Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Mathis is Letting Brad Wells Have It

HtownColt

@StampedeBlue: I marvel at how crazy fans get when I DARE to talk back to or challenge a player. As if I just spit on the Pope or slapped the Queen.

@StampedeBlue: @Rpstroud Yep, and @RobertMathis98 is one such guy. Always engaging. Interested in fans. Good dude.

Funny because Mathis or any other player never seen Brad.

@StampedeBlue: @RobertMathis98 Why should anyone be afraid to face you or any player if they'd written something that wasn't based in logic and fact?

@RobertMathis98: @StampedeBlue @Rpstroud well brad you have burned bridges with players & we have never seen you & its bc you thrive only on negative blogs

@RobertMathis98: @StampedeBlue well @mchappell51 and @bkravitz are pros and they know eventually they will have to face us so why even leave it to chance.

It's more you just have to go and read Robert Mathis and Brad Wells twitter feeds, it's hilarious

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad Wells is insufferable, always has been.

He says Pagano's job would have been on the line had they lost to the Raiders. No. Way. This is essentially his first season coaching. Should the Jags fire Gus Bradley for losing to the Chiefs week 1? Should the Browns fire Rob Chudzinski for losing to the Dolphins week 1? Answer to both of those: NO. It's one game.

Also, today he suggested we should fire someone for the poor performance against Oakland. Lol

He also claimed when we released Freeney that he was expendable, but now he keeps stating "Someone tell me why we released Dwight Freeney again?!?" 

The examples above are only to name a few of his antics.

What Skip Bayless is to the national sports world, Brad Wells is to the Colts world. Thrive on negativity and get views based on his irrational, wishy-washy, insane comments.

lol there is no way in the world you can pay me enough money to make Robert Mathis mad that is one scary dude...  It just shows how arrogant Brad Wells is. 

Also shows the difference between a professional like Kravitz, Phil B, and Chap vs. an internet blogger who calls himself an expert like Brad Wells says he is.  Professionalism counts.  Even if I don't always agree with the first three I have to say they are always professional about how they handle things.

good for him ill just keep ignoring him as I was before.

You'll have to bear with me here, being the stupid Englander and all.....but let me get this right:

He doesn't attend games

He hasn't tried to cultivate a relationship in anyway with the franchise or it's players

He goes out his way to use the "Skip" style of journalism 

Does he really qualify as a "beat" writer given the above or just one more shouting voice in the mob of internet bloggers (i.e. Is he a slim step above writing for B/R)? 

Just looking I guess for Indy natives' views of him. 

You'll have to bear with me here, being the stupid Englander and all.....but let me get this right:

He doesn't attend games

He hasn't tried to cultivate a relationship in anyway with the franchise or it's players

He goes out his way to use the "Skip" style of journalism

Does he really qualify as a "beat" writer given the above or just one more shouting voice in the mob of internet bloggers (i.e. Is he a slim step above writing for B/R)?

Just looking I guess for Indy natives' views of him.

no way is he a beat writter. He's an Internet blogger who tries to pretend he's a journalist. The best guys to get honest Colts news from are Phil B., Mike Chappell (a real beat writter), Bob Kravitz, Mike Wells, Tom James, Phil Richards and the local radio guys Query and Schultz and JMV.

Brad Wells is a brave man. He said what needed to be said. Pagano is too conservative.

i know brad wells is *, but i actually agree with him on the pagano front, about his coaching and in-game managing.. about the "coaching with the lead" article, i noticed it last year, and saw it again in week 1.. 

i love the the colts and wish them nothing but the best..

but if i think the head coach is not currently doing the best job, does that make me a * as well?? 

Edited by Nadine
masked profanity

i know brad wells is a *, but i actually agree with him on the pagano front, about his coaching and in-game managing.. about the "coaching with the lead" article, i noticed it last year, and saw it again in week 1..

but if i think the head coach is not currently doing the best job, does that make me a * as well??

Which game last year that Pags coached are you referring to?

Wells doesn't really care about anything but page hits.  He's the National Enquirer of blog writers.  Any attention, good or bad, is a win for him.

The best thing that could happen to him is when a Colts player or Colts management mention him in any derogatory way.

I don't understand how a commercially sponsored site like StampedeBlue can have him as a head writer.  And I use the term 'writer' very loosely.

