Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Whalen vs Brazill

hoosiercoltsfan82

i feel like brazill has crazy potential and needs more balls thrown his way. i loved what i saw from him last year, he made alot of clutch catches (awesome throws too of course)

a lot of clutch catches?? im not saying he doesnt have potential, i mean he could be good but using the term " alot " is a little premature considering he only had 11 catches all year. but hopefully he does have a better chance to prove how good he can be when he comes off of suspension. that is if whalen doesnt take the slot from him.  

In my mind Whalen is in front of Brazil, Whalen looked REALLY good last night

Brazil's off field record brothers me a bit...

Whalen was looking really good last year, until his injury. i was actually excited to see the three stanford boys together once again on the football field, now im excited to see it this year lol. Whalen has been turning heads and having people talk alot of good things about him which is a very good sign for us with Wayne close to retirement. 

I think it should be:

• Reggie 
  • Hilton
  • DHB
  • Brazill
  • Whalen

Palmer would be my 6th.

although i agree with the hilton DHB part because honestly Hilton has better hands, and is a playmaker, i think Hilton is better suited for the slot though. distractions of DHB and Wayne keeps Hilton open mid  field to make big plays. Brazill lost that 4th spot after his suspension and the way Whalen has been turning heads this year in camp, not to mention last year in camp before he got hurt. 

I think Whalen is the 4 and Brazil the 5. Whalen probably is the more reliable guy and short term the better option to play if one of the top 3 goes down. Brazil no doubt has more long term potential. If I had to make a bet on who would have the better next 3-4 years , I would put my money on Whalen.

I think we can find those KR abilities elsewhere.

Kerwynn Williams, Cassius Vaughan and T.Y Hilton can all return. I'd even rather give a roster spot to Marshay Greene who had a couple of nice returns against the Browns than give it to Reed.

You might be right but we haven't seen Reed at this point. I don't think Griggs made the trade just to cut him without seeing what he can do.

Palmer now out 4-6 weeks. Honestly, I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what some have seen in this guy. My guess is he gets injured waived.

Brazill hasn't shown much this preseason, but he gave us a good taste last season. I think the

Colts may decide he's worth keeping around (albeit on a short leash).

although i agree with the hilton DHB part because honestly Hilton has better hands, and is a playmaker, i think Hilton is better suited for the slot though. distractions of DHB and Wayne keeps Hilton open mid  field to make big plays. Brazill lost that 4th spot after his suspension and the way Whalen has been turning heads this year in camp, not to mention last year in camp before he got hurt. 

Sure, when we have 3 receivers out Hilton should be in the slot.

But in 2 receiver sets, I think Wayne and Hilton should be out.

I think we can find those KR abilities elsewhere.

Kerwynn Williams, Cassius Vaughan and T.Y Hilton can all return. I'd even rather give a roster spot to Marshay Greene who had a couple of nice returns against the Browns than give it to Reed.

Reed makes it over Palmer. KR abilities.

I think Palmer's injury sealed the deal for him to be off our 53 (maybe PS).  I think we will keep Brazzill -- and think he could turn into a good KR.  If we were gonna cut him for off the field stuff, I think we would have already done so.

I wouldn't be shocked to see us start the season with Wayne, DHB, TY, and Whalen as our only 4 WR's with a guy like Palmer or someone else on the PS.  Maybe keeping an extra OL for injury insurance and if we stay healthy there, waiving him and allowing Brazzill back on our roster.

As far as KR/PR abilities -- TY might be one of, or the best on our team - however, with his size, I would rather him just focus on WR -- maybe entering as a PR late in a close game for a little spark.  I just would rather see TY taking passes from Luck to the house, rather than risking any injury on return-duties. 

Reggie, because of his current speed will Again this season, be our Primary slot receiver.

Our 5th receiver is somwhat likely not on the current roster.