Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Brown Missed Block (Threads Merged)

antipatriot

Once again Donald misses a block. Poor Painter I like our running game now without Donald, Joe and Delone are running well but as I just watched as soon as Donald comes in bad things happen. Donald cannot pass block he will get one of our QB's killed. Maybe we can get a 4th or 5th for him, I am sure he can fit well in some other teams offence because I think he has talen just not in our system.

I am okay with Donald Brown never seeing the field again unless there is an injury. Addai and Carter have both proven to be good at running. Addai is great at blocking. Carter seems to be getting better at it. Brown can't run and can't block why are we playing him again?

That play was Ijalana's fault.

No it wasn't Brown was supposed to pick the guy up. Ijalana was blocking someone else that would have been unblocked if he didn't. In normal Brown fashion as soon as the guy was passed he turned around and went after him almost like "oh yeah I knew I forgot something"

No it wasn't Brown was supposed to pick the guy up. Ijalana was blocking someone else that would have been unblocked if he didn't. In normal Brown fashion as soon as the guy was passed he turned around and went after him almost like "oh yeah I knew I forgot something"

The guy would not have been unblocked Brown was going for the outside guy, Ijalana should have taken the inside. But by all means blame it on Brown, he is an easy target.

The guy would not have been unblocked Brown was going for the outside guy, Ijalana should have taken the inside. But by all means blame it on Brown, he is an easy target.

Or maybe Brown was suppsoed to take the inside guy. Brown sure turned around quickly like it was his mistake and it was Brown Painter talked to after the play. This isn't Joseph Addai who has a history of being a good blocker either, it's Donald Brown who has a very long history of messing up blocking.

Or maybe Brown was suppsoed to take the inside guy. Brown sure turned around quickly like it was his mistake and it was Brown Painter talked to after the play. This isn't Joseph Addai who has a history of being a good blocker either, it's Donald Brown who has a very long history of messing up blocking.

We're also talking about Ijalana getting his first PT, not a seasoned vet. Clearly there was a miscommunication between the two guys, but Ijalana had a DE practically head up on him yet he jumped outside, leaving the DE free, to the same guy that Brown was going to take, making Brown look silly and guilty. My money is on Ijalana as the guilty party.

We're also talking about Ijalana getting his first PT, not a seasoned vet. Clearly there was a miscommunication between the two guys, but Ijalana had a DE practically head up on him yet he jumped outside, leaving the DE free, to the same guy that Brown was going to take, making Brown look silly and guilty. My money is on Ijalana as the guilty party.

Except for the fact again it was Brown that Painter went too and talked to and pointed to the guy who hit him. IE it was Brown's guy to block. Also notice Brown didn't see the field again after that, if it wasn't his screw up he wouldn't have been benched the rest of the game. Polian also said on the post game show Ijalana blocked the right guy and Brown missed the block and it was something Brown needed to work on and while Brown is getting better (acording to him) he still has work to do. You could tell as soon as Brown started to go outside and as soon as he realized Ijalana had that guy he quickly turned around went for the other guy by then it was too late. It wasn't unlike Link's missed block in Houston that left Clark one on one vs. Mario Williams in the first half.

Except for the fact again it was Brown that Painter went too and talked to and pointed to the guy who hit him. IE it was Brown's guy to block. Also notice Brown didn't see the field again after that, if it wasn't his screw up he wouldn't have been benched the rest of the game. Polian also said on the post game show Ijalana blocked the right guy and Brown missed the block and it was something Brown needed to work on and while Brown is getting better (acording to him) he still has work to do. You could tell as soon as Brown started to go outside and as soon as he realized Ijalana had that guy he quickly turned around went for the other guy by then it was too late. It wasn't unlike Link's missed block in Houston that left Clark one on one vs. Mario Williams in the first half.

Anyways, seeing as I don't have all night to argue this crap. If that was the case it was a stupid blocking scheme, Ijalana should have taken inside and Brown outside.

Anyways, seeing as I don't have all night to argue this crap. If that was the case it was a stupid blocking scheme, Ijalana should have taken inside and Brown outside.

If Brown picks up the guy like he was supposed to it would have been fine. He didn't thus like most people are saying he screwed up...again.

well don't forget this is Painter's first start so he may not have even been sure of the blocking assignments. either way it's the entire o-line, rbs, and tes that are getting the qbs killed.

Yea I remember two key blocks he missed on third downs. heck even Ijalana, a rookie who hasn't played RT, was doing a solid job and brown can't even identify assignment. For those of you claiming it was anyone else other than Brown's fault on both third and manageable, rewatch the game and you will see it was Brown's fault clearly. I blame most of this on the coaching staff because why do we put our worst blocking RB in on third down when we know we are going to pass!!!!!

why do we put our worst blocking RB in on third down when we know we are going to pass!!!!!

The same reason we bypass a turnover challenge that would've taken 7 points away from TB.

The same reason we had Dallas blocking a 6'8 Mario Williams in week 1.

The same reason we spot TB 12-15 yards inside and underneath on every 3rd and long.

The same reason we started a retired old man whom had never played an Indy style offense instead of the kid we've been grooming for years.

The same reason we are 0-4.

Our coaches are idealistic, conservatively flawed and stubborn.

I can only appeal to Irsay to save us. Step in, stop tweeting random nonsense and step in brother. Put an end to this nonsense once and for all.

I saw it and didn't care for what I saw. Brown is not a blocker and quite frankly, he should not be put in position to be one. Great coaches adapt for the strengths of their players and scheme to hide their players' shortcomings. Brown is not being utilized to his strengths, which makes him a waste. I still think the kid has talent and if used properly, he could make a positive impact, but to date, he is simply not being used correctly.

Unfortunately, I think it's best for the Colts and Donald to part ways after this year. DB's skill set simply don't fit what the Colts need.

He may actually succeed in another offensive system, which is why it's probably in his best interests to get traded/waived.

Everybody see my man Donald Brown's one play..

Kinda got confused on protection and Painter got crushed.

Funny, I didnt see him much after that...

I did watch the game here and there but missed the Donald Brown's missed block . . . if funny when i saw your thread it made me think of the video of Peyton yelling at Donald for missing a block as Peyton rolled out of the pocket . . .

Donald SUCKS at blocking...and he's triple bogey for the course at running....I still think of the video of Peyton saying "go* da**it donald"...unfortunately we don't have video of Painter getting the opportunity to say it because unlike Manning Painter has such a little sense of awareness on the field and never saw it coming. But hats off to him I think he did rather well all things considered. (Painter that is...PAINTER that is...now Brown!)

I agree with people that the guy can not block in the backfield. I agree that we should try and get some type of draft pick for him, Addai is playing nice and I really like Carter as his backup. I think they need to try and move this guy sooner rather than later.

it was the linemans fault........ijalana however brown didn't have anyone to block coming from the outside either so brown could have picked him up. but to let him have a clean release.....LINEMANS FAULT.

I agree with people that the guy can not block in the backfield. I agree that we should try and get some type of draft pick for him, Addai is playing nice and I really like Carter as his backup. I think they need to try and move this guy sooner rather than later.

You are not going to get anything for this guy. Why would any team give up anything for DB? They see how terrible he has been since we drafted him. We would be lcuky if we got a 7th round pick.

I say just cut him lose whenever the cap is the lightest and move on from him.

His blocking is just flat out atrocious.