Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw visiting Colts/Colts now in 'heavy negotiations' with Bradshaw again. (merge)

Ja'Crispy

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO ,would rather see Vick carry the ball anyday,but that being said we need more quality depth.Right now Bradshaw is a quality receiver,and a capable runner.Believe me V.B. isn't going anywhere and will make believers of any skeptics in here.

IMO ,would rather see Vick carry the ball anyday,but that being said we need more quality depth.Right now Bradshaw is a quality receiver,and a capable runner.Believe me V.B. isn't going anywhere and will make believers of any skeptics in here.

Vick is a great runner.  His problem is that he's very sub par in pass protection.

Vick is a great runner.  His problem is that he's very sub par in pass protection.

A lot of rookies are.  A ton of slamming on Donald Brown, but he improved immeasurably as a pass protector.  Vick will 'get it.'

Just like Fleener at TE....he was simply DESTROYED in one on one drills last year.....he came along well.  Not sure we will 'hire' Bradshaw for a pass protector....easiest way to hurt your chronically ill feet there is....:)

A lot of rookies are.  A ton of slamming on Donald Brown, but he improved immeasurably as a pass protector.  Vick will 'get it.'

Just like Fleener at TE....he was simply DESTROYED in one on one drills last year.....he came along well.  Not sure we will 'hire' Bradshaw for a pass protector....easiest way to hurt your chronically ill feet there is.... :)

I hope so.  He certainly has the size to be good in protection, but he got blown by without getting a hand on the defender several times last year.

Just like Fleener at TE....he was simply DESTROYED in one on one drills last year.....he came along well.  Not sure we will 'hire' Bradshaw for a pass protector....easiest way to hurt your chronically ill feet there is.... :)

Good point Brother his pass blocking doesn't worry me,as you say,and anyone thinking Ballards on the scrap heap is sadly mistaken :thmsup:

I hope so.  He certainly has the size to be good in protection, but he got blown by without getting a hand on the defender several times last year.

Couldve had to do with our terrible OL letting everyone thru ,and he was confused on who to block :funny:

I mean, Vick would still be the #1 back. It'd be Brown who would be losing carries.

Can't say I agree, Bradshaw is a proven NFL back, and an all-round good player. Ballard had a pretty good rookie season.

If Bradshaw's healthy I'd imagine he sees the majority of snaps. Especially when you consider his versatility.

Remember when you actually had to work for information?

Corgi: Listen to this comedian on Conan named Pete Holmes about google, Tom Petty, & the danger of rapid information. It's right on point & hilarious to boot.  haha

I realize this is slightly off topic, but just indulge me for a moment. For those who are unaware, Tom Petty is a rock-n-roll HOF guitar player for the Heartbreakers.  See Below:

1323728686tompetty_img02_hires.jpg

Pass protection for a running back isn't as easy as it looks. And it don't look easy...

Pass protection for a running back isn't as easy as it looks. And it don't look easy...

I'm sure that it's not, but some make it look harder than others.

I was maybe spoiled by Edge and Addai, who were both tremendous in pass protection, but Ballard was BAD in that department last year.  As someone else said, he was a rookie, so hopefully he makes big strides.

He's not getting cut, or replaced. If he truly thinks he's better than prove it. I don't have sympathy for him.

I never said you should have sympathy, I certainly don't either. However his job is most certainly in threat, he will see a lot less snaps, and because of that his value will probably go down, to the Colts and to the 31 other teams in the league.

I'm not concerned, but he should be.

I never said you should have sympathy, I certainly don't either. However his job is most certainly in threat, he will see a lot less snaps, and because of that his value will probably go down, to the Colts and to the 31 other teams in the league.

I'm not concerned, but he should be.

Nah, if these guys were smart they'd realize that fewer snaps = a longer career.  Every down backs usually have the wheels fall off in 2-3 years.  

Pass protection has more to with the ability to read defenses and react to that defense than the size of the player. 

This is posting is timely to the conversation:

Adding Bradshaw to the mix would only help as he hasn’t finished worse than third in our running back pass blocking ratings since 2009 and he was by far the best in the league last year grading at +6.2. Sure he’s a good runner and he can add some life as a receiver out of the backfield, but bringing in a running back who has only allowed 17 pressures on his last 550 pass blocking attempts is the kind of subtle move that could do wonders for Luck’s development as a passer.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/06/10/steves-nfl-daily-june-10th-2013/

PFF:

More Protection for Luck

The Indianapolis Colts’ are rumored to be in the running to sign running back Ahmad Bradshaw and while fantasy football experts scramble to figure out his potential value (along with Quarterback Andrew Luck’s and incumbent running back Vick Ballard’s) perhaps the most important part of Bradshaw’s addition would be his contributions beyond the box score, in pass protection.The Colts have not taken lightly the beating that their franchise player took in his first season and they’ve gone to great lengths to ensure a cleaner pocket in 2013. They dove headfirst into free agency with the additions of right tackle Gosder Cherilus (+21.0 Pass Block) and left guard Donald Thomas (+1.1 Pass Block) who  both represent upgrades over RT Winston Justice (+1.0 Pass Block) and the left guard duo of Seth Olsen (-7.5Pass Block) and Joe Reitz (-5.4 Pass Block).

