Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Saturday has lost 50 pounds...no plans of a comeback

chad72

That's just startling and a bit disturbing. I tend to assume that football players are just huge in general, but this really makes you wonder about the extremes that many players have to go to in order to maintain high enough weights to be effective. Not to imply that Jeff did anything illegal, but I'm scratching my head about the fact that suddenly he looks like a perfectly normal guy who wouldn't even be considered a candidate to be a professional athlete.

In other words, a guy who was a fat 295 might lose 50 pounds of fat in a few months with diet and exercise, and call it a triumph. But look at the difference in his chest and arms. I didn't know that you could lose 50 pounds of muscle in that amount of time unless you were sick. 

That's just startling and a bit disturbing. I tend to assume that football players are just huge in general, but this really makes you wonder about the extremes that many players have to go to in order to maintain high enough weights to be effective. Not to imply that Jeff did anything illegal, but I'm scratching my head about the fact that suddenly he looks like a perfectly normal guy who wouldn't even be considered a candidate to be a professional athlete.

In other words, a guy who was a fat 295 might lose 50 pounds of fat in a few months with diet and exercise, and call it a triumph. But look at the difference in his chest and arms. I didn't know that you could lose 50 pounds of muscle in that amount of time unless you were sick. 

These guys have a really high caloric intake. Take that away, and you'd see significant weight loss. 

It's interesting to me as a guy who is always battling weight issues....

When professional athletes of all types retire,  they either gain a lot of weight because they're no longer active,  or they drop a lot of weight.

Congrats to the ones like Saturday who can drop so much weight!     Mad props to him!   :thmup:

some guys that play football have to work to stay that big

my daughter has a friend that played college ball.......he really had to work at keeping his size up

when he stopped playing he lost 70 lbs

he is very thin now which I think is his natural body type

also muscle is heavy and goes away quickly.

anyway I think Jeff is movie star handsome and looks and sounds great on espn

my daughter has a friend that played college ball.......he really had to work at keeping his size up

Jeff looks pretty healthy on TV/ let alone happy to be where he is at , one of if not the best undrafted free agent i can remember on any team

Whoot Whoot!!  Looking good Jeff.  :flirty:

Sorry Coltssouth he's taken lol.  I have always loved how his family is just ordinary.  I don't know why but Saturday and his family always came across as ordinary people compared to some of the other players families not to say there was anything wrong with other players families. 

This post is just bizarre.  The man was a linemen for years, and when he's not, he makes the decision to get down to a healthy weight.  Sorry, but the amount of training these guys do, I don't find it the least bit surprising that he can drop that weight that quickly.

Now me on the other hand... I sit behind a desk 90% of the day.  Losing that weight is something I dream of, but I don't have the physical determination that Saturday does.  Well, that, and I love food.  :)

This post is just bizarre.  The man was a linemen for years, and when he's not, he makes the decision to get down to a healthy weight.  Sorry, but the amount of training these guys do, I don't find it the least bit surprising that he can drop that weight that quickly.

Now me on the other hand... I sit behind a desk 90% of the day.  Losing that weight is something I dream of, but I don't have the physical determination that Saturday does.  Well, that, and I love food.   :)

Really? Always delighted to receive the judgement of my "peers", nonsensical or otherwise. Thanks so much for sharing.

Let me translate it in a manner than might make more sense for you:

"These guys" do all that training in order to put the weight ON. There is only two ways to lose muscle - letting it atrophy, which implies NOT training at all, or consuming far fewer calories than your body requires to the point that it has to consume the muscle to keep you from starving. The former is a natural process but common sense suggests that it would take longer than a few months to lose 17% of your body weight - most of it muscle - just by inactivity. The later might be a bit unhealthy. If he had lost 50 pounds of fat in that time frame it would be pushing the boundaries of what's considered healthy, but it would be easy to applaud. 50 pounds of muscle? THAT'S bizarre. The bottom line is that if we saw him NEXT August like this I wouldn't think much of it, but that was awfully quick. Either way, what he did has little correlation to a sedentary person finding the discipline to get rid of a spare tire.

