion than theirs when they create a thread themselves.

but if it's not reflecting their opinion they are so quick to voice their displeasure

Talking about me? If so, wrong on numerous levels.

I've been here for two years and I've yet to start a single thread. If I ever do, it certainly won't be to express an opinion that has already been expressed a couple of hundred times in other current threads. My opinion on the trade had nothing to do with my response here. Normally I just ask the mods to merge threads like this, but this has happened so many times since the trade that I gave in to the temptation to speak out.

Regarding the trade itself, I'm largely conflicted. I'm concerned that this suggests a lack of patience from Irsay projected through Grigson. It reminds me of when Irsay was GM, and that's literally nauseating. It feels like a "win now" mentality which I don't think is justified. I don't like trading draft picks at all, particularly one which I had assumed would be used to select Reggie's replacement or a stud lineman - each far more significant needs than RB. 

On the other hand, I'm not qualified to judge Richardson's ability, I've never even watched him play. He's a Colt now, and the thought that he might be something special is genuinely exiting. Not much choice now but to watch and hope. The trade is a huge gamble that's going to define the Colts management far more than anything we've seen so far. In other words, it makes me very uncomfortable, and think that the guy has to play like Lynch for about the next eight years for the trade to be considered a success,  but I'm willing to entertain the possibility that he might, and I hope to find out that the FO knows what they are doing.