Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats cut Tebow

Gramz

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's too bad for him. I like that kid. If he doesn't get another shot, I'm sure he'll be successful in whatever he does next. He's got a good following and will always be loved in Florida.

stat..

He isnt an NFL football player..He's a minister..an evangelist....

He can stand up and preach and draw 20,000 people..

He should stop trying to be something he's not and pursue his true calling....

He's been wasting his time and ours........

Its obvious what he was meant to do

stat..

He isnt an NFL football player..

you should read my post I just put in the other Tebow thread. There is nothing in your post that I don't already know.

I was going to mention his work with the church etc here, but didn't want to drag the conversation off football.

you should read my post I just put in the other Tebow thread. There is nothing in your post that I don't already know.

I was going to mention his work with the church etc here, but didn't want to drag the conversation off football.

You don't have a choice

Tebow himself drags the conversation off football...to discuss him you must go there..

That's why I don't want him in the NFL..he's there for the wrong reasons...

..and either he's an opportunist trying cash in on his beliefs.....or a young man too stubborn to see the God-fearing forest for the trees.

But here's a chance for him to do what he keeps suggesting God meant him to do..and do what he does well

..and not try do take up an NFL: roster spot while he does it

You don't have a choice

Tebow himself drags the conversation off football...to discuss him you must go there..

..and either he's an opportunist trying cash in on his beliefs.....or a young man too stubborn to see the God-fearing forest for the trees.

But here's a chance for him to do what he keeps suggesting God meant him to do..and do what he does well

why can't you just tell us how you really feel....  :scratch:   :haha:   

While he certainly wasn't up to NFL caliber of a player,  I see no need to "bash" him as a person, and / or question his motives,

especially with all the  Real Wrong Doing going on this past off-season with so many others in the NFL.

Who's Mike Reiss? He just suggested that if Brady or Mallett go down, Tebow is the first call. Really? If Tom goes down the Pats are going to stick Tim in to be the savior?

Mike Reiss is, hands down, by far the best Patriots writer out there. He's very, very, VERY reliable, and trusted by the Patriots staff.

Mike Reiss is, hands down, by far the best Patriots writer out there. He's very, very, VERY reliable, and trusted by the Patriots staff.

Is he being kind?

Do you think if Brady goes down they're calling Tim back? I find that hard to digest frankly.

While he certainly wasn't up to NFL caliber of a player,  I see no need to "bash" him as a person, and / or question his motives,

especially with all the  Real Wrong Doing going on this past off-season with so many others in the NFL.

Tim Tebow was a media creation that got way out of hand for a football player that isn't even a QB, I like the stance Mike Mayock took on him during a Patriots game recently, he simply wanted to talk about Tim Tebow as it relates to him being a QB and his skills as a football player and what he lacks as a QB....Nothing about media created hype, Its getting tough to watch the NFL Network today because most of what you see on the "Ticker Tape" below is regarding Tebows release or various cut ins during commercials announcing his release. Its really ridiculous and if it wasn't the media (therefore to be expected) they should be ashamed of themselves for covering it so much, big deal a non QB was released, time to move on

You don't have a choice

there are others who have been vocal about there spiritual beliefs who have not got the ridiculous coverage he has in regards to non football related issues Troy Polamalu, Kurt Warner, Heck the list goes on), Its media exploitation at its finest, Its only been enhanced since he sucks so bad as far as true QB ability, But the bottom line is if the media thinks that they can create a story out of nothing then they will and they did

Tebow seems like a great guy, but as most already know...he is not an NFL QB. I actually agree with Oldunclemark, he should pursue his true calling and preach the word of God. Whether you agree with his belief's or not, he is a charismatic guy that has a huge following in the world of religion. I can't stand hearing about his football career because he sucks, but he has a good career to fall back on.

oy.... how delusional I must be :)

certainly do have a choice, and choosing not to continue this line of thought after you took it off football

....the thread is about Tebow..and you respond about you not responding...choose about choosing?

