Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Brown Missed Block (Threads Merged)

antipatriot

The lineman is always supposed to take the guy to the inside, as he is the one that will get to the QB quicker than the guy on the outside, which gives the RB time to get over and make the block. So in that case, it was Ijalana's fault. They taught us this in high school football, a pro lineman should know that.

You are not going to get anything for this guy. Why would any team give up anything for DB? They see how terrible he has been since we drafted him. We would be lcuky if we got a 7th round pick.

I say just cut him lose whenever the cap is the lightest and move on from him.

His blocking is just flat out atrocious.

I would at least try. You never know, someone might give a late pick for him. It's worth the phone call and see if there is any interest there.

he wouldnt be a GOD runner.....more of a good runner

remember..he got us in the playoffs last year...

HAHAHA! Donald Brown got us in the playoffs last year? Really? Pardone moi, but I believe Peyton Manning got us in the freaking playoffs last year, in spite of Donald Brown and all the insane injuries we had last year.

I saw the play in question and it wasn't that Brown failed in his block attempt but it more appeared that he did not understand his assignment nad never even got in position to make the block. Not sure which is worse.

Brown is clearly gone after this season. He may actually be gone in season.

he wouldnt be a GOD runner.....more of a good runner

remember..he got us in the playoffs last year...

No he helped us win a GAME to get to the playoffs. There were three other games we had to win in that stretch to get to the playoffs and he didn't do jack in three of them. Then once we were in the playoffs he didn't even see the field. Honestly had been as good as he was in the Jags game we wouldn't have turned to Rhodes, we wouldn't have drafted Carter and resigned Addai, and Carter wouldn't be in front of him on the depth chart. He had a good game against the Jags, credit to him for that. However it was a game. Aaron Moorehead once had a good game, so did Tom Santi. It didn't make them good players.

NOOOOOO

cut him to make room for Tommie Harris

Tommie Harris isn't coming back for two reasons. He was trouble in the lockerroom and the main reason he's on the Chargers active roster.

There is also the whole you can't play with just two healthy running backs thing in case someone gets hurt.