Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UPDATE: Aaron Hernandez All discussion about past and present merge)

deedub75

True MAC, it is Haslem's team, but since state legislature's often "appropriate" funds for stadium expansions & renovations what if an owner was accused of corruption or illegal gambling activities?

I realize of course that very few city's could afford to take on the responsibility of directly owning a percentage of a team & even if they could afford it via a small investment group, it doesn't mean that they have the right personnel to run day to day operations. So therefore, a family can retain ownership of a franchise just by changing the name on the stadium deed? Interesting...Wow, talk about passing the buck...Too bad bank robbers can't do that. Steal millions & then give the money to your brother & the bank or IRS can't get their money back. Just Kidding!

In simplest terms, you can take away a man's employment or terminate a contract without proof of wrongdoing, but you would need to be far more cautious about taking away a man's property without that proof.

The Pats aren't stealing anything from AH, they are just choosing to disassociate themselves from him... but it would be larceny to take the Browns away from Haslem without just cause.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me like AH's buddies flipped on him. Without something like that, a murder 1 charge wouldn't have been dropped. 

I haven't heard about anyone else being charged in this case, but I'm feeling like Hernandez's "friends" named him as the trigger man. 

Two other men, allegedly summoned by Hernandez by text message that night, also were involved in the killing, McCauley said, but their names were not released.

The district attorney's office protected their identities by getting a judge to impound records — such as the police report and search warrants — and prosecutors did not say whether the two would be charged.

((( First off I wouldn't believe any of the 3 as at this point all looking after themselves ,  the other 2   may have not said he took the shoot , but i also have the feeling they are looking out for themselves & going for states evidence and any deal they can make & said something as )))

McCauley did not say directly that Hernandez pulled the trigger on any of the shots, but the criminal complaint states that Hernandez "did assault and beat" Lloyd "with intent to murder such person, and by assault and beating did kill and murder such person."  

( how does he know that  ?? )

It seems like Arron did arrange the whole thing, at least thats how the prosecutors tell it & if can prove it  they can convict I believe , he did apparently call up his crew to come there & go with him to pick up LLoyd and that set the final course in action

At least thats how its been laid out by what evidence they say they have

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2013/06/26/aaron-hernandez-charged-with-murder/2459751/

Thought you did... Ya never know about anything any more , so why not. Can you imagine Tom Brady being told that he now has Tebow instead of Hernandez to throw to.

Well stranger things have happened . :thmup:   Maybe Next season is going to be quite interesting to say the least.

Well stranger things have happened . :thmup:   Maybe Next season is going to be quite interesting to say the least.

I dont count the Pats out until they are out, Good OL, Good run game, Offense will vary but we will have to wait & see

I do feel they need to stay competitive till Kronk gets healthy

Thought you did... Ya never know about anything any more , so why not. Can you imagine Tom Brady being told that he now has Tebow instead of Hernandez to throw to.

Not desireable for sure but beats some of the other hacks Brady has had, i.e. Jackson, Johnson, Underwood. Tebow would be an upgrade to those guys. I really think the Pats are going to become a power run team and that was the plan before AH's legal troubles and before Gronk's back surgery. They have seven TEs on their roster to block as well as catch. They got Blount from Tampa Bay. Got rid of Woodhead. They are going big.

I dont count the Pats out until they are out, Good OL, Good run game, Offense will vary but we will have to wait & see

I do feel they need to stay competitive till Kronk gets healthy

Not desireable for sure but beats some of the other hacks Brady has had, i.e. Jackson, Johnson, Underwood. Tebow would be an upgrade to those guys. I really think the Pats are going to become a power run team and that was the plan before AH's legal troubles and before Gronk's back surgery. They have seven TEs on their roster to block as well as catch. They got Blount from Tampa Bay. Got rid of Woodhead. They are going big.

Do not know if that was the idea earlier but do agree will rely heavily on run, said so when Kronk issue came up , though at that time I also though AH would be part of that run package

Two other men, allegedly summoned by Hernandez by text message that night, also were involved in the killing, McCauley said, but their names were not released.

The district attorney's office protected their identities by getting a judge to impound records — such as the police report and search warrants — and prosecutors did not say whether the two would be charged.

