Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2012 Super Bowl Halftime show is.......

aavmarine

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to get a clue. How is Madonna not relevant? Her last tour set the record for highest money maker of all time ANY artist. That was only a couple years ago. It's amazing that she is still that relevant. Most popular female pop artist of all time and whether you love her or hate her she knows how to put on a show. Count me as one who is psyched about this if true.

This has got to be an untrue rumor.

I like some of Madonna's music, but honestly I could see her pulling something more stupid than Janet's 'wardrobe malfunction'. Even if she is 50 she's still Madonna and as you said "knows how to put on a show".

What's your favorite Madonna song? Mine is Dress You Up.

This has got to be an untrue rumor.

I like some of Madonna's music, but honestly I could see her pulling something more stupid than Janet's 'wardrobe malfunction'. Even if she is 50 she's still Madonna and as you said "knows how to put on a show".

What's your favorite Madonna song? Mine is Dress You Up.

Yeah I like all types of music from metal to pop and am not ashamed to say I love Madonna's music. I think she is way past all that shock value hijinks at this point in her career although I wouldn't mind a wardrobe malfunction. LOL Too many to mention on favorite song but I will say La Isla Bonita, Justify My Love, or Bedtime Story.

Good point JJ.

But there are artists that have broad appeal

After every superbowl......mostly what you hear is complaining about the half time show

But

My kids liked most of them

I liked most all of them

For sure they are better in person

Hey JJ how about the Go Gos?

Go Go's would be great but probably not appealing to the masses.

SB its got to have broad appeal.

Now Stevie Nicks should appeal! :)

Joan Jett? probably too offbeat:)

Yeah I like all types of music from metal to pop and am not ashamed to say I love Madonna's music. I think she is way past all that shock value hijinks at this point in her career although I wouldn't mind a wardrobe malfunction. LOL Too many to mention on favorite song but I will say La Isla Bonita, Justify My Love, or Bedtime Story.

I love most types of music too! I really like La Isla Bontia. I thought it was one of her better songs. It wasn't a typical pop song.

IndyLady

They need to get AC/DC. They are just as good now as they've ever been.

Madonna at an NFL game fits like a winning season in Cincinnati.

She probably doesn't even have any idea what an "Indianapolis" is.

Seriously, who makes these decisions for the NFL? Roger Goddell's daughter?

IMO they should look at acts that have a far reach ... Black Eyed Peas was a horrible choice, Metallica - great band , but a horrible choice.

Mellencamp would be a nice choice. I think a band like ZZ top would fit as well. Van Halen is going back out on Tour .... they have a catalog of far reaching tunes they could pull off!

Madonna? What she is doing these days is crap - its not wide reaching. Whats she gonna do come out and sing like a virgin or papa dont preach? IMO its a HORRIBLE choice if it is her.

IMO they should look at acts that have a far reach ... Black Eyed Peas was a horrible choice, Metallica - great band , but a horrible choice.

Mellencamp would be a nice choice. I think a band like ZZ top would fit as well. Van Halen is going back out on Tour .... they have a catalog of far reaching tunes they could pull off!

Madonna? What she is doing these days is crap - its not wide reaching. Whats she gonna do come out and sing like a virgin or papa dont preach? IMO its a HORRIBLE choice if it is her.

Well if she's not wide reaching these days how did she set a Tour revenue all time record(any artist) just two years ago? A lot of you commenting on Madonna crack me up as you only know her stuff and her image from the 80's I think. She has dozens and dozens of hits to choose from so that's not an issue. How can the biggest female pop singer of all time be a mistake? It can be a mistake only if you like rock over pop but many of the rock acts they have had have been lame. ZZ Top and Van Halen? Really? I like those bands as much as anybody back in the day but both are just a shell of their former selves. I have a ZZ Top blu -ray and they live up to their name these days as they will put you to sleep.(zzzzzzz) Van Halen haven't been good in like 20 years. Eddies son is playing bass in the band. Enough said. If I had to pick a rock act it would be Bon Jovi hands down.(I don't think they have done it before??) Bon Jovi are still relevant and are pop/rock and have a ton of hits to boot. ( I would have said Rush as they are at the top of their game and outplay anybody in the rock genre but they are not the type of band that would do a Halftime show)

Sorry but can't stand Madonna. As I would love to get someone who isn't on hype or on, splashy and expensive. Who knows how to sing and knows how to entertain an audience. Like Paul McCartney or The Who!

Where have you been? Both of them have already done it. The Who was just year before last I think and the consensus by everybody I've heard is that they were a big disappointment.

Prince was by far the best halftime show I've seen. How bad were The Who? One of the most boring I've seen and they didn't sound very good. Black Eyed Peas was pretty bad as well.

In person the Who were OUTSTANDING. Great show! Very fun.

Concerts don't translate well onto TV.

I agree with you about Bon Jovi though........although someone on here told me it was a 'gal thing'

What about aerosmith?

Steven Tyler is still very relevant imo and a showman

Their music style is eclectic enough that there must be something for everyone

No you di'int......

I cannot possibly be the only one here with Bieber fever?

You have Bieber fever because you have a daughter and probably hear Bieber all the time. rotfl I wouldn't mind Bieber also I'm not high on Madonna. I'm a Bon Jovi addict. They probably want a woman to keep the men interested. Wrong the men go for food and drinks at halftime so the women get to watch Madonna. Well this woman will be going for food and drinks like the men. haha

Just as long they get someone to sing the National Anthem that can remember the words. rotfl

You have Bieber fever because you have a daughter and probably hear Bieber all the time. rotfl I wouldn't mind Bieber also I'm not high on Madonna. I'm a Bon Jovi addict. They probably want a woman to keep the men interested. Wrong the men go for food and drinks at halftime so the women get to watch Madonna. Well this woman will be going for food and drinks like the men. haha

Just as long they get someone to sing the National Anthem that can remember the words. rotfl

I call my daughter Mrs Bieber all the time. She squeals "Daaaaad". Love it.