Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UPDATE: Aaron Hernandez All discussion about past and present merge)

deedub75

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

confirmed on NFL.com

moved said to be a way to disassociate team from the situation so hopefully team can move arm & lessen training camp distractions

Team supposedly had news situation was bad

also his layers say way he is arrested indicates charges may be worse than obstruction of justice

The pats are screwed man they will really need Brady on top of his game now more than ever. they now have a slight chance to go 8-8.

It depends purely on the Jets and Dolphins, IMO to make it tougher and the NFC South that is on their schedule with the Saints and Falcons no slouches.

Not to mention, the Pats have Ravens, Broncos and Texans on their schedule too.

I can see a Dallas Clark signing. You sign my favorite wideout, I sign your favorite TE, haha:).

THE Patriots Release statement

10:23 a.m.: The Patriots announced the team has released Aaron Hernandez. Here is the team’s statement:

“A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss. Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation. We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process.  At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/06/aaron-hernandez-live-blog/

you would think they would atleast wait for the verdict

I don't think an arrest would be made, especially following the Big Ben fiasco where charges were dropped, if they did not have enough evidence.

The Patriots did not need this distraction, they have Tebow and now this with AH, ironically both ex-Gators. Now, the Pats can just focus on football. It is not like a 4 game suspension. Large media market plus large public incident equals large distraction.

I have to give the Pats some props for having the guts to do this. Now, all of AH's guaranteed money will be used for his defense, I suppose, he can thank the Pats for that.

Pats aren't the Ravens who propped Lewis up as the symbol of character and intergrity the last 10 years. And they are not the Giants either who tried to sign Plaxico after his prison release.

I applaud the move. This is going to get ugly and they are out of it altogether. Interested to see who they sign and how much of AHs contract they can recoup...in this sense Roger will be on their side.

I'm guessing they asked him to turn himself in...but maybe not

I dont think 7 officers come to your house at sun-up on an obstruction of justice charge...

.....and I dont think your team releases you because you might be guilty of obstruction of justice.

They cuffed him before they let him put a T-shirt on

Pats aren't the Ravens who propped Lewis up as the symbol of character and intergrity the last 10 years. And they are not the Giants either who tried to sign Plaxico after his prison release.

I applaud the move. This is going to get ugly and they are out of it altogether. Interested to see who they sign and how much of AHs contract they can recoup...in this sense Roger will be on their side.

Your loyalty to the Pats has to be given a little credit here. Yesterday the man was basically innocent, even to the point you were doubting he really smashed his phone, and now that he's released he's Ray Lewis lol.

The pats are screwed man they will really need Brady on top of his game now more than ever. they now have a slight chance to go 8-8.

That's a bit over the top. If Gronk and Amendola can stay relatively healthy, they should be fine.

That's a bit over the top. If Gronk and Amendola can stay relatively healthy, they should be fine.

I can see a 2009 like 10-6 happening, given that they play the Saints, Falcons, Ravens, Texans and Broncos in their schedule. Division games are never easy pickings.

They play the NFC South with the Bucs, Falcons and Saints for 3 of their first 6 games, those will play a large part in determining what their record will end up as, IMO, whether it will be good for a top 2 seeding, or a 3-4 seeding. I have still no doubt they win their division.

I don't think an arrest would be made, especially following the Big Ben fiasco where charges were dropped, if they did not have enough evidence.

The Patriots did not need this distraction, they have Tebow and now this with AH, ironically both ex-Gators. Now, the Pats can just focus on football. It is not like a 4 game suspension. Large media market plus large public incident equals large distraction.

I have to give the Pats some props for having the guts to do this. Now, all of AH's guaranteed money will be used for his defense, I suppose, he can thank the Pats for that.

Yep. Bravo for them. I was hoping they'd just get him out.

I'm guessing they asked him to turn himself in...but maybe not

I dont think 7 officers come to your house at sun-up on an obstruction of justice charge...

.....and I dont think your team releases you because you might be guilty of obstruction of justice.

They cuffed him before they let him put a T-shirt on

I'm guessing the cops don't appreciate some punk trying to obstruct their investigation.

I can see a 2006 like 10-6 happening, given that they play the Saints, Falcons, Ravens, Texans and Broncos in their schedule. Division games are never easy pickings.

Losing one great player (assuming he is) does not equate to a worse record just as having one great player does not guarantee a playoff or SB. 

Too many people get hung up on one or two players being the difference and that's just not accurate. I would only except a great QB or maybe impact D player.

