Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stephen A. Smith - Kaep best of young QBs

amfootball

I was listening to Boston sports radio and they had Smith on talking about Jets/Pats. The convo turned to the game last night and who is the best of the young QBs. Smith said he feel Kaep is the best given his build, athleticism, ability to sling it and read a defense.

I really was not sold on Kaep based on last year and his first halfs againts the Falcons and Niners in the playoffs but I have to admit there does not appear to be any weakness to his game. He is a stud that can run when it is there or just drop back like he did on Sunday and torch a D. I think he does have the most tools of any of the young QBs but what do others think?

Excellent talent in the Read Offense.  He is better than I ever would have imagined.  The kid can throw a 92-95 mph fastball in baseball so no lack of arm strength.  He is making great decisions at the line of scrimmage!  Barring injury he will continue to get better and better.  He CAN play as a drop back passer, so if the league 'catches up' to this offense....he will be fine....oh and he runs like a deer (No not John Deere)  :)

That said....I am right with Coach Pagano that I would not trade Andrew Luck for ANY QB in the league...15 years of greatness at Lucas Oil Stadium!!!!   :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo: !!!!

As I have said before, I do like to listen to Stephen A, but his expertise is basketball....just say Stephen Neismith!  Have peach basket...will travel...err double dribble?  :)

basktpeach.jpg

I thought he was going to be special when I saw him play last year. But people have to remember he plays on the most talented team in the league....a team that was a couple bad bounces away from reaching the SB with the immortal Alex Smith at the helm.

Kaep is a talented player. He doesn't look like he has a weakness. Even last year when they were down in the Super Bowl he looked like it didn't phase him.

Just to think, the Colts had/wanted Kaep, Luck, and Wilson at one point. Crazy to think about.

I wonder how 2011 would have went if we got the chance to draft Kaep.

Kaep is a talented player. He doesn't look like he has a weakness. Even last year when they were down in the Super Bowl he looked like it didn't phase him.

He did fumble the snap something like 4 times in the rain VS the Pats last season. Almost blew a 28 point lead.

Maybe it was nerves, maybe it was the wet ball. I don't think I've seen him play in the rain since then. He might struggle in weather, but can't tell after just one game.

He's a great athlete and has a rocket arm but hes playing on the most talented team  since Steve Young's 95 49ers . From top to bottom this team is great and deep at every position. They just beat a great Packers team without their best WR in Crabtree and they have the two best ILB's in the league on the same team. I would still take Luck and Rodgers over him but he would be 3rd.

He's a great athlete and has a rocket arm but hes playing on the most talented team  since Steve Young's 95 49ers . From top to bottom this team is great and deep at every position. They just beat a great Packers team without their best WR in Crabtree and they have the two best ILB's in the league on the same team. I would still take Luck and Rodgers over him but he would be 3rd.

Niner secondary still looks pretty bad though. He will need to keep scoring high when the niners play good teams that have strong passing games.

The NFL is really really fortunate to have so many young talented qbs. Its clear the changes in the game has benefited most but they just come into the league so much better prepared. Luck, Griffen, Rodgers, Kaep, Wilson, Newton, Ryan, Flacco all are legit. Theres another crew pretty close with Dalton, Tannenhill, Bradford, and Stafford that have potential...and some rookies that could be great too. Before long every team will have a really good qb and then we will start to see that the differences will come from other positions...well everyone but the Jaguars...they still won't have a qb...unless they get Bridgewater next year.

Yeah, with Pete Carroll and the Seahawks, cheap shots won't be exclusive just to Clay Mathews in the NFC. I'm glad Luck is in the AFC now.

Kaep however has the highest ceiling, no doubt if he goes on to 2 or 3 reads in the pocket. 

I'm actually very worried about cheap shots this year.  Facing the Titans twice with Bernard Pollard taking orders from Gregg Williams?  Color me concerned.  At least a little bit.