Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I blame Luck, but why couldnt Reggie Knock the int down?

GoodLuck

now, i love reggie, but I have noticed he likes to try and shield the defender and catch the ball on the ground.  I LOVE how TY goes up and gets the ball.   

Think about it.  Reggie makes some crazy grabs but doesnt seem to ever leave the ground to do it.  When Luck sees a 1 on 1 on the outside he likes to throw the ball up and expects his WR to go up and get it, or come back and get in front of the DB.  

Reggie has GREAT route running, hands, quickness, reads the d, and many other things he does great.  BUT he does not seem to go up and get the ball.  I know they are few and far between but I really hope we get us our version of AJ Green or Julio Jones for Luck to develop a chemistry with next year.

Why wasn't this question asked when Cromartie defending Reggie picked him off 3 times and Tracy Porter picked him off infamously when Peyton was throwing?

Reggie is not Garcon, he does not beat you with speed, he beats you with separation. Against very good CBs that blanket him, if he cannot separate (like Peyton did not look at him while Revis was playing him), the QB is not going to take chances and if he does, bad things can happen. That is just football.

Remember Garcon's hustle to get it back from Ed Reed??? Reggie does not have the speed to do that, period.

Hard to say. Reggie sometimes seems like he gets fatalistic when his defender has him beat. Like he's just going to let the defender make the pick. I remember a couple of times last year thinking Reggie should have tried to play defense a little when Luck had thrown a bad ball but he didn't and just let the defender pick it off.

Not sure if he just is so determined to run his route that he doesn't feel like he can also worry about being a defender on a poor pass or what, but he definitely should have done everything he could to have prevented that INT yesterday-- even if took tackling the guy down. It was a great defensive play though.

now, i love reggie, but I have noticed he likes to try and shield the defender and catch the ball on the ground. I LOVE how TY goes up and gets the ball.

Think about it. Reggie makes some crazy grabs but doesnt seem to ever leave the ground to do it. When Luck sees a 1 on 1 on the outside he likes to throw the ball up and expects his WR to go up and get it, or come back and get in front of the DB.

Reggie has GREAT route running, hands, quickness, reads the d, and many other things he does great. BUT he does not seem to go up and get the ball. I know they are few and far between but I really hope we get us our version of AJ Green or Julio Jones for Luck to develop a chemistry with next year.

True, Reggie doesnt seem to like to jump. TY proved yesterday why he needs to start. Although that Grimes kid stayed with him deep too. I was amazed at how little separation wrs were getting. Nobody was running wide open deep like Mike Wallace

Hard to say. Reggie sometimes seems like he gets fatalistic when his defender has him beat. Like he's just going to let the defender make the pick. I remember a couple of times last year thinking Reggie should have tried to play defense a little when Luck had thrown a bad ball but he didn't and just let the defender pick it off.

Not sure if he just is so determined to run his route that he doesn't feel like he can also worry about being a defender on a poor pass or what, but he definitely should have done everything he could to have prevented that INT yesterday-- even if took tackling the guy down. It was a great defensive play though.

It reminds me of Terrell Owens in Dallas and Buff. When he got old, he just didnt react well to jumpballs for whatever reason.

TY would fight for it. Get a penalty, who cares.

@KBowenColts: Reggie Wayne said he was double teamed routinely, especially down in the red zone. Takes full blame for the 4th quarter interception.

@KBowenColts: Luck on the INT: "I forced the throw up there." Said he had Griff Whalen open underneath. He says he didn't give Reggie a chance.

@KBowenColts: Reggie Wayne said he was double teamed routinely, especially down in the red zone. Takes full blame for the 4th quarter interception.

@KBowenColts: Luck on the INT: "I forced the throw up there." Said he had Griff Whalen open underneath. He says he didn't give Reggie a chance.

reggie took the blame on sports locker last night too.