As others have suggested, it sounds like he just naturally isn't that big a guy, and had to go to ridiculous lengths to keep that weight on for all of these years. That's not exactly healthy either. The things these guys do to play a game is pretty ridiculous actually.

Really? Always delighted to receive the judgement of my "peers", nonsensical or otherwise. Thanks so much for sharing.

"These guys" do all that training in order to put the weight ON. There is only two ways to lose muscle - letting it atrophy, which implies NOT training at all, or consuming far fewer calories than your body requires to the point that it has to consume the muscle to keep you from starving. The former is a natural process but common sense suggests that it would take longer than a few months to lose 17% of your body weight - most of it muscle - just by inactivity. The later might be a bit unhealthy. If he had lost 50 pounds of fat in that time frame it would be pushing the boundaries of what's considered healthy, but it would be easy to applaud. 50 pounds of muscle? THAT'S bizarre. The bottom line is that if we saw him NEXT August like this I wouldn't think much of it, but that was awfully quick. Either way, what he did has little correlation to a sedentary person finding the discipline to get rid of a spare tire.

As others have suggested, it sounds like he just naturally isn't that big a guy, and had to go to ridiculous lengths to keep that weight on for all of these years. That's not exactly healthy either. The things these guys do to play a game is pretty ridiculous actually.

He was on local radio the other day and admitted he really had to gorge himself at times to keep his weight up. His transformation is also helped by the fact that his wife is physical therapist who put him on a whole new workout/diet regimen soon after he retired.

During my college days I wrestled and friend of mine started at the 128 division (can't remember all the weight divisions) and slowly moved up because he couldn't keep his weight down.  By the end of the season he was at the 138 division and less than two weeks after the season he was just under 165!  The baseball coach didn't believe the wrestling coach on my friends weight and had bet a case of beer, they called me over to weigh the guy so yes I also couldn't believe a person could gain that much in little over a week!

Yes this is the opposite but gaining 20+ pounds in little over a week!  I know a lot was water weight but gaining 20+ pound!  That was a lot of beer, burgers, pizza and fries!

That's a common story for O line guys. Some of them struggle to keep that weight up, because the get sick of eating. I saw an article on (i forget who) but it was basically the same story, exercise and stop eating like a pro ball player.

Jeff looked healthy to me though. 

I dunno that I'd call that judgment, but whatever.

How are you determining that he lost all that muscle?  The guy did not look like Vernon Davis with his shirt off.  I guarantee you that Josh Chapman could drop 50 lbs pretty darned quick if they needed him to.

Long story short, weight loss is a purely simple thing.  Calories in vs. calories out.  Calories that aren't used are stored as fat.  If you're a pro football player, you're probably burning close to 4000 calories a day, and probably 6000 on game day.  To keep weight, you eat eat eat eat.

All a guy like that has to do is control his calorie intake, and he loses weight.  Throw in the fact that he probably still trains in the gym and what not, and he can make some serious progress in little time.

As for the health impacts, it mostly depends on what they are consuming.  If he is downing high cholesterol foods, sure, that isn't healthy.  If he is downing lean protein and veggies, he can probably be much healthier than the 200lb desk jockey who routinely eat McDonalds for lunch.

As for the correlation to a sedentary person, there is always correlation when it comes to fat loss.  Saturday's progress is likely due to the fact that he kept training and stopped trying to maintain that high of a weight.  When you mix a high activity level with a restricted (or even normal) diet, you're going to see really, really good progress.

My only problem with your initial post was that it suggested that Saturday lost all kinds of muscle.  He's a lineman.  Every one of those guys has a gut that probably weighs a good 40 lbs.  Add to that the fatty tissue around the chest, back, love handles, thighs, etc. etc., and losing 60 lbs might not be the hardest thing ever.

I dunno that I'd call that judgment, but whatever.

