Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

living room GMs

Nesjan3

I understand some are jerks, and I am not blaming you or the mods for people being jerks either.  I am just saying it wouldn't hurt us all to try not to be jerks because I think sometimes the none jerks act jerks when they don't have too, and I'll include myself in that list.  So I am just saying maybe people should think a little more about how they respond to someone before they don't.  Am I naïve enough to think everyone is going to do that?  No. 

There is nothing wrong with people having different opinions but I can also see why people sometimes get tired of people being jerks to them just because someone has a different opinion as them too though.  With that said, most of the posters here are not jerks and are really good people and are really good at leaving it to the opinion and not making it personal. 

My guess and this is a total guess is that the OP started the thread because he or she was frustrated with the over reacting.  I fully understand people responding get over it however, I would also say just because someone elects to do something silly doesn't mean people have a right to be nasty back and frankly some of early posts in this thread were nothing more than that.  That doesn't help the situation either.  If you think it's silly just ignore it.  If you disagree with the point and can say why you disagree with by all means share that view point that is 100% what the forum is for. 

Again, good post. I agree.

But I don't think anyone is overreacting, especially for a cut day. People are going to disagree with decisions, but I think it's been pretty mild around here for a cut day. Until this snarky thread. Again, ironic that the thread that's complaining about the message board experience is the prototypical "bad message board experience" thread.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, good post. I agree.

But I don't think anyone is overreacting, especially for a cut day. People are going to disagree with decisions, but I think it's been pretty mild around here for a cut day. Until this snarky thread. Again, ironic that the thread that's complaining about the message board experience is the prototypical "bad message board experience" thread.

I would agree for the most part today has been mild compared to cut days of years past.  I am not so much defending the attitude the original poster took I was just speaking generally as to how posters on this forum act at times.  Who knows maybe it was just built up frustration on the OP's part and if so I can see why at times he or she might have had it. 

With that said, all and all the vast majority of people have been extremely rational today compared to some cut days in years past. 

I hate to say it, I love the colts but this forum is really turning me off cause all the people who think they are general managers from their computer, Nevis and ijilanna were released for a reason, Grigson Pagano and Irsay no what they are doing that's why they have the jobs they have.

If you disagree how come your not the colts GM, oh yah cause your sitting on cpu pretending

1 this is why there is a forum to vent such injustices & 2 maybe we don't know all the particulars but anyone with EYES can see Nevis & Ijalana played well & guys like McGlynn & Hughes sucked pretty simple!

Edited by Nadine

I hate to say it, I love the colts but this forum is really turning me off cause all the people who think they are general managers from their computer, Nevis and ijilanna were released for a reason, Grigson Pagano and Irsay no what they are doing that's why they have the jobs they have.

If you disagree how come your not the colts GM, oh yah cause your sitting on cpu pretending

I agree! But as a fan it's okay to have an opinion. 

1 this is why there is a forum to vent such injustices & 2 maybe we don't know all the particulars but anyone with EYES can see Nevis & Ijalana played well & guys like McGlynn & Hughes sucked pretty simple!

Ok I'm sorry but if cutting Ijalana or Nevis is an injustice, then I guess by that logic keeping McGlynn is one of the most heinous crimes in American history  :funny:

Let's not make this more than it should be.

Do you see me starting a thread about it?

No, but I do see posters start threads with all sorts of opinions.  Some imo are interesting and some are not.  I was only commenting on the fact that you said this was a forum for expressing opinions, which is what the OP did.  Feel free to disagree with it, if you do.

Thing is, some people are jerks. We haven't figured out a way to keep them off of message boards yet. I'd work on it more aggressively, but I'm afraid I'd be banned, too. Along with some of my favorite posters.

Point is, you get on a message board and connect with people who are different than you are. You're going to get different opinions, different ways of expressing those opinions, different personalities, etc. All this nonsense about how this makes us a bad fanbase and how people don't want to use the board because of it is just nonsense. 

Like I said, I like your earlier post. I just don't understand why you'd make a thread on a message board that basically says 'I hate message boards.' 

You know a forum is out of control when a moderator refers to some members as jerks.

What do you want? Everybody to agree 100% with every move Grigson makes just beacuse he was hired as GM?

If you watch the games closely, and have an understanding of the game, like a lot of the posters here do, it doesnt take a geniuis to see, who is a good player and who stinks.