((( First off I wouldn't believe any of the 3 as at this point all looking after themselves ,  the other 2   may have not said he took the shoot , but i also have the feeling they are looking out for themselves & going for states evidence and any deal they can make & said something as )))

McCauley did not say directly that Hernandez pulled the trigger on any of the shots, but the criminal complaint states that Hernandez "did assault and beat" Lloyd "with intent to murder such person, and by assault and beating did kill and murder such person."  

( how does he know that  ?? )

It seems like Arron did arrange the whole thing, at least thats how the prosecutors tell it & if can prove it  they can convict I believe , he did apparently call up his crew to come there & go with him to pick up LLoyd and that set the final course in action

At least thats how its been laid out by what evidence they say they have

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2013/06/26/aaron-hernandez-charged-with-murder/2459751/

Any guesses at motive here?

For a star athlete with $40 million+ coming his way, it seems quite odd that he would execute another man over something trivial. 

Was it a woman? 

Drugs/A deal gone bad?

Did Lloyd owe money to one of Hernandez's toadies? 

I find Lloyd's last few texts to his sister to be quite sad. He seemed so proud of himself to be hangin out with an NFL star, only to (allegedly) have that same NFL star pull a gun, beat him and execute him. 

Toward motive; I feel that certain facts seem to highlight a real romanticism that Hernandez felt toward the way of the gun. Something about guns seemed to light him up. He owned several guns illegally, without even trying to secure proper compliance with local laws. He apparently shot a man in the face while playing around with a gun. 

And now a man is dead and they have video evidence (from AH's own security footage) that shows Hernandez and his friend walking around Hernandez's home WITH GUNS IN THEIR HANDS, only minutes after the shooting. 

Dude had a strange allure toward the gun. I've met a few folks like that in my travels, that seem almost hypnotized by the power of a gun in hand.

I'm going to guess the motive here to be some low-level amount of street disrespect between Lloyd and one of AH's buddies, and the opportunity that AH always wanted....the opportunity to use his gun in a menacing/violent manner. 

Here is the songbird that led to the speedy filling of charges against Hernandez IMO....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/27/another-man-is-being-held-in-connection-with-odin-lloyd-murder-case/

My guess is that guy is the one whom talked. The one whom put AH on scene. The one that put the gun in AH's hand. 

Like my boy SW1 above, I will stick to innocent until proven guilty until it has been proven TO ME. I'll hold out the potential, albeit a very small amount, that AH wasn't directly involved and was thrust into this by his sordid friends. That perhaps one of them actually did this to Lloyd and AH screwed up by trying to do a solid for one of his boys and help him get away with it. 

The fact that AH didn't talk, that he didn't give anyone up, makes him look guilty IMO. 

"Evidence summarized by prosecutor Bill McCauley at the Wednesday arraignment of Aaron Hernandez strongly suggests that someone in the car other than Hernandez and Lloyd informed police that Hernandez spoke to Lloyd of being upset with something Lloyd had said to others about Hernandez two nights earlier, and that Hernandez believed he couldn’t “trust” the victim.

This implies that one or both of the other two men in the car already have cooperated with police."

Any guesses at motive here?

For a star athlete with $40 million+ coming his way, it seems quite odd that he would execute another man over something trivial. 

Was it a woman? 

Drugs/A deal gone bad?

Did Lloyd owe money to one of Hernandez's toadies? 

I find Lloyd's last few texts to his sister to be quite sad. He seemed so proud of himself to be hangin out with an NFL star, only to (allegedly) have that same NFL star pull a gun, beat him and execute him. 

Toward motive; I feel that certain facts seem to highlight a real romanticism that Hernandez felt toward the way of the gun. Something about guns seemed to light him up. He owned several guns illegally, without even trying to secure proper compliance with local laws. He apparently shot a man in the face while playing around with a gun. 

And now a man is dead and they have video evidence (from AH's own security footage) that shows Hernandez and his friend walking around Hernandez's home WITH GUNS IN THEIR HANDS, only minutes after the shooting. 

Dude had a strange allure toward the gun. I've met a few folks like that in my travels, that seem almost hypnotized by the power of a gun in hand.

I'm going to guess the motive here to be some low-level amount of street disrespect between Lloyd and one of AH's buddies, and the opportunity that AH always wanted....the opportunity to use his gun in a menacing/violent manner. 