How are you determining that he lost all that muscle?  The guy did not look like Vernon Davis with his shirt off.  I guarantee you that Josh Chapman could drop 50 lbs pretty darned quick if they needed him to.

Long story short, weight loss is a purely simple thing.  Calories in vs. calories out.  Calories that aren't used are stored as fat.  If you're a pro football player, you're probably burning close to 4000 calories a day, and probably 6000 on game day.  To keep weight, you eat eat eat eat.

All a guy like that has to do is control his calorie intake, and he loses weight.  Throw in the fact that he probably still trains in the gym and what not, and he can make some serious progress in little time.

As for the health impacts, it mostly depends on what they are consuming.  If he is downing high cholesterol foods, sure, that isn't healthy.  If he is downing lean protein and veggies, he can probably be much healthier than the 200lb desk jockey who routinely eat McDonalds for lunch.

As for the correlation to a sedentary person, there is always correlation when it comes to fat loss.  Saturday's progress is likely due to the fact that he kept training and stopped trying to maintain that high of a weight.  When you mix a high activity level with a restricted (or even normal) diet, you're going to see really, really good progress.

My only problem with your initial post was that it suggested that Saturday lost all kinds of muscle.  He's a lineman.  Every one of those guys has a gut that probably weighs a good 40 lbs.  Add to that the fatty tissue around the chest, back, love handles, thighs, etc. etc., and losing 60 lbs might not be the hardest thing ever.

Did you look at the picture?

saturdaysbs2.jpg

His biceps, chest, and neck are all markedly smaller, while there is no evidence of significant excess fat in his belly or face beforehand. Thus the assumption that he lost primarily muscle - unless your belief is that his prior bicep dimension came from eating burgers and watching television.

330 pound nose tackles tend to have enormous stomachs - their goal is to be immovable objects. Jeff's game was built on his brain, his technique, and quickness - not bulk. It's likely his weight was in his upper body and his legs. Men are more likely to have large stomachs and thin legs if overweight. if you have large legs - it's MUSCLE. Yes, of course you lose fat by eating less and exercising more, but doing that to lose muscle - quickly - is a bit of a contradiction.

I'm pretty similar. I've always been relatively small, but my freshmen year of college I worked out frequently and gained about 17 lbs of muscle. Stopped working out...gone. All of it. I changed no other habit than my exercise routine. Some people stop and lose muscle and others stop and gain fat. I have to eat...and eat...and eat to keep my weight at or above 150 lbs. 

Did you look at the picture?

saturdaysbs2.jpg

His biceps, chest, and neck are all markedly smaller, while there is no evidence of significant excess fat in his belly or face beforehand. Thus the assumption that he lost primarily muscle - unless your belief is that his prior bicep dimension came from eating burgers and watching television.

330 pound nose tackles tend to have enormous stomachs - their goal is to be immovable objects. Jeff's game was built on his brain, his technique, and quickness - not bulk. It's likely his weight was in his upper body and his legs. Men are more likely to have large stomachs and thin legs if overweight. if you have large legs - it's MUSCLE. Yes, of course you lose fat by eating less and exercising more, but doing that to lose muscle - quickly - is a bit of a contradiction.

Fat is everywhere in the human body.  Everywhere.  Let me say that one more time... EVERYWHERE.

I have a certain amount of muscle (not anything like an NFL player, however), and it is all covered by a layer of fat.  All of it.  Arms, legs, chest, etc. etc. etc.  Jeff's bicep, in that picture, is not a clean, cut, lean arm.  There is muscle behind it, most definitely.  But a good amount of the "girth" of his arm is fat.

Take a look at Vernon Davis:

811_1vd.jpg

That likely has less than 8% body fat.  Saturday is probably in the 15-20s.

Jeff Saturday lost sixty pounds.  I'd be willing to bet that approximately half of that was in his gut, 30-40% was in his legs, and the remaining 10-20% was in his arms.  I'd be willing to bet that he did lose some muscle mass, but by and large, most of the weight was fat.

