Colts waive John Boyett

TKnight24

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a new generation out here lollygagger, that's all there is to say

Yes I agree. Guess sometimes you have to take a chance with more talented guys that may be more head cases. Just hope we nip it in the bud and not let it get out of control. I'm fine with giving guys a chance but I'd keep them on a short leash.

I had high hopes for Boyett. Bummer.

I suspect there was a lack of contrition. Otherwise it's hard to explain the severity of quickly cutting him while Brazill and Lefeged escaped similar fates.

I think he would "survive" this situation if he hadn't threatened police officers and said that infamous sentence, why he couldn't have been arrested. But this is only my guess.

Is it me paying attention more, or is the wave of crime creeping into to the Colts camp more this year? :(

It's not you.  I heard that Chapman knocked over a train the other day. 

He didn't rob it, he leaned against it and it fell over.

Colts are responsible for damages.

I think he would "survive" this situation if he hadn't threatened police officers and said that infamous sentence, why he couldn't have been arrested. But this is only my guess.

by no means do I know the whole story, but I wouldn't think being snotty is worse than trying to flee. I strongly suspect he was cut more for the way he acted with Colts FO and/or staff behind the scenes afterwards.

The only defense I have for Lefeged and Brazil, is they have actually played in a real NFL game.  Boyett, well he has not even participated in OTA's or TC except for standing on the sidelines with swollen, wrapped knees.  

Who knows if it was a lack of contrition, a recurring problem with alcohol, or hell, he reinjured himself in his stumble away from the police.  All we know is that this time, Colts justice was swift.

I had high hopes for the guy too.   :( 

Agree... threatening to come back and break a police officer's jaw is bad enough but attatching the Colts name is even worse.

It needed to happen. He just cleared a 22 man cut for the team to get to 53 and he acts like this. Basically, he thinks he is entitled a position on the Colts team. This type of mentality only gets worse from my experiences managing people.  

Correct me if I am wrong but we now have a spot on the team.......who should we get?

It needed to happen. He just cleared a 22 man cut for the team to get to 53 and he acts like this. Basically, he thinks he is entitled a position on the Colts team. This type of mentality only gets worse from my experiences managing people.  

Correct me if I am wrong but we now have a spot on the team.......who should we get?

No. He was on IR, so didn't count against 53-roster.

He was injured, and wasn't taking up a roster spot.  He must have made some poor impressions aside from his arrest to get dropped so quickly.  He could've been like a free draft pick next year a la Chapman.  smh

He was injured, and wasn't taking up a roster spot.  He must have made some poor impressions aside from his arrest to get dropped so quickly.  He could've been like a free draft pick next year a la Chapman.  smh

I assume tussling/threatening local police doesn't go over well with front office/ownership.