In one article, and am leaving so not sure which one and no time top look

But also remember it from live tv

Prosecutor said 2 days earlier Looyd had conversations with men that Hernadez didn't like and that AH was noted to now have  " trust " issues with him, 

what those conversations were days earlier that AH didn't like I dont know & Not sure if prosecutors know who loyd was speaking to, but imah gine the other 2 players in this may haave an idea unles AH just kept it to himselve and saying I have trust issues was enough , think its on tape about the TRUST Issue

Now Running Bye

Here is the songbird that led to the speedy filling of charges against Hernandez IMO....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/27/another-man-is-being-held-in-connection-with-odin-lloyd-murder-case/

My guess is that guy is the one whom talked. The one whom put AH on scene. The one that put the gun in AH's hand. 

Like my boy SW1 above, I will stick to innocent until proven guilty until it has been proven TO ME. I'll hold out the potential, albeit a very small amount, that AH wasn't directly involved and was thrust into this by his sordid friends. That perhaps one of them actually did this to Lloyd and AH screwed up by trying to do a solid for one of his boys and help him get away with it. 

The fact that AH didn't talk, that he didn't give anyone up, makes him look guilty IMO. 

"Evidence summarized by prosecutor Bill McCauley at the Wednesday arraignment of Aaron Hernandez strongly suggests that someone in the car other than Hernandez and Lloyd informed police that Hernandez spoke to Lloyd of being upset with something Lloyd had said to others about Hernandez two nights earlier, and that Hernandez believed he couldn’t “trust” the victim.

This implies that one or both of the other two men in the car already have cooperated with police."

Thats what I was saying, they have AH on tape about TRUST issues with Loyd after speaking to whomever that AH apparently either didnt like what he said or didnt like that he associated with them, (  Like it was a rival gang analogy )

Incredibly, the motive, McCauley said, was that Hernandez caught Lloyd speaking to people Hernandez didn't like.

still all fgrom that same USA TODAY article i often quoted thats why said read below where heading TIMELINE is

McCauley said the plot to kill Lloyd probably was hatched June 14, when Lloyd and Hernandez went to a Boston nightclub and Hernandez caught Lloyd talking to people Hernandez "had troubles with." Two days later, McCauley said, Hernandez summoned two men from out of state, and together they went to the Dorchester section of Boston to pick up Lloyd at his home.

still all fgrom that same USA TODAY article i often quoted thats why said read below where heading TIMELINE is

McCauley said the plot to kill Lloyd probably was hatched June 14, when Lloyd and Hernandez went to a Boston nightclub and Hernandez caught Lloyd talking to people Hernandez "had troubles with." Two days later, McCauley said, Hernandez summoned two men from out of state, and together they went to the Dorchester section of Boston to pick up Lloyd at his home.

lol.....what a terrible motive. So bad, if true, what goof this makes Hernandez. Like, a completely immature street punk stupid little boy. Too much viewings of Scarface?

On the flip side, such a 'hard to digest' motive for an execution style motive might actually play to the defense. A $40 million dollar  young sports star performing a gangland style execution of an associate because he talked to people Hernandez "didn't like"......sounds pretty weak to me. 

If they are going that route and are successful , it would no doubt make the receiving corps a lot less significant.

Don't mean to make light of the situation but besides the currant murder charge , the civil suit for shooting a guy in the face , there's this....  

If already posted sorry....

5674.jpg

Sources tell FOX 25 Boston that investigators consider Aaron Hernandez a possible suspect in a 2012 double murder that occurred in Boston.

On July 16 of last year, police responded to an intersection in downtown Boston. They found three men had been shot while stopped at a traffic light -- two of them fatally. The deceased were identified as Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu, and they had reportedly just left a bar. Witnesses said a gray or silver SUV with Rhode Island plates opened fire and then fled. The investigation is ongoing. Meanwhile, Hernandez was charged with the murder of Odin Lloyd on Wednesday and is facing a civil suit for shooting a man in the face in Florida in February. He'll be in court Thursday afternoon for a bail hearing.

Has anyone heard about a motive for the killing yet?  I know he was buds and I guess this dude was like with Hernandez's fiancee's sister or something like that.  But I havn't heard why Hernandez would want him dead.  

It seems to me that he's likely guilty.  

For years we've heard about how smart these receivers have to be to adjust on the fly to the complicated route adjustments of the offences run my QB's like Brady and Manning. I think Aaron Hernandez blows that theory out of the water. If Hernandez could grasp it just think how dumb Galloway, Ocho Cinco, Lloyd and others were.   

