Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

seahawks stomping broncos.

Stephen

I swear to the Old Gods and the New...if it were 23-7 Broncos at the half this thread would be filled with "BRONCOZ 16-0 SUPER BOWL OMGZ LOLLERSKATES PEEEEEYTOONNNN :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: "

Swear.

Most of the knowledgeable folks here wouldn't. During ALL of our most successful seasons under Peyton, we had maybe 2 or 3 combined preseason wins over all those years. ....and we got creamed. These horrid preseasons often led to undefeated talk by week 11.

Preseason is what it is. 

I hate to be rude and keep asking but.....lemme get in on that facepalm just one more time, please?

If he makes a third Seahawks thread, I may ask you again. I feel like a mooch but.....I'm all outta facepalm emotes.

That's just silly. It's noteworthy when a team like the broncos get stomped even if its preseason especially with starters in. It would be just like if the giants jump out to a 34 to 0 lead against the colts tomorrow night with their starters playing the majority of the first half. None of you couldn't tell me you wouldn't raise an eyebrow at that even if it is preseason.

That's just silly. It's noteworthy when a team like the broncos get stomped even if its preseason especially with starters in. It would be just like if the giants jump out to a 34 to 0 lead against the colts tomorrow night with their starters playing the majority of the first half. None of you couldn't tell me you wouldn't raise an eyebrow at that even if it is preseason.

Are you comments based on anything but looking at the score?

The Seahawks returned a kick for a TD. The Broncos starting offense had two terrific 80 yard drives and Peyton's stats were brilliant (against THAT defense with THAT crowd noise) but on the second one the runner fumbled going into the end zone and it was returned 108 yards for a TD. Another drive was also going well before a fumble. The team was also likely back on their heels for awhile after a very early injury to Wolfe resulted in them bringing an ambulance onto the field and taking him straight to the hospital in fear of a neck injury (he seems to be OK fortunately).

All in all, your assumption that the Broncos starters were dominated is completely without merit. The Seahawks special teams was better and they forced some turnovers, and once the starters were out - who cares. By the way, Wilson played a lot longer than Peyton did. All in all it's been a pretty freaky game in which the score is vastly missleading.

The Seahawks returned a kick for a TD. The Broncos starting offense had two terrific 80 yard drives and Peyton's stats were brilliant (against THAT defense with THAT crowd noise) but on the second one the runner fumbled going into the end zone and it was returned 108 yards for a TD. Another drive was also going well before a fumble. The team was also likely back on their heels for awhile after a very early injury to Wolfe resulted in them bringing an ambulance onto the field and taking him straight to the hospital in fear of a neck injury (he seems to be OK fortunately).

All in all, your assumption that the Broncos starters were dominated is completely without merit. The Seahawks special teams was better and they forced some turnovers, and once the starters were out - who cares. By the way, Wilson played a lot longer than Peyton did. All in all it's been a pretty freaky game in which the score is vastly missleading.

I noting all the mistakes they are making like the fumble by Thomas that helped the game get lopsided. Plus too many penalties.

I swear to the Old Gods and the New...if it were 23-7 Broncos at the half this thread would be filled with "BRONCOZ 16-0 SUPER BOWL OMGZ LOLLERSKATES PEEEEEYTOONNNN :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: "

Swear.

So you're saying there is favoritism on this forum? Thanks for clearing that up

Guest TeamLoloJones

I noting all the mistakes they are making like the fumble by Thomas that helped the game get lopsided. Plus too many penalties.

I think this is more of a case of Denver playing poorly, than Seattle playing great.  Seattle looks like it did most of last year, but Denver looked at little frazzled, and once Peyton left it just snowballed.

Do you remember how bad we (Colts) would get beat down in the preseason during the best seasons Peyton had here? How quickly fans forget, how anxious the preseason logistics fool us. 

Here's a peek at our preseason before our "undefeated season that could've been" in which we went to the SB.

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/indianapolis-colts/results/2009

1-3 including a 38-7 drumming by the Eagles and a loss to the  would-be 2-14 Lions.

How about our championship year?

Again....1-3 including 30-17 stomping by the would-be 10-6 .....you guessed it....Seahawks. 

