Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Media Loves to Hate on the Colts this week

BlueShoe

No wonder we have so many jumping off of bridges around here.

These are the headlines on ESPN:

It was one game. Last year we suffered a horrible loss to Jacksonville and bounced back the next week just fine. This week it could have gone either way and against a very good team. We are a better team this year than we were last year, and we have a tougher schedule. We have played 2 games and have 14 more to go. The sky is not falling.

I doubt they bounce back against the angry 49's and quite frankly if they can't play solid football the whole duration of every game I see them going into the bye week at 2-5 maybe 3-4. I hope they pull it together though

Not to pick on you, but everyone keeps saying how the 49ers are going to be angry. You don't think the Colts are angry too?

This is exactly the game we need. We are going to come out scrapping. 

Not to pick on you, but everyone keeps saying how the 49ers are going to be angry. You don't think the Colts are angry too?

With a hard hitting d like that, i think the 49ers will come out more angry than us. Especially since they lost to their rivals, and i bet Harbaugh chewed out their burros. 

With a hard hitting d like that, i think the 49ers will come out more angry than us. Especially since they lost to their rivals, and i bet Harbaugh chewed out their burros. 

I do not agree. Landry hits harder than anyone on the 49ers and Pagano will have us just as ready. 

They have issues at WR and in the secondary. I also think they are suspect to be ran on.

I do not agree. Landry hits harder than anyone on the 49ers and Pagano will have us just as ready. 

They have issues at WR and in the secondary. I also think they are suspect to be ran on.

That's your opinion, and as a whole the 9ers hit much harder. In fact i bet willis hits harder than landry but we wont get into that. Also Harbaugh has proven himself to be a much more "angry" type of coach. final point is that Harbaugh's team got owned by their Hated Rivals which tends to * you off much worse than a close loss in a game against a team that isn't your bitter rivals. 

That's your opinion, and as a whole the 9ers hit much harder. In fact i bet willis hits harder than landry but we wont get into that. Also Harbaugh has proven himself to be a much more "angry" type of coach. final point is that Harbaugh's team got owned by their Hated Rivals which tends to tick you off much worse than a close loss in a game against a team that isn't your bitter rivals. 

Angry coaches are over-rated. Just ask Gruden who is still sitting in the booth. 

I have seen coaches who get angry fail and succeed. Get angry too much and a coach might lose the respect of his team. 

Just because they got owned by Seattle does not mean they will beat us. It only shows they have weaknesses and can be owned. 

Angry coaches are over-rated. Just ask Gruden who is still sitting in the booth. 

I have seen coaches who get angry fail and succeed. Get angry too much and a coach might lose the respect of his team. 

Just because they got owned by Seattle does not mean they will beat us. It only shows they have weaknesses and can be owned. 

I only replied to you about angry coaches... nothing more. I never said we won't beat them, but i know for a fact Harbaugh will be more angry at their teams play than Pagano will be.

Remember the old adage "emotion lasts until the first hit" (or something along those lines)...this isn't high school or even college. Anger only gets you so far. The game will come down to who can make plays. The 49ers have issues. Sure they are still one of the best teams, but they are banged up more so than we are. And while it is an away game, Candlestick (or whatever it's called now) isn't exactly Qwest...er...whatever IT is called now Field. I think we have a puncher's chance IF we execute, play more aggressively, and come ready to play 60 minutes. Is that enough in the cliche department?

I only replied to you about angry coaches... nothing more. I never said we won't beat them, but i know for a fact Harbaugh will be more angry at their teams play than Pagano will be.

Why do you believe that and why do you think it even matters? We only see the side of coaches that they want us to see. For all we know Pagano is the toughest coach in the league, behind closed doors. I doubt that is the case, but angry does not equal wins and losses. If it did then the Steelers would be 2-0 right now and Buddy Ryan would have won 10 Super Bowls. 