More like they want to cut ties with the massive distraction. Hernandez is no saint either, he has had repeated cases of gun related violence or crimes, dating all the way back to his college days. Some teams didn't even have him on their draft boards at all and he fell in the draft because of his character issues.

The Patriots also probably had some inside info, as they were commenting on NFL Network today that just about every single NFL team has former FBI agents and detectives working the security of their stadiums and they get information through the grape vine.

Nice to see a Colts fan trying to spin this into a negative Patriots topic though, per usual. They just got rid of a hoodlum that has had problems his entire life and is creating a mass media distraction that is going to be NATIONAL news, covered not just by ESPN and NFL Network, but by CNN, Fox News, MSNBC etc. Kraft didn't want his name or the Patriots name constantly being used in the same sentences as things like a murder investigation.

Maybe your holier than thou Colts will sign him right up.. He is in fact on waivers, so the Colts can go pick him up if they believe so much in "innocent until proven guilty." You want to bet $500 that the Colts don't even touch him with a 50 foot pole?

Go drink some more haterade.

Go to a different board if you want patriot love ! After all this is a COLTs board .. Of course we are going to hate on the patriots

Has anyone heard about a motive for the killing yet?  I know he was buds and I guess this dude was like with Hernandez's fiancee's sister or something like that.  But I havn't heard why Hernandez would want him dead.  

Yes. 

The motive was described as Lloyd disrespecting AH by talking to people AH "didn't like" at a nightclub. That Lloyd either said something disrespectful about AH, or otherwise, he disrespected AH by just talking to them. 

This seems like a very weak and unlikely motive, unless AH was a desperately ignorant human being. For a man of his station in life, extremely successful, such a motive for such a heinous crime seems......ridiculous.

he's going to jail for a very very very loooong time.

Anyone old enough to remember the Simpson trial should understand that an arraignment is far from a verdict. 

There are possibilities here for AH to escape with a far lesser charge (if that option is available in that state). I'm assuming the only reason that charges were brought was due to one of AH's accomplices flipping and making a deal. Perhaps the accomplice is lying and AH had nothing to do with the murder and only was complicit in the cover-up (post-event), a way to show his loyalty to his "boys". 

you would think they would atleast wait for the verdict

I think any team would release a player with a first degree murder charge. It's terrible publicity to have any like that under contract and its a huge distraction. Gotta separate themselves from it completely.

Anyone old enough to remember the Simpson trial should understand that an arraignment is far from a verdict. 

There are possibilities here for AH to escape with a far lesser charge (if that option is available in that state). I'm assuming the only reason that charges were brought was due to one of AH's accomplices flipping and making a deal. Perhaps the accomplice is lying and AH had nothing to do with the murder and only was complicit in the cover-up (post-event), a way to show his loyalty to his "boys". 

Just go back a couple years to the Casey Anthony trial.

Still a long way to go before anything is settled in this case. A lot more investigating to do, etc., etc. Speaking to your other post about the supposed motive, it's pretty easy to poke holes in the prosecution's case at this point. Their job between now and prelim is to fill those holes with evidence, as much as possible. 

I think any team would release a player with a first degree murder charge. It's terrible publicity to have any like that under contract and its a huge distraction. Gotta separate themselves from it completely.

I would say their biggest issues in concern toward their decision was AH's behavior as documented. Not that such behavior means AH is guilty of murder 1, rather, that he's got a history of issues with guns. A looming lawsuit for shooting a man "Accidentally". A past non-fatal nightclub shooting that AH was questioned in while attending Florida. The lingering drug issues while at Florida, including rumors that his positive testing for marijuana was occurring far more than reported. 

Add the history with the known facts of this investigation so far ; Hernandez DID destroy evidence. He DID illegally own and carry guns. I say the Patriots took too long to drop him, be it only by 90 minutes. 

I woulda ripped his cord the first minute I heard he was arrested. 

Yep. I was ready to tie that witch to the stake and watch her burn. 

Not even a littering charge for admittedly throwing her dead child along the roadside with all the other trash. 

Guilty of being a terrible human being, which coincidentally, isn't against the law on it's own. 

Point being, it may be impossible for the jury to fairly put that gun in AH's hands. AH's defense needs a story here though, and that's what will be the tipping point of this trial. IF he goes with plausible denial, admitting no knowledge of any of this, I think he's locked up, permanent like. 