Your loyalty to the Pats has to be given a little credit here. Yesterday the man was basically innocent, even to the point you were doubting he really smashed his phone, and now that he's released he's Ray Lewis lol.

Thanks House you posted exactly what I was thinking. :thmup:   Great minds think alike. ;)

It is a pre-emptive strike....a.m....you are probably right..

Plus its personal...the owner of the Patriots gave him this contract...long term...big bucks..

It was a big deal...little news conference..glowing words spoken...

Now, the young man he trusted  is apparently the trigger man in the dark late at night

and the owner feels betrayed by what aaron got involved in

Losing one great player (assuming he is) does not equate to a worse record just as having one great player does not guarantee a playoff or SB. 

Too many people get hung up on one or two players being the difference and that's just not accurate. I would only except a great QB or maybe impact D player.

Losing both Hernandez and Welker could show up in critical spots, IMO, especially if Amendola or Gronk miss any amount of time. I just believe that there is a lot of quality in their opponents this year more than last year.

Given how little we knew versus today where his lawyer told the Pats it was bad and he was handcuffed, I have changed my tune. i was hoping for the best but give credit to the police. They are doing a great job.

In terms of the Pats, best to distance themselves now that we know this is ugly. I give them credit for the move as that had to be a tough decision.

This may end up being worse than Lewis...

Losing both Hernandez and Welker could show up in critical spots, IMO, especially if Amendola or Gronk miss any amount of time. I just believe that there is a lot of quality in their opponents this year more than last year.

I don't buy it. I've seen too many average players help win SBs. On the contrary I've seen great players giving no guarantee you win a SB.

Its all about how a "team" performs and executes and coached and some luck thrown in.

I can see a 2009 like 10-6 happening, given that they play the Saints, Falcons, Ravens, Texans and Broncos in their schedule. Division games are never easy pickings.

They play the NFC South with the Bucs, Falcons and Saints for 3 of their first 6 games, those will play a large part in determining what their record will end up as, IMO, whether it will be good for a top 2 seeding, or a 3-4 seeding. I have still no doubt they win their division.

But I'm told the Patriots schedule is easy year after year? That's it's the only reason they win so many games?  

Depends who they get to fill in. AH missed a lot of time last year with the injury and was never 100 percent. Gronk missed from week 10 on and still the team was one half away from the SB. I think the key will be the defense. I have been saying this all along and would still be saying it even if AH was still on the team and Gronk was 100 percent. Pats will not go far if the D is not better which it should be given the off-season they had.

Given how little we knew versus today where his lawyer told the Pats it was bad and he was handcuffed, I have changed my tune. i was hoping for the best but give credit to the police. They are doing a great job.

In terms of the Pats, best to distance themselves now that we know this is ugly. I give them credit for the move as that had to be a tough decision.

This may end up being worse than Lewis...

We knew he was involved, but we didn't know how involved.

The arrest, and subsequent release make it seem like this is going to be bad, but at this point we still don't know much. They are being very hush hush about all this.

Fortunately for the Pats if Gronk gets healthy, and can stay healthy, this loss won't damage them all that much.

But I'm told the Patriots schedule is easy year after year? That's it's the only reason they win so many games?  

Not this year, no way it is easy. At least I am not saying that. :)

AFC North and NFC South is not an easy combo to deal with, IMO plus Texans and Broncos. I don't buy it.

The 2008 schedule following a 16-0 season was an easy one because the NFC West and AFC West stunk then. I base it not just based on starting strength of schedule but how the season ended. I believe it will end up being a tough schedule when it is all said and done this year for the Pats. Just my two cents.

Depends on who the players are..JJ

How many starting skill position players on NE are gone from last year.......

The O-line is still strong...true...

Maybe Tom Brady can find Blair White and Jacob Tamme and make the playoffs anyway

Depends who they get to fill in. AH missed a lot of time last year with the injury and was never 100 percent. Gronk missed from week 10 on and still the team was one half away from the SB. I think the key will be the defense. I have been saying this all along and would still be saying it even if AH was still on the team and Gronk was 100 percent. Pats will not go far if the D is not better which it should be given the off-season they had.

agree D is better

I'm guessing the cops don't appreciate some punk trying to obstruct their investigation.

Did it surprise you that he had no idea what was coming..  B on the T?

The early morning group bust smacks of the old dawn raids on the gangster disciples in Chicago in the 60s and 70s