Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This is why I love Andrew Luck

Guest TeamLoloJones

Guest TeamLoloJones

Of all the heroic comebacks, all the goofy interviews, of everything I've ever seen or heard of Andrew Luck, non of that compares to this play:

Guest TeamLoloJones

Put him in the defense. haha

But that was a gruesome hit!

I can't decide what my favorite quote from the broadcasters is,  "That was a QUARTERBACK!!!" or "Andrew Luck brought thee wood"

Guest TeamLoloJones

Helmet-to-helmet on the QB? That would be a fun call to make.

The ref wanted to throw the flag, but after what he just witnessed, he made a business decision to keep the flag in his pocket. haha

Well, if Bradshaw/Ballard fumbles against SD..I bet Shareece Wright will think twice about scooping up the fumble..unless if he wants his clock cleaned again by Luck (assuming Wright wins the starting role this year, of course). Just in case he forgot, Andrew could send him a post card..a week prior to the game....

mdHppAd.png

Guest TeamLoloJones

Well, if Bradshaw/Ballard fumbles against SD..I bet Shareece Wright will think twice about scooping up the fumble..unless if he wants his clock cleaned again by Luck (assuming Wright wins the starting role this year, of course). Just in case he forgot, Andrew could send him a post card..a week prior to the game....

mdHppAd.png

I'm hoping they show this replay that night if Shareece Wright's name ever gets brought up.  It would make a whole new wave of Andrew Luck fans.

We got us a football player. Thanks for posting. 

Exactly ruksak, it reminds me when T-sizzle from the Ravens tackled Luck last year & he says "nice hit!" 

Suggs smiles, laughs, & taps him on the side of his helmet. When premier pass rushers like you, you're beginning to make a name for yourself.

Well....   you can't have one without the other....

I was at the Stanford-USC game when Luck lowered the boom on Sharee Wright.   But remember,  Wright was 195 pound corner.    The whole stadium was buzzing over that hit.   It was electric.

From the same year,  here's luck leveling a 215 pound safety from Cal who tried to hit Luck during a long run by Andrew...   except Luck hit the safety much harder.    You know who won this battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4_w-puInqY

I know Luck is often portrayed as a nerd and a goofball and such....   but underneath that is one very tough kid and football player.    Very, very tough.

Ya i seen that video awhile back.  But Wright is pretty small compared to most LB's IMO.  He wouldnt have done that to a Ray lewis sze LB, or even Mathis size.

THis here is another hilarious hit from Luck.  Just shoulder shrugs a Safety and even looks at him fall for a sec before running again.

Ya i seen that video awhile back.  But Wright is pretty small compared to most LB's IMO.  He wouldnt have done that to a Ray lewis sze LB, or even Mathis size.

THis here is another hilarious hit from Luck.  Just shoulder shrugs a Safety and even looks at him fall for a sec before running again.

I love the commentary by Petros Papadakis..He has this annoying, loud mouthed voice..but he is so entertaining on his show Petros and Money out here on the West Coast. He made me laugh when he almost busted out laughing as he said it looks like Luck just stands there looking at him before he takes off again...

This is one big strong quarterback!  

I love the tenacity of wanting to hit someone...love it.  I love the propensity/willingness to block a block on the stretch play.... 

Like BC above, I mostly enjoy the grit to bring 'our team' down the field in the 2 minute drill...half time and game end.  We know if we do not score it will be 'darned close.'

Number 18 was pretty goofy way back in the dark ages :)  He turned out to be a pretty good QB too :thmup:

Note:  Andrew and Patty Mac:  Leave the tackling to the tacklers.....we need you!  (OK...as bad as the not so-Special Teams were on Sunday....Pat ya may have to tackle a couple of times.  :)   :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :huthut:  :huthut:

:thmup:

Note:  Andrew and Patty Mac:  Leave the tackling to the tacklers.....we need you!  (OK...as bad as the not so-Special Teams were on Sunday....Pat ya may have to tackle a couple of times.  :)   :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :huthut:  :huthut:

Gotta disagree here, Pat and Drew should just play hard nose football and make defensive plays when possible.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Want to know why scouts rated Luck as the greatest QB prospect in a decade?  The commentary on this play sums it up..."I don't know how Andrew Luck did that!"

Yeah...that just happened.

Guest TeamLoloJones

"Quarterbacks aren't supposed to do that are they?" 

Part of me loves that toughness & awareness & part of me says "Ah Andrew, what the hades are you doing?" Your team needs you for the entire season man. You're not paid to be a safety or LB Luck.  haha

The thing that is important to remember about that play, is that Luck prevented a TD right before the half.  Stanford would go on to win a one possession game at the last second.  So it's conceivable to say if Luck doesn't make that play, Stanford loses that game.

I love Luck and how he is a football player but if he ever tried that in a NFL game I'd hope the coaches chewed him out for it. That's a great way for QB to get hurt at the NFL level.

I don't know. That tackle saved a touchdown in a tie game. If Luck doesn't stop him, he's probably going in. And there's no half-speed tackling, either you do it or get out of the way. I prefer to see him make the play there, especially since he obviously knows how to do it properly.

This is one big strong quarterback!  

I love the tenacity of wanting to hit someone...love it.  I love the propensity/willingness to block a block on the stretch play.... 

Like BC above, I mostly enjoy the grit to bring 'our team' down the field in the 2 minute drill...half time and game end.  We know if we do not score it will be 'darned close.'

Number 18 was pretty goofy way back in the dark ages :)  He turned out to be a pretty good QB too :thmup:

Note:  Andrew and Patty Mac:  Leave the tackling to the tacklers.....we need you!  (OK...as bad as the not so-Special Teams were on Sunday....Pat ya may have to tackle a couple of times.   :)   :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :huthut:  :huthut:

I gotta agree with BrentMc11 here...Let the tacklers do their job. Avoiding contact= longevity in this league. Sometimes Andrew has no choice, but there are times when sliding or running out of bounds is the best business decision to make. 

The thing that is important to remember about that play, is that Luck prevented a TD right before the half.  Stanford would go on to win a one possession game at the last second.  So it's conceivable to say if Luck doesn't make that play, Stanford loses that game.

True, but all it takes is one sold hit in the right place, your knee pops, & your Championship season is over & done right now. 1 glorious highlight reel means nothing down the stretch absolutely nothing. 

I gotta agree with BrentMc11 here...Let the tacklers do their job. Avoiding contact= longevity in this league. Sometimes Andrew has no choice, but there are times when sliding or running out of bounds is the best business decision to make. 

Straight up!  Ya gotta tackle....If you have to.....bury em boys!!

Want to know why scouts rated Luck as the greatest QB prospect in a decade?  The commentary on this play sums it up..."I don't know how Andrew Luck did that!"

Yeah...that just happened.

"That is a highlight play for all time." Was that an impressive feat? Sure, it was & yes I realize that most games are decided by 5 or 6 key plays that must be made at crucial times in order to secure a victory. However, that quote, to my dismay, also reminds me of highlight reels televised on ESPN during the basketball season. Just because Blake Griffin is a dunking machine, it doesn't necessarily mean that the Clippers actually won their game either.

Sorry to mix sports here, but my point is this: Don't get so preoccupied with highlights that you lose sight of what really matters...Winning the darn game...