If his story provides the jury with reasonable doubt, he may go free. Time served for gun charges and catching passes for the Bengals in a few years. 

Still a long way to go before anything is settled in this case. A lot more investigating to do, etc., etc. Speaking to your other post about the supposed motive, it's pretty easy to poke holes in the prosecution's case at this point. Their job between now and prelim is to fill those holes with evidence, as much as possible. 

Exactly. There's going to many twists and turns to follow. AH may not be the trigger man but he's dirty for sure. The prosecutor is still holding cards in their hand and will get dealt a few more as everyone flips. AH woke up in a different place this morning and reality hit hard. I bet he wishes he was the first to talk. This gang thing isn't so cool after all. *. 

From the details laid out, he had top have some involvement , providing the Police deducted the correct info from all the tapes and text , and various street surveliance

as far as that trust issue , being a motive as i note above comment in relation to talking to people AH wasn't down with shall i say 

who knows , with AH's past maybe he was afraid something would be talked about that if event came to light or used someway against him and that would cause the very same end with Patriots or Law trouble as this or some other issue of significance

I guess I am in the minority here. I see the move at this time as quesitonable when it comes to reputation. So players are released for being arrested for obstruction? He was already sighted for destroying evidence and having his tracks cleaned. This is very shady from the standpoint of the Pats trying to look right about this....if that is what they are doing.

My own feelings? He's guilty....big time....that is my gut feeling. If I was making that decision and franchise reputation was my motivating factor, then I would have released him long before this. It smells of not puting what he did over their need for his contributions for the team, as long as he might not get charged. Once they saw that charges are pretty inevitable, now it's about making a statement.

I would have respected them making this move when it was discovered that he broke his phone, erased his video footage, and had his home wiped. After passing on that opportunity, any move prior to conviction seems like damage control.

You gotta read the article first^ I make the same mistake all the time. He's charged with 1st degree murder, multiple gun charges. Not sure if they even bothered with a obstruction charge.

Yes.

The motive was described as Lloyd disrespecting AH by talking to people AH "didn't like" at a nightclub. That Lloyd either said something disrespectful about AH, or otherwise, he disrespected AH by just talking to them.

This seems like a very weak and unlikely motive, unless AH was a desperately ignorant human being. For a man of his station in life, extremely successful, such a motive for such a heinous crime seems......ridiculous.

I would guess that the reason a conflict arose was likely the "motive" being suggested. But I also doubt AH went into that night with the idea someone was going to be killed.

Things likely escalated very quickly, until we got to the point we are at now. Though this is all just my speculation. Only a few guys know what happened, and we will likely hear tons of stories coming from them in the following months.

Yes. 

From the details laid out, he had top have some involvement , providing the Police deducted the correct info from all the tapes and text , and various street surveliance

as far as that trust issue , being a motive as i note above comment in relation to talking to people AH wasn't down with shall i say 

who knows , with AH's past maybe he was afraid something would be talked about that if event came to light or used someway against him and that would cause the very same end with Patriots or Law trouble as this or some other issue of significance

You gotta read the article first^ I make the same mistake all the time. He's charged with 1st degree murder, multiple gun charges. Not sure if they even bothered with a obstruction charge.

they didnt

Pats supposedly laast week decided if any charges related to murder no matter how light wer handed down , thats when he would be fired

From what I watched/read, the circumstantial evidence is ridiculously overwhelming.

I think he's toast, even more so than Casey Anthony or OJ.

But, we'll see.

I was young, but I believe the prosecution placed OJ at the scene of the crime. A lot of critical evidence was thrown out over technicalities, and the prosecution team made some critical mistakes (Mark Furhman, for instance). That just goes to show that you never know what can happen over the course of a murder trial. We might think the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming now, but some of that evidence might not be admissible. The defense hasn't refuted any of it yet. It's just too early.

The Casey Anthony case was a clear example of prosecutorial overreach. Based on the comments from the jury and legal experts, a lesser charge would have earned a conviction. The higher burden of proof, even with "overwhelming" circumstantial evidence, wasn't met.

And that might have bearing on the Hernandez case. The DA has political aspirations, as he ran in the Democratic primary in 2012 for a congressional seat. This case could propel him into national spotlight. John Kerry's former senate seat will be up again in 2014. There's potential for him to overreach in a high profile murder case because of his ambitions. 

There are a lot of things that could happen between now and a trial. Don't be too quick to bury the accused.