Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian: Hernandez not on the Colt's Draft Board....

NewColtsFan

Just saying though... had they drafted Hernandez, the situation would be completely different. He would be in Indy, not Boston.

Either way, glad they stayed away from him.

I think he would have found trouble wherever he went.  Maybe not to the level he is in now but trouble none the less.  Keep in mind he went to Florida for college which is no where near where he grew up and still found trouble there. 

I think he would have found trouble wherever he went. Maybe not to the level he is in now but trouble none the less. Keep in mind he went to Florida for college which is no where near where he grew up and still found trouble there.

Florida isn't exactly a peaceful state itself either. Especially Miami, definitely trouble there

Florida isn't exactly a peaceful state itself either. Especially Miami, definitely trouble there

Gainesville isn't Miami though and is on the other end of the state from Miami.  That's like saying Indianapolis is a dangerous city because it's in the same state as Gary. 

With that said there are trouble makers in EVERY city, even Indianapolis.  If you are a bad dude like Hernandez is you will find trouble no matter where you go.  Again, it might not have been to the level it is right now but I don't think he would have been a model citizen here just because it's Indianapolis either.  Look at what happened with the Pacers with Jackson and Tinsley for an example of how people can find trouble even in Indianapolis if they make poor choices. 

Just saying though... had they drafted Hernandez, the situation would be completely different. He would be in Indy, not Boston.

He'd probably still go home to hang with his boys in the off season.

Indy crime rates are higher than Boston across the board....2011 anyway

Like any other state, it depends on where you are. Florida is actually mostly little towns where little to nothing happens.

Like any other state, it depends on where you are. Florida is actually mostly little towns where little to nothing happens.

The problem is that the larger cities seem to have more problems then other cities of their size.  Although to be fair psychologically speaking hotter weather does actually seem to cause that.  

No, you are correct. Bill preferred to draft people with on-field issues.

That was one of the funniest post I've read. Honestly who knows what would have happened if Aaron landed here. His mind set couldve changed when he was here.

The problem is that the larger cities seem to have more problems then other cities of their size. Although to be fair psychologically speaking hotter weather does actually seem to cause that.

"The heat makes people crazy"- Huey Freeman :D

Shady McCoy.... ummm Sam Acho...... Arian Foster..... Just the names that come to mind

I don't know, but he claims to have needed a TE; and , if I remember correctly, Jimmy Graham was the very next pick after we took Kevin Thomas.

well, say what you want, but florida is chock full of dishonest people. after spending a few years down there, i found the honor of people from indiana to be very refreshing

i think everyone running from the law or people outcast by there families all migrate to florida

well, say what you want, but florida is chock full of dishonest people. after spending a few years down there, i found the honor of people from indiana to be very refreshing

i think everyone running from the law or people outcast by there families all migrate to florida

:funny: that's the craziest/funniest thing I've heard all day

He'd probably still go home to hang with his boys in the off season.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I mean he is from Conn originally right? Therefore hanging out on the east coast in the off season is what I would expect him to do every year. Therefore I don't understand all these posts about "his mindset would have changed if he was in Indiana" I mean Lefeged is proof that our mindset does not set us apart from other teams(I Know he was arrested in D.C but still), as well as Kenton Keith being in trouble with the law inside Indiana and he was from Canada. I highly doubt things would be going swimmingly for him off the field even if the Colts had drafted him.

I guess.  I've lived here (Florida) my entire life, and been to many other states, and haven't found the people here to be any more dishonest than anywhere else. Yes, in Miami, and some of the other big cities, you're gonna run into trouble, but that's no different than any other large city in the world. 

This is exactly what I was thinking. I mean he is from Conn originally right? Therefore hanging out on the east coast in the off season is what I would expect him to do every year. Therefore I don't understand all these posts about "his mindset would have changed if he was in Indiana" I mean Lefeged is proof that our mindset does not set us apart from other teams(I Know he was arrested in D.C but still), as well as Kenton Keith being in trouble with the law inside Indiana and he was from Canada. I highly doubt things would be going swimmingly for him off the field even if the Colts had drafted him.

I agree. There's a belief on our boards here that our Colts can get the best out of any player, even a knucklehead, because of the integrity of our coaches and GMs. Before we had Dungy who was all about expecting high personal standards out of his players and had a knack for giving players a 2nd chance if the seemed worthy of it. I'm not saying our board members are wrong on this, I generally agree our coaches of the past and present have something in them that inspires men to be their best.

That being said,not all players can be changed and Hernandez is 1 of them. Some players are such premaddonas and knuckleheads that they're not worth the risk.

I don't know, but he claims to have needed a TE; and , if I remember correctly, Jimmy Graham was the very next pick after we took Kevin Thomas.

then every gm sucks cause everybody passed on jimmy graham 3 times...

KK played football in Canada, but he is from Omaha. Then again, not sure of the difference between Omaha and Saskatchewan.