Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UPDATE: Aaron Hernandez All discussion about past and present merge)

deedub75

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did people proclaim his innocence? If they did I missed it and wont defend it...but what I typically do and I'm sure many others did as well is to wait and reserve judgment until the story is out before completely turning on someone. Now that he's been charged, people are making their judgments and any and all allegiance that was left is gone.

There was talk yesterday that no charges would come of this, and he may have not even have been the one who destroyed his phone.

So from that yesterday, to this today. Quite a scene playing out.

It wouldn't be setting a precedent. I believe that precedent is already set. The Falcons recouped bonus money and received credits after Michael Vick was released.

But that story you linked is interesting. It's strange to me that there'd be no failure to perform clause in Hernandez's contract, given his past. And I'm not sure, but there might be a separate personal conduct clause.

Yes falcons got money back, dont know % , but that also was under old CBA if I am right, so now new rules now = new

precedent if this clause is true and lacking & they get  the lack of it overturned

Time will tell

you have everything you can ever want in life and you blow it by being stupid. why cant people figure out how fortunate they are to be in the position their in and how people would kill ( no pun intended) to be in their shoes.

I will acknowledge that many people have been fired due to a lack of production, poor supervisor evaluations, or poor attention to detail which causes wealthy investors to leave your company or pull their endorsements etc. Unlawful termination suits get filed all the time. Their success rate is another issue entirely. The point is every company has a Human Resources Dept & there is an appeals process in place to protect the rights of the employee & employer. Please don't create the false impression that a fired worker has no legal recourse Superman. That's simply not the case. 

I did not demand Ray Lewis suspension for deer antler spray. I only asked that the matter be taken seriously & not completely dismissed outright just because Lewis is a superstar athlete that's all. 

SW1, I think it has a little to do with the State you live in.  For instance, Indiana is an employment-at-will state, meaning that, as Sup suggests, an employee can be fired for offensive BO.  The exception, as far as I know, is wrongful termination due to racism, sexism, or the like, but that can be difficult to prove.

The difference here is that the Pats have a contract with Hernandez, and I guarantee that contract has provisions for termination.  If he is proven innocent, I am sure the Pats will be on the hook for any and all guaranteed money, but not for keeping him in their employ.

Not really that hard. You said people with money always think they're invincible, someone with money says they don't think they're invincible, thus people with money do not always think they're invincible....It's basic stuff really. Just because Aaron Hernandez has a lot of money (in comparison to the average american) doesn't mean he thought he was invincible. You're just putting words in his mouth and any other person who's doing well financially when you make a statement like that. Money can only do so much. Is it a factor? Of course it is, but if Hernandez is proven innocent it's not the sole reason why he would be proven innocent.

money makes problems go away. Ive learned that numerous times in my life

A well written post here Yehoodi! 1 question though: Can an NFL team fire a player prior to any illegal activity becoming public knowledge in a court of law as the official record of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts? I don't know my friend. I'm asking. I am not defending illegal activity just the rights of anyone accused of a crime. BTW, an unlawful termination suit might not work, but continuing to get a game check all season until a verdict is announced would help pay Hernandez's legal fees & keep his lawyers happy. 

it is my understanding that an NFL can release a player whenever they want, I believe is just becomes an issue of what part of the remaining contract is due the player and any associated cap hit . . .

Colts fans would do the same with Marvin Harrison if he was found guilty, He was never absolved either by the way

I think most knew Marvin was in deep, but I'm not really concerned with what everyone else is thinking/doing. I'm just speaking for myself. Not making generalizations.

Marvin's issues were my issues, but I thought ge was guilty and he probably still is.

Not apples to apples either, because people here still think of Marv in a relatively good light. Not that that says anything about Colts or Pats. Just two wildly different scenarios.

Everyone thought Harrison was to Vanilla to......Turns out he was a murder suspect....at the very least

marv was never charged if remember right ??  , just investigated , if he would of been things would be different

yea? tell me how Im wrong

I'm well off financially and I'm a jeans & t-shirt type of guy. You'd never pick me out of a crowd of regular guys. I've never thought I was above the law in any way. I'm the guy drinking a beer next to you at the corner bar after work.  

it is my understanding that an NFL can release a player whenever they want, I believe is just becomes an issue of what part of the remaining contract is due the player and any associated cap hit . . .