And the reason he looks so skinny in comparison is due to the fact that muscle is much more dense than fat.  The weight he lost was primarily fat, and thus he lost a LOT of girth in a lot of areas.

Fat vs muscle:

tumblr_lr82a8QyR01qeow5po1_500.jpg

Fat is everywhere in the human body.  Everywhere.  Let me say that one more time... EVERYWHERE.

I have a certain amount of muscle (not anything like an NFL player, however), and it is all covered by a layer of fat.  All of it.  Arms, legs, chest, etc. etc. etc.  Jeff's bicep, in that picture, is not a clean, cut, lean arm.  There is muscle behind it, most definitely.  But a good amount of the "girth" of his arm is fat.

Take a look at Vernon Davis:

That likely has less than 8% body fat.  Saturday is probably in the 15-20s.

Jeff Saturday lost sixty pounds.  I'd be willing to bet that approximately half of that was in his gut, 30-40% was in his legs, and the remaining 10-20% was in his arms.  I'd be willing to bet that he did lose some muscle mass, but by and large, most of the weight was fat.

And the reason he looks so skinny in comparison is due to the fact that muscle is much more dense than fat.  The weight he lost was primarily fat, and thus he lost a LOT of girth in a lot of areas.

Fat vs muscle:

Fantastic, so we've established that we've both got 10 cents worth of knowledge - like most people. I concluded that he lost "mostly" muscle, you concluded that he lost "mostly" fat. Should we arm wrestle about it? :slapfight:

I only responded to you initially because of your insulting characterization of my post as "bizarre" - about as welcome and appealing as a picture of a "glistening" half-naked guy next to piles of random body parts. :puke: Did you have to search for that or is it your screen saver?  

I vote to stop in fear of what may come next. Oh, and because this is utterly pointless.

Fantastic, so we've established that we've both got 10 cents worth of knowledge - like most people. I concluded that he lost "mostly" muscle, you concluded that he lost "mostly" fat. Should we arm wrestle about it? :slapfight:

I only responded to you initially because of your insulting characterization of my post as "bizarre" - about as welcome and appealing as a picture of a "glistening" half-naked guy next to piles of random body parts. :puke: Did you have to search for that or is it your screen saver?  

I vote to stop in fear of what may come next. Oh, and because this is utterly pointless.

You just keep getting more and more bent out of shape.  I classify a post as bizarre, and you get insulted like I just called your first born ugly.  Lighten up.

To put it simply, I am a big guy, and for the most part, I always have been.  I am accustomed to gasps by nurses and the like looking at my weight and saying, "Is that right?"  I am also accustomed to people telling me I am not overweight, when I know that I really, really am.

So, when I read a post from someone that suggests that what Saturday did was "muscle atrophy" etc. etc., all I can do is shake my head.  My point, plain and simple, is that ANY lineman, and many other players, still carry fat.

As for my "10 cents worth of knowledge", I can tell you this much.  I have lost 20 to 30 lbs several times in my life.  By and large, most of that weight was fat.  All of my measurements shrunk.  Clothes fit better, etc. etc.  The biggest reason for this is the simple principle of fat being less dense than muscle.

Honestly, when you speak of muscle atrophy, you sound like someone who knows a good amount.  But then, you suggest that it happened over several months???  Unless Jeff was laying in a bed for the past 6 months, I don't see how that's possible.  I had a similar body type to Jeff (before he lost all that weight).  I have gone through numerous points over the past 10 years where I stopped lifting or doing much of anything on a physical level.  But yet, the muscle (that I did build prior) still mostly remains (80% oro better).  Atrophy like you're referring to as far as Jeff is concerned, is simply not very likely.  Not really over ten years, and certainly not over 6 months.