Adding Bradshaw to the mix would only help as he hasn’t finished worse than third in our running back pass blocking ratings since 2009 and he was by far the best in the league last year grading at +6.2. Sure he’s a good runner and he can add some life as a receiver out of the backfield, but bringing in a running back who has only allowed 17 pressures on his last 550 pass blocking attempts is the kind of subtle move that could do wonders for Luck’s development as a passer.

Nah, if these guys were smart they'd realize that fewer snaps = a longer career.  Every down backs usually have the wheels fall off in 2-3 years.  

He was never going to be an every down back here anyway, running by committee was established when Hamilton came in... his system somewhat demands it.

However, losing quality running snaps will lower his value.

I think he would be the key to winning a championship besides filling key positions on defense.

This guy is hard to stop. Runningbacks tire defenses out and we don't have an explosive runningback so he would be helpful.

All we need is a solid offensive line and this team is ready to go!

Yeah because YOU KNOW exactly what he does with his money? Before you tell me to 'quit' doing anything why don't you look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that you WOULDN'T take the best possible contract you could get.  Have you ever once thought that maybe he supports his entire family and not just the one living inside his own four walls? 

I didnt tell you to stop doing anything.  All I said was most people live paycheck to paycheck.  I guarantee (even if he supports his family) that he hasnt lived paycheck to paycheck since he cashed that first check.  

I'm sure that it's not, but some make it look harder than others.

I was maybe spoiled by Edge and Addai, who were both tremendous in pass protection, but Ballard was BAD in that department last year.  As someone else said, he was a rookie, so hopefully he makes big strides.

Neither of them were good as rookies. Addai was highly disinterested if I remember correctly. It's just a different animal in the pros. 

I didnt tell you to stop doing anything.  All I said was most people live paycheck to paycheck.  I guarantee (even if he supports his family) that he hasnt lived paycheck to paycheck since he cashed that first check.  

A lot of professional athletes live check to check, but that's mostly due to poor decision making.

Pats took Tebow instead

@Edwerderespn: Just filed to ESPN: The Patriots are signing QB Tim Tebow and expect him to be in minicamp tomorrow

He is New Englands kind of football player...A player that is willing to go out there and do whatever he can to help the team win.....Now he just has to work on doing those things well

He is New Englands kind of football player...A player that is willing to go out there and do whatever he can to help the team win.....Now he just has to work on doing those things well

I don't think Tebow is a player willing to go out there and do whatever he can to help the team win.  If that were the case, he would be more willing to give up the QB thing and switch to another position.  He has an ego just like any other player.  He thinks he's a QB but he is not. 

I dont see Manziels arm strength being a problem, or his height, Russel Wilson is not tall either. I have questions about:

1.His delivery

2.He's only been playing 1 year according to ESPN, Can he put another great year together?

3.His big games came against average to below average teams....He threw 4 TD's and 4 picks vs LSU, Alabama, Florida and Oklahoma

Neither of them were good as rookies. Addai was highly disinterested if I remember correctly. It's just a different animal in the pros.

Addai was pretty good in pass protection as a rookie from what I remember. Was what he did best out of anything IMO. I will agree on the Edge notion however.

I expect Bradshaw will sign tonight and be in camp for Wednesday

I don't think Tebow is a player willing to go out there and do whatever he can to help the team win.  If that were the case, he would be more willing to give up the QB thing and switch to another position.  He has an ego just like any other player.  He thinks he's a QB but he is not. 

He did for the Jets some

I dont see Manziels arm strength being a problem, or his height, Russel Wilson is not tall either. I have questions about:

1.His delivery

2.He's only been playing 1 year according to ESPN, Can he put another great year together?

3.His big games came against average to below average teams....He threw 4 TD's and 4 picks vs LSU, Alabama, Florida and Oklahoma

Food for thought.....

Russell Wilson has a big-time arm.   Very big.   That was never the question.

Wilson also played 4 years.    3 at NC State and 1 at Wisconsin.

Manziel has played 1 year at A&M (after Redshirting) and is considering coming out after his 2nd year.