Our record shattering 2004 regular season we went 2-2 including a 31-7 blowout against the Jets. 

You see where this is all going? Gauging a preseason properly is done by watching the subtleties and taking it all in stride, understanding that the playbook is cut to a slim selection and nobody is showing their hand quite yet. 

and now you know the rest of the story

I can't imagine P. Manning or J. Fox not addressing all of the mistakes and being ready once the games count.  This is what preseason is for. Knocking off the rust and tightening up the ship. Couple switches to the bad bounces and the score could just as easily be flip flopped. Broncos will have it together soon enough.

All of these sane posts about it being the preseason and all and yet Irasy took to twitter after the first game to let Colts fans know that he gave his "commanders" a talking too and most Colts fans were supportive of him? smh  Much hyprocrisy here me thinks.

In terms of the Broncos, they lost another player Derek Wolfe (DE) to a neck injury. He had to be carted off. These injuries are really mounting for the Broncos and will impact their campaign especially if Miller is suspended.

All of these sane posts about it being the preseason and all and yet Irasy took to twitter after the first game to let Colts fans know that he gave his "commanders" a talking too and most Colts fans were supportive of him? smh  Much hyprocrisy here me thinks.

In terms of the Broncos, they lost another player Derek Wolfe (DE) to a neck injury. He had to be carted off. These injuries are really mounting for the Broncos and will impact their campaign especially if Miller is suspended.

actually  also injured 

flared knee to right guard Louis Vasquez,

the Broncos’ most significant injury from their preseason game here Saturday may be to cornerback Champ Bailey.

He left CenturyLink Field on crutches, his left foot in a boot.

X-rays were negative but an MRI exam on Bailey’s foot Sunday will show the extent. Bailey left late in the first half with the Seahawks driving near the Broncos’ end zone.

A Seahawks player pushed his foot off Bailey’s. The Broncos left cornerback felt something strain on the bottom middle of his foot.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/08/18/champ-bailey-on-crutches-with-left-foot-injury/20833/

Please note to all my friends , in my last comment in a post on  the 16th, things are to involved as stated & do not know if & when can be here again

life is just to fast paced for me , have that feeling u know of losing control to minor degree, not really losing control but list of crap is unbelievable and no matter what i check off always more, as is for everyone else I am sure to varying degrees

Really may just have to give up some things or curtail them like here on forum and take care of other stuff

http://forums.colts.com/topic/19614-jeff-saturday-has-lost-50-poundsno-plans-of-a-

comeback/#entry535989

Best to all , Go Colts , Peyton stay healthy your arm looked stronger 

And here you are  :deadhorse: , wasn't there at least a 7 page thread about this, filled with a good number of your posts expressing your outrage?  I can't believe this still has you in a hissy.  Get over it already, continuing to talk about this would be like continuing to talk about Brady's career ending knee injury he received the other day.  Did you see what I did there?  Both stories were blown way out of proportion.

ps

Stewart Bradley left the game with a left wrist injury. Wes Welker with a right ankle sprain,  

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Thats-What-He-Said-Seahawks-Postgame/03e42696-4d9b-4735-a10b-

:troll:

Did you just note the mistakes in your head but then not consider them at all when posting??  you certainly didnt note the mistakes in any posts....

I didnt agree with you 2 weeks ago but I have to lean your way now..

Wolfe will clearly miss some time and Champ Bailey got hurt, too.  Take away Miller and every a patched up Baltmiore team could be a problem..

The score vs Seattle didn t bother me becaese there was a 21-point swing onthe hIllman fumble and the 106yd kickoff return where the refs initially called holding and then picke d up the flag.. 

..but the Broncos already were thin at LB....and in the D-line...

Denver may have to score a lof of points early

Is all this talk any different than last week with the Colts?   It's preseason and teams are not going to play with a full game plan. As a long time Colt fan we should be used to seeing turnovers and poor special teams play. At the end of the day all the teams will be 0-0 starting regular season and all this preseason banter will be forgotten.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, August 19, 2013 - personal insult
Hidden by Superman, August 19, 2013 - personal insult

i feel sorry for your friends and family who have to tolerate you in person

haha adorable