As for those pictures, I've seen them in posts on reddit, and various other places, when the topic of weight distribution etc comes up.  Fat is something that just goes where it wants to go, and is no where near as dense as muscle.  Strong guys like Jeff and other NFL players likely have varying levels of thickness at varying points.  End point being, smaller arms doesn't mean muscle atrophy.  Smaller arms means the guy lost 60lbs of weight, and the fat sources in those varying areas have been depleted, or drastically minimized.  When you're a fat kid always in and out of losing weight, you tend to research this stuff very, very heavily.

You just keep getting more and more bent out of shape.  I classify a post as bizarre, and you get insulted like I just called your first born ugly.  Lighten up.

To put it simply, I am a big guy, and for the most part, I always have been.  I am accustomed to gasps by nurses and the like looking at my weight and saying, "Is that right?"  I am also accustomed to people telling me I am not overweight, when I know that I really, really am.

So, when I read a post from someone that suggests that what Saturday did was "muscle atrophy" etc. etc., all I can do is shake my head.  My point, plain and simple, is that ANY lineman, and many other players, still carry fat.

As for my "10 cents worth of knowledge", I can tell you this much.  I have lost 20 to 30 lbs several times in my life.  By and large, most of that weight was fat.  All of my measurements shrunk.  Clothes fit better, etc. etc.  The biggest reason for this is the simple principle of fat being less dense than muscle.

Honestly, when you speak of muscle atrophy, you sound like someone who knows a good amount.  But then, you suggest that it happened over several months???  Unless Jeff was laying in a bed for the past 6 months, I don't see how that's possible.  I had a similar body type to Jeff (before he lost all that weight).  I have gone through numerous points over the past 10 years where I stopped lifting or doing much of anything on a physical level.  But yet, the muscle (that I did build prior) still mostly remains (80% oro better).  Atrophy like you're referring to as far as Jeff is concerned, is simply not very likely.  Not really over ten years, and certainly not over 6 months.

As for those pictures, I've seen them in posts on reddit, and various other places, when the topic of weight distribution etc comes up.  Fat is something that just goes where it wants to go, and is no where near as dense as muscle.  Strong guys like Jeff and other NFL players likely have varying levels of thickness at varying points.  End point being, smaller arms doesn't mean muscle atrophy.  Smaller arms means the guy lost 60lbs of weight, and the fat sources in those varying areas have been depleted, or drastically minimized.  When you're a fat kid always in and out of losing weight, you tend to research this stuff very, very heavily.

You miss-read my frame of mind. I was "bent out of shape" for about as long as it took me to make my initial response to you. My second response was dry and straightforward. My third response involved a bit of poking fun (admittedly for my own amusement) in the context of saying "Don't you think we've about covered this topic?". I'm not upset.

I can relate to some of the personal issues you've described. I've lost 20-30 pounds myself (and yo-yo'd a bit) and I sure as heck hope that it was mostly fat. My observation was that in contrast I didn't think that Jeff had that much fat to lose in the first place. I didn't "suggest that his muscles atrophied". I was implying the SAME thing that you state above - how UNLIKELY it was for his muscle's to atrophy. I was pointing out the contradiction involved in someone seeming to drop muscle like they were ill, yet rounding into a condition that has the ladies in the forum oohing and aahing. I was suggesting that that left the OTHER way of losing muscle - which is to force your body into "starvation" mode so it burns it as a fuel source - something that I didn't think was considered a healthy thing to do. But none of us know the details - I really just left an open question to the forum......"WTH?"

Some responded to suggest that he had to consume massive amounts of calories to support that weight in the first place, so that simply eating a normal healthy diet would result in rapid weight loss.

No-one said it, but it could just as easily have been suggested that he used banned substances to keep the weight on (something that's probably rampant in football but we all blissfully chose to ignore it unless someone gets caught) and that simply stopping the usage might result in the weight loss.

You essentially suggested that based on your personal experience as a large man, it's a reasonable loss, largely because like most lineman his percentage of body fat likely wasn't that low. In other words, that he didn't lose as much muscle as I had assumed. 

I get it, no problem. The actual answer is likely a combination of #1 and #3. We could talk about this the rest of the month and it would still be conjecture.

