Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts waive John Boyett

TKnight24

I'm 26 and I know money could never change the person I become.. But I don't know the type of life these kids have had in the past..

Growing up is a process, Some need to hit a bump or two before they get it right, Most do with varying degrees of growing up.....Then their are those that never learn and even worse..There are those that dont care, I believe Boyett just needed this set back and to learn the consequences of it...Time will tell

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Growing up is a process, Some need to hit a bump or two before they get it right, Most do with varying degrees of growing up.....Then their are those that never learn and even worse..There are those that dont care, I believe Boyett just needed this set back and to learn the consequences of it...Time will tell

he has a military back ground. He knows better. He would have went to the brig and maybe lost stripes if he did this a few months ago

I'm glad he manned up and apologized. 

Truth is, the next fringe player who got caught doing something both illegal and stupid was going to be toast regardless of how sorry they were. Monopoly only has 2 get out of jail free cards, and who are we to upstage that? If Brazill and Lefeged weren't thanking their lucky stars before, they are now. 

At the end of the day Brazil and Lefeged weren't as expendable a guy who was on the reserve none football injury list and happens to play a position where the Colts already have five players on the roster (one more than most teams keep) and cut another one who could have been on the roster he was expandable. 

I am glad he apologized and hopefully it did send a wake up call to the rest of the team to think before they act.  I wish him the best going forward and hopefully another team gives him a second chance.

Late to the party again on this one but having read through I'm taken aback somewhat at how much leeway fans are willing to give to a guy. Yes he was a good prospect but how he conducted himself is grounds enough to cut him.

Let's look at what he did first off, having been refused entry the first time (and no doubt already played the Colts card) he went back. Now did he expect to get in, no, so it could have only been to start an altercation. Not surprisingly the cops are then involved. Drunk or not, most normal people would comply with the cops, not try to flee, do the whole do you know who I am thing and then threaten an officer. Really if anyone thinks this is normal drunken antics they might need to examine their own alcohol issues. 

Trust me, I'm a bad drunk, but not matter how drunk I've ever been you still know right and wrong and there are lines  you just don't cross. Some people are throwing out his age as an excuse, come off it, he's 23, that's not a kid that's a young man.