OK ?!?   Back to Tim Tebow.

I just hope Tim doesn't pursue the NFL anymore...its bad for both....he's off course.

The media didn't make him a type of 'football/bible oddity'....He pursued this kind of diva status with his actions

I'm just saying its time for him to pursue what he seems best suited for

He can do good as a motivator...an evangelist..and it would be true to his spoken words and spoken philosophy...

He simply doesn't belong in professional football..

....the thread is about Tebow..and you respond about you not responding...choose about choosing?

OK ?!?   Back to Tim Tebow.

I just hope Tim doesn't pursue the NFL anymore...its bad for both....he's off course.

The media didn't make him a type of 'football/bible oddity'....He pursued this kind of diva status with his actions

I'm just saying its time for him to pursue what he seems best suited for

He can do good as a motivator...an evangelist..and it would be true to his spoken words and spoken philosophy...

He simply doesn't belong in professional football..

"The media didn't make him a type of 'football/bible oddity'....He pursued this kind of diva status with his actions"

You cant possibly believe that

That's what's worng about him being in the NFL..

He ascended using his beliefs..playing to his Chrstianity to curry favor in football and its fair to question his motives..as it is everyone elses'

I want him to play to his Christianity fulltime.... be what he is

"The media didn't make him a type of 'football/bible oddity'....He pursued this kind of diva status with his actions"

Didn't he buy ad space during the Superbowl to promote his religious beliefs?

Gavin...he's done that all his life...

From what I've read about him...he's confronted everyone with his Christianity..using it to curry favor.

A true Christian does wear his religion on his sleeve (or collar)...unless that is his calling

I'm just asking him to pursue his true calling.....

From what I've read about him...he's confronted everyone with his Christianity..using it to curry favor.

A true Christian does wear his religion on his sleeve (or collar)...unless that is his calling

A true Christian does NOT (in my opinion) wear his religion on his sleeve..unless that is his calling

Skip Bayless on ESPN First Take is going to be devastated. You can change "all he does is win games" to all he does is get cut. Sorry, Tim Tebow zealot supporters out there across the NFL landscape.

I won't pour salt in your wounds or insert a knife in your back & twist it either. SW1 is not that sadistic & cruel...

I'm not here to debate the authenticity or genuine nature of his religious beliefs. That's strictly a private matter between Tim & his deity/religious doctrine of choice, but I will say this: His presence in the NFL especially when he was winning with the Denver Broncos gave him a much wider platform to influence more people in his philanthropy work & it's no accident that Tebow chose to be traded to the NY Jets with the largest media market in the world either.

Tim Tebow, to his credit, is very media savvy. He just can't win on a consistent level in the NFL to use that massive media exposure to his advantage week in week out. And once an athlete's talent slides of the map, sponsors tend to disappear right along with it. You go from icon & media darling to a whatever happened to or where are they now TV trivia question? 

tumblr_lv2vwd9TF81r5ubj1o1_500_original_ Tim  this Tebow is for you man good luck in the CFL .. :thmup:

haha Yeah, I never thought I'd see Muppets "Tebowing" in my lifetime, but then again, SW1 never figured that Muppets would be peddling "Lending Tree" services either. The economy must be tough on Kermit & the gang to bring home the bacon. Sorry Miss Piggy. Who knew? I sure didn't...

http://youtu.be/5fRtdm6o1jw

Too bad Gabbert impressed enough to be the starter, otherwise Shahid Khan would have taken a flier on him in the waiver wire.

The other teams I can see take fliers on him might be Doug Marrone of the Bills, especially if Kolb is still concussed and E J Manuel cannot get healthy by game 1; the other one would be the Raiders with Dennis Allen who was defensive co-ordinator with the Broncos when Tebow was doing his "magic" :) due to neither Flynn or Pryor seizing the starting position bull by the horns so far.