Apparently we've both read tons about the basics. I've subscribed to a nutrition newsletter for decades. I used to try to use a spreadsheet  to plan out weight loss/improvement programs that factored in the projected change in my basic metabolic rate as I lost fat but gained muscle (which of course requires more calories to maintain). I've sadly done far better at planning than implementing, and probably spent more time reading than actually dieting. I suspect that the difference in our opinions lays in our assumptions about how a typical male stores fat.

We are of course all influenced by our personal experience, but that doesn't change the fact that we all have our full complement of fat cells by the time we are adults. Those cells don't change locations, they just all simultaneously get bigger or smaller as energy is stored or removed. I'm under the impression that a healthy percentage of them are located in the abdomen in most men. When I was young I had a 30" waist with solid legs, arms, and chest. While I understand that "fat is everywhere", it wasn't fat that was making them "solid". Now my arms, legs, and chest are much smaller, yet I weigh more. One guess where the excess is located! I thought that pretty much all men get a pronounced "spare tire" before demonstrating obvious heaviness elsewhere. I didn't notice one on Jeff in the first place, so I assumed that the inches gone from his arms, legs, neck, chest were primarily muscle. Surely these men become pro's because of their time spent in the weight room and on the field, they don't just go to White Castle. I'm sure that there is merit to your suggestion - when I've lost weight (like with Jeff) you can even detect it in my face. But even if the guy has a different body type then mine - it appears to me that he's dumped quite a bit of muscle.

MAC, I'm gonna have to side against you on this one.  It seems to me like you clearly underestimated his body fat percentage at his playing weight and the rate at which weight loss can occur, both fat loss and otherwise.  Saturday dropped about 55 pounds over 6 months, that's not really drastic for a guy his size... ESPECIALLY one that is actually in shape and has a fair amount of muscle mass keeping his metabolism up.  Given that he was probably sitting on about 25% body fat to begin with and is now likely closer to 15% that would point to about 40 pounds of that loss being from fat.  That's a pretty fantastic ratio of fat loss to muscle loss (you can't lose weight without losing SOME muscle mass, the body doesn't let you selectively burn fat) and is what you'd expect of a high level athlete trimming down.

For some perspective, here's a picture of a guy that weighs 296 pounds with 19% bodyfat:

image007.jpg

Looks pretty trim for a big guy, right?  He's certainly leaner than Saturday was or most offensive linemen, for that matter.  A lot of linemen are easily above 30% bodyfat but Saturday always played a bit smaller than your average center or guard would.  Fat over muscle tends to look "solid", it's fat over fat that is really influenced by gravity and gives you that spare tire and double chin.  When you have a large frame and a lot of muscle you tend to have more lean surface for the fat to distribute over which is why that guy looks quite buff and some 200 pound Joe Shmoe looks quite flabby at the same BF%.

SW1 does not normally critique men Nadine, but I'm secure enough in my masculinity to say that Jeff looks good & he keeps his facial hair nicely trimmed. I've always kinda envied women in this regard. They can claim either gender is attractive or handsome with no stigma attached to them at all. For instance, a woman can say that another woman is pretty without being accused of being attracted to the same sex. Men, in our society, can't really do that without enduring ridicule, backlash, teasing & sometimes physical harm tragically. 

SW1 does not normally critique men Nadine, but I'm secure enough in my masculinity to say that Jeff looks good & he keeps his facial hair nicely trimmed. I've always kinda envied women in this regard. They can claim either gender is attractive or handsome with no stigma attached to them at all. For instance, a woman can say that another woman is pretty without being accused of being attracted to the same sex. Men, in our society, can't really do that without enduring ridicule, backlash, teasing & sometimes physical harm tragically. 

that's true

I thought something similar when I had daughters

They have more freedom to become who they want

Guys have a lot of 'male' expectations from day one

you guys are tough!