One of my hobbies inerests (I don't have hobbies; hobbies cost money. Interests are quite free.) is to give Brad Wells grief on twitter. I don't even attempt to read his work, I just argue over the title of the article. Let's be honest Brad doesn't know anything about the Colts or football, so I'm just giving him a taste of his own ignorance.

if i remember correctly, it was the vikings game.. and maybe the jaguars home game.. i just remember that i wasn't happy with the coaching..

The Jags game was a struggle the whole way, and the defense is the only reason that one was lost at the very end.

The Vikings, if I recall, were let back into the game by a lucky tip ball TD on a fourth down.

Still I'm not sure I could personally point to either of those games and say it was Pags philosophy that let those teams back in it, but that's just my take.

We went 100% the whole game against the Texans at home, and the Ravens we just couldn't find pay dirt lol.

The Jags game was a struggle the whole way, and the defense is the only reason that one was lost at the very end.

The Vikings, if I recall, were let back into the game by a lucky tip ball TD on a fourth down.

Still I'm not sure I could personally point to either of those games and say it was Pags philosophy that let those teams back in it, but that's just my take.

We went 100% the whole game against the Texans at home, and the Ravens we just couldn't find pay dirt lol.

fair enough..

i certainly hope i'm wrong, but i have a feeling (for quite some time now) that chuck is not as competent as i wish our hc would be and this team needs/deserves to have.. i know we have just a small sample to judge from, but this is how i feel.. 

^Is Brad Wells.

Braveheart guy on the forums came out once and claimed to be Brad and most of us still believe it is him, even though he now backed off his statement and claims he isn't.  I guess you are either stupid to ever claim to be him or once you realized people would know who you are on the forums, you couldn't hide behind a computer screen, which Brad does.  He is pretty much a coward and will NOT support his articles.

One of my hobbies inerests (I don't have hobbies; hobbies cost money. Interests are quite free.) is to give Brad Wells grief on twitter. I don't even attempt to read his work, I just argue over the title of the article. Let's be honest Brad doesn't know anything about the Colts or football, so I'm just giving him a taste of his own ignorance.

I had done the same, but then he started crying to me on twitter why I followed him and questioned him.  He then blocked me, because he couldn't take someone questioning his work, yet isn't that the only thing he does to the Colts?   If you want real football news and good decision on the Colts, good or bad, Phillip Wilson is the man to listen to.  He does 1000%+ better at reporting the Colts, than Brad Wells will ever.

I love that Mathis took it to him.  My guess, Brad is in a corner, sucking his thumb crying.

What did he say that was so bad?  At any rate, I liked Paul Kuharsky at ESPN more than Wells.  Didn't always agree with the guy, but enjoyed most of his articles.

I like Paul also!  Nick Ragsdale is good and you can't go wrong with Phillip Wilson.  But I do agree, even though Skip is an *, he at least does a better job covering the Colts, who he hates all Indiana teams, better than Brad Wells.

Braveheart guy on the forums came out once and claimed to be Brad and most of us still believe it is him, even though he now backed off his statement and claims he isn't.  I guess you are either stupid to ever claim to be him or once you realized people would know who you are on the forums, you couldn't hide behind a computer screen, which Brad does.  He is pretty much a coward and will NOT support his articles.

I had done the same, but then he started crying to me on twitter why I followed him and questioned him.  He then blocked me, because he couldn't take someone questioning his work, yet isn't that the only thing he does to the Colts?   If you want real football news and good decision on the Colts, good or bad, Phillip Wilson is the man to listen to.  He does 1000%+ better at reporting the Colts, than Brad Wells will ever.

I love that Mathis took it to him.  My guess, Brad is in a corner, sucking his thumb crying.

Brad thinks he is a B.A. behind a monitor and a keyboard, but I know he wouldn't say anything to somebody's face.

fair enough..

i certainly hope i'm wrong, but i have a feeling (for quite some time now) that chuck is not as competent as i wish our hc would be and this team needs/deserves to have.. i know we have just a small sample to judge from, but this is how i feel..

And look I'm not saying Pags won't have an issue with being too conservative, I just think we need a much bigger sample size than we got from last year.

i know brad wells is a *, but i actually agree with him on the pagano front, about his coaching and in-game managing.. about the "coaching with the lead" article, i noticed it last year, and saw it again in week 1..

Being critical of the coach isn't the problem. It's the sensational manner in which it's done, along with the presentation of opinion and supposition as unimpeachable fact.