Everyone has a opinion and that's okay. 

Both deserved a better outcome IE roster spots. an injustice in football sense, not a global sense.

And they will hopefully get a better outcome on a team that believes they would be a good fit for their organization. Like on Hard Knocks a couple of days ago, "Everybody is useful, nobody is necessary."

You know a forum is out of control when a moderator refers to some members as jerks.

Not really...Every forum has their "jerks" and most of us at times make a post or two that might make us seem like jerks. It's how forums are. Nothing out of the ordinary. 

No, but I do see posters start threads with all sorts of opinions. Some imo are interesting and some are not. I was only commenting on the fact that you said this was a forum for expressing opinions, which is what the OP did. Feel free to disagree with it, if you do.

There's a difference between threads that express actual football related opinions and threads that just takes shots at the community.

And they will hopefully get a better outcome on a team that believes they would be a good fit for their organization. Like on Hard Knocks a couple of days ago, "Everybody is useful, nobody is necessary."

Not really...Every forum has their "jerks" and most of us at times make a post or two that might make us seem like jerks. It's how forums are. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Yup, very mod-like to refer to some members as jerks. Someone who is supposed to keep the peace and moderate should refer to others as jerks, got it.

Yep the story of life really!!

There's a difference between threads that express actual football related opinions and threads that just takes shots at the community.

There is a difference, but the OP was not taking a shot at everyone on this board.  He/She was only taking a shot at those that think they know better than the people who are paid to make those football decisions.  Again feel free to disagree, but it is ironic to tell someone that this is a forum to state opinions when that is exactly what they were doing.

Yup, very mod-like to refer to some members as jerks. Someone who is supposed to keep the peace and moderate should refer to others as jerks, got it.

Your words there, not mine. You might want to read what I said again and just take a minute to think about it. No special message I'm trying to get across at all it's just some simple common sense.

I'm not going to sugar coat it or lie and make it seem like every person who joins this forum is an angel and is the nicest person on the planet who would never say anything bad about anyone. It's just not true and it's unrealistic to think that there aren't people on this forum or any other forum you visit who might qualify as jerk. At times someone is going to say something that's rude, stupid etc. and they're going to look like a jerk. It just happens. If you don't think so you can go through and search all the threads on here and look at multiple examples of it happening.

Because one disagrees does not mean they think they are a GM.  They simply don't like the move, and won't like it until proven wrong. Can we not find anywhere on this forum where you yourself have voiced opinions about a move that was made that you didn't like.  I'm almost certain if we pulled up enough threads we would find you doing the exact same thing you are whining about.

Jerry Glanville was the coach of the Falcons at one point, but it was certainly clear the guy didn't know what the heck he was doing. Just because you have the job it doesn't mean that all of your decisions will be good ones. I can deal with not signing Ijalana, but I don't like the move to get rid of Nevis.  Get over it, it's my/our opinion until we see otherwise.

Because one disagrees does not mean they think they are a GM.  They simply don't like the move, and won't like it until proven wrong. Can we not find anywhere on this forum where you yourself have voiced opinions about a move that was made that you didn't like.  I'm almost certain if we pulled up enough threads we would find you doing the exact same thing you are whining about.

Jerry Glanville was the coach of the Falcons at one point, but it was certainly clear the guy didn't know what the heck he was doing. Just because you have the job it doesn't mean that all of your decisions will be good ones. I can deal with not signing Ijalana, but I don't like the move to get rid of Nevis.  Get over it, it's my/our opinion until we see otherwise.

Anyone who would leave 'Elvis" a ticket at the box office can't be that bad can they??   :dunno:

not really, we have a rule of thumb that people should not be jerks

that should be the only rule we need

(2) Please be respectful of your fellow members. Every registered member agrees upon registration not to use these forums to post material or topics which are knowingly false, defamatory, deceptive, inaccurate, racist, insulting, abusive, inflammatory, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually graphic or lewd, physically threatening, invasive of another's privacy or otherwise in violation of any law, including stalking or otherwise harassing individual members. If you respond to abusive speech with abusive speech, you lose your right to seek moderator intervention (it does not matter "who started it") "Smack" talk, insults, disrespect, starting flame wars, *trolling* ; *inciting* other members to "take the bait" are not allowed. . The simple rule of thumb here is "don't be a jerk".