Your last pint though confirms what I thought Luck got greedy and stopped being patient and taking what the defense was giving him. I said last year he liked to throw it long and it wasn't all Arians offense that he was making the choices with the ball and got killed for it. Luck made a mistake he's young so that's okay as long as he learns from it.

i had to rewind and complain instantly on the pick that he didnt see Griff waving his hands wide open for 8 yards on the left side.

Luck did make some bad throws.  Mistakes are going to happen with a young QB.  The important part is he learns from it.  I think Luck is definitely still learning.  His brightest days are obviously yet to come.  We will win multiple super bowls with him as our QB, this year just won't be one of them.

Why wasn't this question asked when Cromartie defending Reggie picked him off 3 times and Tracy Porter picked him off infamously when Peyton was throwing?

Reggie is not Garcon, he does not beat you with speed, he beats you with separation. Against very good CBs that blanket him, if he cannot separate (like Peyton did not look at him while Revis was playing him), the QB is not going to take chances and if he does, bad things can happen. That is just football.

Remember Garcon's hustle to get it back from Ed Reed??? Reggie does not have the speed to do that, period.

I haven't checked for sure but isn't Garcon ahead of all of our receivers? There is a reason for that, he is better than any of our receivers right now and that includes Reggie who seems to have slipped a bit.

Edited by Superman

Reggie will continue to be double teamed for the rest of the season because it works. If DHB is out for an extended period of time, the Colts are in real trouble.

Edited by Superman

I haven't checked for sure but isn't Garcon ahead of all of our receivers? There is a reason for that, he is better than any of our receivers right now and that includes Reggie who seems to have slipped a bit.

no Garcon is mediocre.

he's a bad route runner who's only good at crossing routes and fly patterns.

no Garcon is mediocre.

he's a bad route runner who's only good at crossing routes and fly patterns.

Really? He has 207 yards for the season. He has caught 15 of 24 passes and he averages 13.8 per catch. Our best has 144 yards and has caught 9 of 17 passes. He is also dealing with a QB returning for serious injury. I am pretty sure that Washington would not trade Garcon for any of Indy's receivers or tight ends. I know I wouldn't. That guy spreads the field and he is a star.....

Edited by Superman

Really? He has 207 yards for the season. He has caught 15 of 24 passes and he averages 13.8 per catch. Our best has 144 yards and has caught 9 of 17 passes. He is also dealing with a QB returning for serious injury. I am pretty sure that Washington would not trade Garcon for any of Indy's receivers or tight ends. I know I wouldn't. That guy spreads the field and he is a star.....

He's only good on cross routes and play action passes to the middle of the field. His numbera on the outside were atrocious last season.

This yearnhe has a bunch of garbage time yards because his team keeps getting killed in the first half and then he can pick in a prevent defense.

he's mediocre at best.

He's only good on cross routes and play action passes to the middle of the field. His numbera on the outside were atrocious last season.

This yearnhe has a bunch of garbage time yards because his team keeps getting killed in the first half and then he can pick in a prevent defense.

he's mediocre at best.

I think his numbers and play last year were a result of his toe injury. I expect him to have a thousand yard season barring another serious injury.

Omg did y'all not see how wide open Whalen was in the left flat on that Wayne int? Nobody covered him both of the DBs went with Hilton, That would have been an easy catch and run for 15yards if Luck just checked that down.

pagano saw it and brought it up on his show tonight and made the point that Luck has to a better job finding those guys but also said Andrew knows that.

Reggie wasn't in position to knock it down, but I wish he would've just tackled the guy before the ball got there and got the offensive PI. I put it on Luck for making that throw in the first place. I do think coaches ought to teach WR's that it makes so much more sense just to commit the penalty than to allow the INT, though. 

How does a toe injury explain how he was decent in the middle of the field, but bad on the outside?

He didn't have his usual speed to just outrun people on the outside. He could still make cuts and get open in the middle. He is back to using that blazing speed again.

Edited by Superman