Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If it hasn't sunk in...

HarassedOffTheSite

We REALLY have moved on from what we did last year. And we've completely left the Manning era behind.

The Indianapolis Colts are a run the ball and stop the run team. We're a lot more like the Stanford Cardinals than last year's playoff team or any Colts team during the Manning era.

Serious changes that I'm not sure all Colts fans have grasp. Myself included.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the losses pile up, the Colts will be a mediocre team. That is something most Colts fans are not ready for yet. 

When is that going to happen?

Cause right now, we are 12-6 with a playoff apperance during the 1+ year Grigson regime, with tons of young talent on the roster due to his fantastic drafting, and now trading. 

Grigson's 2012 draft was better than Polian's last 5 drafts combined, I might add.

Would have liked the trade if it had not cost us so much. We have bigger problems right now than RB, and mortgaging the future that could help solve them is not the way.

How did he mortgage it? He spent it on a 22yrs old rb with 3 years remaining on his 4yr rookie contract. We avoid all his signing bonuses and what not(Browns paid him nearly $14mil for 17 games) we got him basically on a 3 year 6mil fully guaranteed contract.

Basically he is the same age if not younger than most 1st round picks, avoid big signing bonuses from 1st rounders, money saved can go to a free agent signing

We REALLY have moved on from what we did last year. And we've completely left the Manning era behind.

The Indianapolis Colts are a run the ball and stop the run team. We're a lot more like the Stanford Cardinals than last year's playoff team or any Colts team during the Manning era.

Agreed.     For better and for worse,   agreed.

But....   one very small nit to pick and it likely only interests...  me.....

They're the Stanford Cardinal (singular)  not Cardinals (plural)    Believe it or not, the Cardinal is for the color, as opposed to Cardinals like the bird that Louisville uses.     Sorry to go all nerdy on you....   like I said,  this one is strictly for we few Stanford folks!

We're few in numbers,  but diehards none the less!!    :thmup:     :thmup:

Agreed. For better and for worse, agreed.

But.... one very small nit to pick and it likely only interests... me.....

They're the Stanford Cardinal (singular) not Cardinals (plural) Believe it or not, the Cardinal is for the color, as opposed to Cardinals like the bird that Louisville uses. Sorry to go all nerdy on you.... like I said, this one is strictly for we few Stanford folks!

We're few in numbers, but diehards none the less!! :thmup::thmup:

Awesome!!! Did not know that.

I'm not convince we'll be a run more than pass team. We want and effective running game and getting Richardson is a step in the right direction. Need to add a couple more OL

Guest TeamLoloJones

Call me crazy...but for some reason I see the Colts having a harder time making the playoffs every year than in the Manning era, but when we do make it, we will make far more noise than back then.  This team won't be as flashy but it's being built to be a playoff cold weather team.  I love it personally.

Marginal players are always happy to be with a new team because otherwise, they are unemployed.   Top level players are usually hurt that their team didn't believe in them.  It will take him a while to get over it.

Well I hope it puts a chip on his shoulder to show the Browns that they made the wrong decision. 

Mortgage the future with a pick in 2014 that has a 50% chance to fail.

Really?

How did he mortgage it? He spent it on a 22yrs old rb with 3 years remaining on his 4yr rookie contract. We avoid all his signing bonuses and what not(Browns paid him nearly $14mil for 17 games) we got him basically on a 3 year 6mil fully guaranteed contract.

Basically he is the same age if not younger than most 1st round picks, avoid big signing bonuses from 1st rounders, money saved can go to a free agent signing

As Reggie's replacement is not on the roster, our O-line still needs help as well as the Defense, IMO, we needed to look in 2014' draft for another impact player.  Now, we have to wait until 2015. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

As Reggie's replacement is not on the roster, our O-line still needs help as well as the Defense, IMO, we needed to look in 2014' draft for another impact player.  Now, we have to wait until 2015. 

You are totally right....Just like when we drafted Hilton in the first round, oh wait...

I wouldn't worry about WRs right now. This offseason will be a field day for WRs. Kenny Britt, Jeremy Maclin and Hakeem Nicks are all possible free agents. I believe that since Grigson is a former O-line player and Pagano is a defensive minded coach they can unearth some hidden gems. They don't actually have a ton of immediate holes anymore.

You are totally right....Just like when we drafted Hilton in the first round, oh wait...

You are correct, like Hilton.  He cost us 2 picks for a receiver who is inconsistant enough to not be the #2 WR let alone the #1.

Just think, if we would have waited to the top of the 4th round, we would have got Hilton and got Thornton this year without giving up our 4th in next year;s draft

I wouldn't worry about WRs right now. This offseason will be a field day for WRs. Kenny Britt, Jeremy Maclin and Hakeem Nicks are all possible free agents. I believe that since Grigson is a former O-line player and Pagano is a defensive minded coach they can unearth some hidden gems. They don't actually have a ton of immediate holes anymore.

Think about this, if Reggie goes down tomorrow, who is the #1?  That person is not on the roster right now and we will have to wait until 2015 to even start to look.  As I have stated, if not for are bigger problems I would agree this was a good move.

You are correct, like Hilton.  He cost us 2 picks for a receiver who is inconsistant enough to not be the #2 WR let alone the #1.

Just think, if we would have waited to the top of the 4th round, we would have got Hilton and got Thornton this year without giving up our 4th in next year;s draft

You may be right or may be wrong--don't state your opinion as fact though.

Think about this, if Reggie goes down tomorrow, who is the #1?  That person is not on the roster right now and we will have to wait until 2015 to even start to look.  As I have stated, if not for are bigger problems I would agree this was a good move.

I don't think its necessary to have a second #1. I mean if Peyton goes down what would the broncos do? Reggie is a leader and couldn't be replaced by a majority of the players in the NFL. I also think they'll grab someone in FA that could grow to that #1.

Guest TeamLoloJones

We have no way of knowing where Hilton would go if we didn't trade up to get him...and you're assessment of Hilton's talent is extremely misguided..no offense