Jeff looks pretty healthy on TV/ let alone happy to be where he is at , one of if not the best undrafted free agent i can remember on any team

Exactly Barry! Jeff Saturday is also the #1 advocate for the League keeping all 4 Preseason games too. He has said on more than 1 occasion that he would never had made the INDY roster without all the Preseason games to get off the cut bubble. That's why I love Jeff. He is always self deprecating in everything he does & he understands that rookies may need all 4 games to prove they belong on a team. You rock Jeff! 

that's true

I thought something similar when I had daughters

They have more freedom to become who they want

Guys have a lot of 'male' expectations from day one

you guys are tough!

Thanks Nadine. I really appreciate your honesty here. But, all men need that special someone to bring out our tender side without being crucified for that visual vulnerability too & wives & girlfriends do deserve credit for allowing men to express that private side when we all feel brave enough to do it. 

I have always believed all women are partially lesbian lol. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I have always believed all women are partially lesbian lol. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I could so see Ron Burgundy [Actor Will Ferrell] saying that line in the upcoming film "Anchorman 2."  :lol:

Diversity is "an old, old, wooden ship used during the Civil War Era" right Ron? "Stay classy San Diego." Just kidding! 

I could so see Ron Burgundy [Actor Will Ferrell] saying that line in the upcoming film "Anchorman 2."  :lol:

Diversity is "an old, old, wooden ship used during the Civil War Era" right Ron? "Stay classy San Diego." Just kidding!

It would fit Mr. Burgandy to a T.

I like your response here MAC because there is a danger in losing weight too quickly. I worry about that when I hear about linemen & coaches getting their stomachs stapled. I had a couple of cousins undergo this surgery awhile ago only to discover that the procedure didn't take & they are no longer slim & trim anymore. That's the worst thing a Dr. can do: Give an obese patient false hope. I'm glad that Jeff Saturday had his wife to help him do it naturally at his own pace etc. etc. 

You never want to mess up your metabolism forever that's for sure.

It would fit Mr. Burgandy to a T.

Everytime I watch that movie "Anchorman", I can't get this song outta my head. It's on a permanent feedback loop.  haha

"Afternoon Delight"

Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight
Gonna grab some afternoon delight
My motto's always been; when it's right, it's right
Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night
When everything's a little clearer in the light of day
And we know the night is always gonna be there any way

Thinkin' of you's workin' up my appetite
Looking forward to a little afternoon delight
Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite

Sky rockets in flight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight

Started out this morning feeling so polite
I always thought a fish could not be caught who wouldn't bite
But you've got some bait a waitin' and I think
I might like having a little afternoon delight

Sky rockets in flight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight

Please' be waiting for me baby when I come around
We could make a lot of lovin' 'for the sun goes down

Thinkin' of you's workin' up an appetite
Looking forward to a little afternoon delight
Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite

Sky rockets in flight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight

*On a side note, the same thing happens to me when SW1 watches Jack Black in the film "School Of Rock" & he plays Stevie Nicks "Edge Of Seventeen" on the jukebox. Ha! Ha! *

Exactly Barry! Jeff Saturday is also the #1 advocate for the League keeping all 4 Preseason games too. He has said on more than 1 occasion that he would never had made the INDY roster without all the Preseason games to get off the cut bubble. That's why I love Jeff. He is always self deprecating in everything he does & he understands that rookies may need all 4 games to prove they belong on a team. You rock Jeff! 

less preseason, less chance for undrafted free agent like him he likes to note

may & may not be here much, issues as usual, nothing critical, just tedious and need doing ,infact need to go now

take care

life is just to fast paced for me , have that feeling u know of losing control to minor degree, not really losing control but list of crap is unbelivable and no matter what i check off always more, as is for everyone else I am sure to varying degrees

However this am, Actually took a Rx I usually dont till at night if I even do then, just to settle down , quite multiple spasms to , quite rare for me and as 1 RX last a long time I am very prudent in its use

Really may just have to give up some things or curtail them like here on forum and take care of other stuf

Beatles wrong 8 days a week is still not enough , nor would be 10