Thanks for clearing that up Yehoodi. I appreciate that. If I ever need legal representation, I will put your number on speed dial. Naturally, I am always a law abiding citizen with a loose interpretation of the speed limit from time to time.  ;)  :thmup:

you dont have to grow up in the hood to be a criminal....Anderson Indiana (where I live) is not exactly the hood, poor town but I wouldn't say the hood

no, but it doesnt help when your expose to violent activities everyday

I'm well off financially and I'm a jeans & t-shirt type of guy. You'd never pick me out of a crowd of regular guys. I've never thought I was above the law in any way. I'm the guy drinking a beer next to you at the corner bar after work.  

not everyone is like you

no, but it doesnt help when your expose to violent activities everyday

But when a person comes out of it and leads to having a good life we could say it didn't hurt them either.

not everyone is like you

It's why your statement was wrong to begin with :lol:

im not gonna write my huge life story on here, but lets just say problems went away when they shouldnt have because of wealth

nuff said, we dont need details and know u from forum , thats what we care about

Years after I left Brooklyn NY and went back to visit I found out I was the good kid according to all the older adults , It bothered me

Me to, St Johns, 1982, December 11th

I would have to dig through my baby stuff to find what hospital I was born at. We moved up north before I was one. Always wanted to go down there to see what it was like. Because my parents lived there awhile before coming to northwest Indiana.

not everyone is like you

not everyone is like you

I know rich people I don't want to be around because they're arrogant but most are very nice and generous. I do see the rich seem to have a lot of issues with their kids turning out to be *. No accountability.

I would have to dig through my baby stuff to find what hospital I was born at. We moved up north before I was one. Always wanted to go down there to see what it was like. Because my parents lived there awhile before coming to northwest Indiana.

Brooklyn Jewish myself, I only know as my first girlfriend was born their 5 days later , so never forgot that, we thought it was destiny untill we realized otherwise , she was good at sports too & a born architect her teachers said but no self confidence

im not gonna write my huge life story on here, but lets just say problems went away when they shouldnt have because of wealth

which happens, But doesn't happen 100 percent of the time. If it did Rae Carruth would not be sitting in prison right now....15 years later he is still sitting in prison, He has 5 years left on his sentence 

SW1, I think it has a little to do with the State you live in.  For instance, Indiana is an employment-at-will state, meaning that, as Sup suggests, an employee can be fired for offensive BO.  The exception, as far as I know, is wrongful termination due to racism, sexism, or the like, but that can be difficult to prove.

The difference here is that the Pats have a contract with Hernandez, and I guarantee that contract has provisions for termination.  If he is proven innocent, I am sure the Pats will be on the hook for any and all guaranteed money, but not for keeping him in their employ.

Your racism/sexism analogy is a good one. Meeting the thresh hold of proof is a high plateau to reach effectively I will admit. You do make a valid point though. If Hernandez is found innocent, the Patriots organization would be obligated to give him that guaranteed money. I just didn't release any NFL player could be fired on "suspicion" alone so quickly schwamm. It makes me root for players more now than management in terms of guaranteed money during NFL contract negotiations. 

I will acknowledge that many people have been fired due to a lack of production, poor supervisor evaluations, or poor attention to detail which causes wealthy investors to leave your company or pull their endorsements etc. Unlawful termination suits get filed all the time. Their success rate is another issue entirely. The point is every company has a Human Resources Dept & there is an appeals process in place to protect the rights of the employee & employer. Please don't create the false impression that a fired worker has no legal recourse Superman. That's simply not the case. 

I did not demand Ray Lewis suspension for deer antler spray. I only asked that the matter be taken seriously & not completely dismissed outright just because Lewis is a superstar athlete that's all. 

I said it has nothing to do with due process in the legal system. Yes, a fired employee has legal recourse, but that's entirely unrelated to an NFL player being released. 

My quote button is not functioning, but I will say this....there is no doubt in my mind that the Patriots were aware of the trouble AH was alledgedly involved in when his gun "discharged" and shot a guy in the face in February. I understand that they did nothing as far as public team sanctions. But when this newest information came out that he had destroyed evidence, I see their decision to accept that plus the February events without releasing the player as their willingness to stand behind the player until proven guilty. So to then release him before he has his day in court after backing him this far, smells to me. My feelings about this...not trying to change anyone's mind....likely no one will change my mind either.

Its a poor, run down town. After GM left it went down hill from what I understand, But most are people are friendly, Its got some restraunts, a mall, and  2 strip clubs, quiet town really but there are drug problems in some areas