Why do you believe that and why do you think it even matters? We only see the side of coaches that they want us to see. For all we know Pagano is the toughest coach in the league, behind closed doors. I doubt that is the case, but angry does not equal wins and losses. If it did then the Steelers would be 2-0 right now and Buddy Ryan would have won 10 Super Bowls. 

I replied to your original quote.. saying that "With a hard hitting d like that, i think the 49ers will come out more angry than us. Especially since they lost to their rivals, and i bet Harbaugh chewed out their burros." Nothing about us losing, just that they'll be more angry. Didn't even say it matters (even though i think it does a little bit, just like home filed does). Well if Pagano is an angry coach he doesn't show it so im just going off what we can see, and that is Harbaugh goes hardcore on the refs, his players, himsel etc.

I replied to your original quote.. saying that "With a hard hitting d like that, i think the 49ers will come out more angry than us. Especially since they lost to their rivals, and i bet Harbaugh chewed out their burros." Nothing about us losing, just that they'll be more angry. Didn't even say it matters (even though i think it does a little bit, just like home filed does). Well if Pagano is an angry coach he doesn't show it so im just going off what we can see, and that is Harbaugh goes hardcore on the refs, his players, himsel etc.

Fair enough. I was just making a case that we too will be angry and that anger does not equal wins. 

I'm pretty sure if Gruden wanted to coach again he could easily find a job.

I understand, and agree. I hope that they'll be more focused on hitting us hard and thus miss tackles, make bonehead plays, and comit penalties.

That does happen. Chad Cota was a safety that many thought was the hardest hitter in the league, the year before we signed him. He was bouncing off of everything he hit from his first game in Indy. As the fans got on him for missing so many tackles, it got to the point where he couldn't even make a simple tackle anymore. He also played in Fangio's defense. :)

Which reminds me of something. Fangio's defense got worse every year, even though we splurged in free agency to get him more players. This year the 49ers defense is questionable. Maybe there is a trend.

I remeber him saying last year it would have to be a perfect situation for him to coach again, but he also said he would come back in a heartbeat to coach any team with RG3. lol

LOL.

He said that about Peyton too.

I really believe that he doesn't want to coach, because he understands that he can't go about anything without giving 110%, and he just doesn't have it in him anymore. 

The media loves to make fans talk.

So they have succeeded.

The team that wins the next game is not always the team that has the most talent on paper. It is not always the team that has better statistical numbers in their offense, their defense, sacks, TD's, turnovers, etc. It is the team that executes to a higher level that day.

If anyone thinks the Colts do not have a chance in this don't remember the Packers game last year. We have the talent to win this game, even win it handily. But like I say every year, I would rather be wrong predicting a win, than to be right in predicting a loss.

Colts! You can do this........

I think this has been going on for years! Even when we had #18 the media was always hating on us, yet year after year we proved them wrong.

I think we actually have a shot on Sunday. 9er's D hasn't been playing that great and I think we can expose so areas of weakness as long as we include the ground game in the 2nd half.

No wonder we have so many jumping off of bridges around here.

These are the headlines on ESPN:

It was one game. Last year we suffered a horrible loss to Jacksonville and bounced back the next week just fine. This week it could have gone either way and against a very good team. We are a better team this year than we were last year, and we have a tougher schedule. We have played 2 games and have 14 more to go. The sky is not falling.

ah, it's just Mike Wells that has lost faith in the Colts

More overreaction after Week 2. You never know what can happen in the NFL on any given Sunday. Colts also could reel off something like six straight wins and never again give the loss to the Dolphins a second thought. If the Colts are 2-6 in a few weeks, then will be the time to worry. Right now it's pretty premature.

This is just ESPN trying to create drama. You think that's bad, check out the college football page and see how ESPN just repeatedly rips on the Big Ten (most undeservingly). There definitely seems to be an agenda.

The 49ers have a much different coach than Indy. He is going to have that team angry and wanting to prove something to everyone especially Indianapolis. I think our coach can inspire in different ways and has many times. I am not sure getting a team angry and ready to drive somebody's nose in the ground is his kind of thing.

Edited by Nadine