Accountability means we some how have the ability to hold the GM and Head Coach accountable. While we can voice our opinions on here and by not going to games only Jim Irsay can truly hold them accountable, it's not like politics where we get a vote and can hold people accountable that way and frankly it is truly up to us to hold them accountable, that's not true with pro sports that is up to the owner to do and frankly it is a dictatorship, don't believe me ask Raiders fans don't you think they wished they had a vote on some of the moves Al Davis made over the years? I don't think Irsay is making those decision based on what is said on the forum. Honestly, fans are extremely emotional, look at how the opinions on Irsay a lone went two years ago, when he fired Polian he was the best owner in football, when it looked like he might keep Caldwell he was the worst owner in sports, when he did fire Caldwell he was back to being a great owner, then he cut Peyton Manning and he was a terrible owner again till we realized that Andrew Luck kid wasn't so bad and heck some people still hate Irsay over that move.

Sorry we don't hold the coach and GM accountable the owner does that. With that said I fully agree that a forum is for people to express their view points on things regarding the teams and things the team does. With that said, I would say thinking we can hold the team accountable on the forum is a little unrealistic and wishful thinking. The best way a fan has to try to hold someone accountable is to not go to games. I would also say that maybe we all do need to look at how we respond to some posters, and I include myself in that, because I do see that sometimes posters throw out their opinion and they are treated like they are stupid if others don't agree with that opinion or aren't as well versed in certain football rules. I think it would be helpful if we were all a little less willing to drop gloves and fight to the death over opinions and agree that just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean that person wronged you some how.

Just to be clear there are a lot of general statements in that last paragraph that aren't directed at you personally so please don't take it that way. It's also just my two cents on the subject.

Buying merchandise, tickets, and watching on television is in itself a vote.

Yeah fans should never post opinions on a message board. Every post just need to be post after post after post saying the Colts are the greatest ever and could never make a mistake.

Every move made today was perfect by every single team! Colts will be going 16-0 this year! Go Colts!!!!!

Buying merchandise, tickets, and watching on television is in itself a vote.

yes and no because the owner can choose to ignore those things.  Some owners don't care about the product on the field or what their fans say about it and only care about their bottom line.  For years the Bengals were run like that and just because the fans didn't like what was being done as long as the owner turned a profit off it he didn't care. 

I don't hate to say it because its true to a point , This is all about opinions , Yes some feel like there gods gift to football knowledge & some are very knowledgeable  key word SOME  . 

Second guessing the front office has been the pastime for many this season  - Free agency - Draft this year was entertaining listening to the doom & gloom of we overpayed or he's no good .  Priceless

My fav Walden & DHB will be a bust :funny:  I look back at the most vocal and can't wait for the season to start , Reminding those about to eat crow they were wrong will be fun . :thmup:  Who knows maybe I'll be wrong & they both fail . :rock:

The bottom line is Ryan Grigson has done what no one on this forum have ever done As  a NFL scout -As  GM   taking  a team  to a 11-5  record his first year .

He's walking the walk . IMO the chatter is entertaining but nothing special . Enjoy the opinions 

Don't sweat the petty stuff or Pet the sweaty stuff :blueshoe: 

If you haven't figured it out yet.  Its fans like us on these forums who care about the players on the team good or bad.  We voice our opinions because WE (the fans) are the ones paying for the Coaches/GM's/Owners/Players salaries.  Its called the American way to debate.  If you don't like to read the posts about cuts we the fans don't like I suggest you get on another site.  I suggest Pinterest, my wife seems to like that site and from the sounds of you two sound a lot a like.  So I say to my recliner GM's all over Colt country

"Its your laptop write what ever the hell you want"!  GO COLTS!!  and yes I'm one who didn't like the Revis cut either

If they want to be irrational, post something silly etc then by all means they can go ahead and do so. This forum is the place to do this. As long as I can still point out how irrational, silly and pointless their post and or thread might be then it evens out.

Sounds like fun   :thmup:

I'm never pointless or irrational or silly & everyone agrees with everything I say :woah:  I think my nose just grew a inch ..

Most of the colts fans I've met over the years have been losers. Sad but true...

Then its time to make new friends .  I will not call another Colts fan a loser thats just rude well unless they  wear a Bronco jersey to the Colts - Broncos game .  I'm a COLTS fan, the losers IMO are the other teams fans ..

:deadhorse::Nuke: